Activity

I'mME
6 months ago • Oct 29, 2023

Re: Activity

I'mME • Oct 29, 2023
[quote="LordofPain56"][quote="I'mME"]
Sololoquy wrote:
SnowMinx wrote:
You can ask a question that has already been a topic in the forums. There is no rules about that.

I did not know they kept forum threads active only so long. I belong to an antique Ford car forum that allows users to type in some keywords in a search box. It pops up all the previous theads on that topic down thru the ages.
But in the absence of that feature, I know of no one here that would raise a stink over a topic being presented that had been previously discussed a couple years ago. I've seen topics brought up that have been discussed before and they received wide participation the second time around, to all our benefit.

LordofPain,
If no one comments on a forum , they close it at 12 months. I don't know if a comment starts the clock over or ?
I have seen where a Cager told the site to close a forum.
LordofPain56
6 months ago • Oct 29, 2023

LordofPain56 • Oct 29, 2023
I'mME wrote:
LordofPain, If no one comments on a forum , they close it at 12 months. I don't know if a comment starts the clock over or ?

Okay but those archived forum topics are sitting in a server somewhere, right? So, if the webmaster decided to add a topic "search" feature, people could call those up out of mothballs to read. The reader could still add a new topic customized to any additional questions he has about the topic, but he'd be armed with all the previous information from the old. Just because information is old does not mean it is no longer valid.
All ye may petition the webmaster here to get on this if you wish.
Notely
6 months ago • Oct 31, 2023
Notely • Oct 31, 2023
✨ ❄️✨ ❄️✨ ❄️✨ ❄️✨ ❄️✨ ❄️✨ ❄️✨ ❄️✨ ❄️✨ ❄️✨ ❄️✨ ❄️✨ ❄️✨ ❄️✨ ❄️✨ ❄️✨ ❄️✨ ❄️✨ ❄️✨ ❄️✨ ❄️✨ ❄️✨

Well Oct is almost over. People are doing their holiday things and putting up stuff and holiday shopping done and work day's with family and friends old weather is here so people are bundling up getting out winter and christmas stuff. We do get busy, everyone from different places give it time. After long day cage good place to be.

Create life to make life conversation starter as you are as you do have good personality I seen your profile. Use your own imagination , intuition , visualization. Have a routine of leisure time and invest in life. Write , read , follow people, admire and take photos if you don't you link on gyazo on a blog. The site is very economically affordable. Might be a smaller site but has grown over time but it weeds out things many of us do come out of the shadow's we are here. Call it little, Italy takes a bit of patience. Many are a bit older and younger from all over the world. We all act a bit of an older crowd , we are kind, some are shy and will come out of their shell. I have been here 5 years. I am not on everyday but I do come on a few times a week. I love to read people's blogs and forums. Make some friends, some good laughs along the way even if it's private or in the blogs and forums or chat also the bond chat. What do you look forward to in the new year? Do you have any goals, dreams or visions ? find a fun game you can add to the forum people can play along or in a blog. The lifestyle is about bonding, making friends and exchange of energy, sharing experiences and ideas. We may not be the same but have our own story but we are in the same boat. Once you get to know people you can do other things even off site and still stay here.

I have been preparing to put a lot of the plans I have in the garden into the basement garden. A cold front has come and we may have snow soon.
People have been taking care of things and have to put stuff away inside to do the cold that many will be inside most of the time but still get fresh air.
Winter the glitter in the snow.
Getting out your fuzzy clothes and fuzzy blankets and building a fire staying warm having hot coco.

Cozy Winter Ambience for Reading with a Fireplace, Snowfall and Blizzard Sounds
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5_NgwbEs4JE

✨ ❄️✨ ❄️✨ ❄️✨ ❄️✨ ❄️✨ ❄️✨ ❄️✨ ❄️✨ ❄️✨ ❄️✨ ❄️✨ ❄️✨ ❄️✨ ❄️✨ ❄️✨ ❄️✨ ❄️✨ ❄️✨ ❄️✨ ❄️✨ ❄️✨ ❄️✨
Miki
6 months ago • Oct 31, 2023

Miki • Oct 31, 2023
LordofPain56 wrote:
I'mME wrote:
LordofPain, If no one comments on a forum , they close it at 12 months. I don't know if a comment starts the clock over or ?

Okay but those archived forum topics are sitting in a server somewhere, right? So, if the webmaster decided to add a topic "search" feature, people could call those up out of mothballs to read. The reader could still add a new topic customized to any additional questions he has about the topic, but he'd be armed with all the previous information from the old. Just because information is old does not mean it is no longer valid.
All ye may petition the webmaster here to get on this if you wish.

Out of an abundance of curiousity I went to my profile, to the "Posts" button at the bottom above "Edit", went to the last page ( = oldest) and clicked on the thread that contained my very first post and at the end it said it was "inactive for 12 months" and closed. From that I can hazard a guess that any post within 12 months of the most recent one restarts the clock.

Strange, the thread header was "Pain" and over the years I noticed that topic appear in a lot of threads so of course the oldest one, being redundant, gets ignored, reaches 12 months and gets closed.

I believe a thread can be closed at the request of the O P . Also, a few years back I started a thread, the only one I ever started, which was New Years-themed and no one posted to it.

By and by New years was over so I asked the admins to just zap the thread as it became swiftly obsolete and they did, so it follows an O P can have a thread closed or can have it deleted, provided (I guess) there isn't any engaging back-and-forth on it. In that end the thread is more a community thing and an O P wouldn't be correct to have it closed or deleted.
In the event a thread becomes toxic...

(In here? No way!!) XD

they will lock it.