Online now
Online now

To Share or Not to Share

I'mME
9 months ago • Jul 21, 2023
I'mME • Jul 21, 2023
Literate Lycan wrote:
Returning to the OP topic: Sharing isn’t something I personally do. For me it’s not a thrill nor a kick. The right partner always scratches my itches mentally and physically. For some it is a thrill to enjoy new bodies, whether as a Dominant or a submissive. Some submissives may have a fantasy about serving more than one Dominant. For some it’s a thrill to exert the level of control to send their submissive to please another person - a power play as part of the total power exchange. I’m guessing from a social aspect, it’s a thrill to show their peers they can share their submissive. There are a ton more reasons why people might share as a personal or kink thing, to include personal emotional and physical rewards. But . . . Not my thang! I know who I am. Not that it might not be a fantasy or roleplay for the evening . . . Hmmm. . . But the elder mind in me considers more than the initial thrill, it also considers the pitfalls and emotional impact for both myself and my dynamic partner.

Literate Lycan,

At the end of the day, this is a kink that either both sides of the slash must be on board with. Bc at the end of the day it's supposed to be fun, a challenge for someone, a

*But the elder mind in me considers more than the initial thrill, it also considers the pitfalls and emotional impact for both myself and my dynamic partner.*

I'm not sure if by this statement, you are trying to set up an excuse for why a Dom could make a mistake in this particular kink arena?

Would that be a fair depiction of your statement?
Sasa​(dom female)
9 months ago • Jul 21, 2023
Sasa​(dom female) • Jul 21, 2023
In my case, I don't share. It wouldn't turn me on. It is all mine 😉 But I helped out if that falls under "sharing" for you. That is not an easy question cause there are situations that I wouldn't call sharing.
Literate Lycan​(dom male)
9 months ago • Jul 22, 2023
Literate Lycan​(dom male) • Jul 22, 2023
I'mME wrote:

I'm not sure if by this statement, you are trying to set up an excuse for why a Dom could make a mistake in this particular kink arena?

Good morning I'mME and all,

No. My statement was specific to me. I consider pitfalls that would disrupt "my" dynamic. I've seen other couples go the route where the Dominant gets another to play with or has the submissive submit to other players and it is disruptive or often deadly to the relationship. You are absolutely correct, it must be consensual between the couple - as well as the new entity or entities who join in the play or the fun or what have you - understanding the limits of the interactions.

But the elder mind in me doesn't just see the initial fascination with "sex". It also considers ramifications - such as possibly an abusive situation. If anything, I'm arguing a Dominant (and submissive as part of the team) should consider heavily all prospective pitfalls prior to stepping into this particular kink. No excuses should exist. If I "lent my submissive out to someone" and they came back damaged, that is entirely on me. So it won't happen.

This is a huge difference between couples swinging or someone being into gang bangs in my opinion. But again, just my perspective and my opinion.

Live the best life ever!
LL
I'mME
I'mME • Jul 22, 2023
Literate Lycan wrote:
I'mME wrote:

No. My statement was specific to me. I consider pitfalls that would disrupt "my" dynamic. I've seen other couples go the route where the Dominant gets another to play with or has the submissive submit to other players and it is disruptive or often deadly to the relationship. You are absolutely correct, it must be consensual between the couple - as well as the new entity or entities who join in the play or the fun or what have you - understanding the limits of the interactions.

But the elder mind in me doesn't just see the initial fascination with "sex". It also considers ramifications - such as possibly an abusive situation. If anything, I'm arguing a Dominant (and submissive as part of the team) should consider heavily all prospective pitfalls prior to stepping into this particular kink. No excuses should exist. If I "lent my submissive out to someone" and they came back damaged, that is entirely on me. So it won't happen.

This is a huge difference between couples swinging or someone being into gang bangs in my opinion. But again, just my perspective and my opinion.

Live the best life ever!
LL

Thank you. Perhaps I did not word my question correctly, I appreciated your answer. I realize now that you may have felt I was putting you down.

I was not intending to do that, I should have said being Dom in this situation (and age) really have not a thing to do with it.

I appreciate you have maturity, but again if one is the Dom (the very nature of having the authority and final say is not dependent upon age.

I hope you see that I wasn't trying to throw you under the bus which is why I asked a question.

I understand seasoning comes along with experience, and MOST of the time I would say Dom and Sub are going to both have some responsibility in situations.

Have a good day.
I'mME
I'mME • Jul 22, 2023
Literate Lycan wrote:
I'mME wrote:

Live the best life ever!
LL

Thank you. Perhaps I did not word my question correctly, I appreciated your answer. I realize now that you may have felt I was putting you down.

I was not intending to do that, I should have said being Dom in this situation (and age) really have not a thing to do with it.

I appreciate you have maturity, but again if one is the Dom (the very nature of having the authority and final say is not dependent upon age.

I hope you see that I wasn't trying to throw you under the bus which is why I asked a question.

I understand seasoning comes along with experience, and MOST of the time I would say Dom and Sub are going to both have some responsibility in situations.

Have a good day.

I forgot to comment on this. I agree swinging and gang bangs are different.

I believe if it is arranged for a sub to be shared, the Dom has an obligation to be on hand at the physical location or how else can they do their best to protect their sub.

Nonya