Online now
Online now

Am I wrong for setting an age limit?

silentnotes​(sub female){Looking }
5 months ago • Nov 4, 2023

Am I wrong for setting an age limit?

I have posted an ad which can be seen on my profile, in which I state that I am looking, but I set an age limit. I understand that I'm limiting myself with that and that there are a lot of people I should be careful around with the limit I set. I set the limit because of my own comfort.
Recently I have been getting messages that I shouldn't be doing that or that I will draw in the wrong people and I am starting to question if it was a mistake or if I jst should stop looking until I am comfortable with people that aren't in that age group.

I kind of feel a bit lost about what I should do or how I should deal with those kind of responses, the obvious would be to ignore it but it's starting to get to me a bit.
TopekaDom​(dom male)
TopekaDom​(dom male) • Nov 4, 2023
There isn't any reason not to set an age limit. I have one of my own, but I just don't advertise it. I think telling people they are outside it from the get go means they are going to simply complain because they are already getting cut off.

Stick to it.
Lovingly Strict​(dom female)
That's just old men being upset over something so stupid.

Everyone is allowed to have an age limit of whatever they like and are comfortable with.

I doubt a 55 year old man will have much in common with a 20 year old girl.
Sincorrigible​(sub female)
Lovingly Strict wrote:
That's just old men being upset over something so stupid.

Everyone is allowed to have an age limit of whatever they like and are comfortable with.

I doubt a 55 year old man will have much in common with a 20 year old girl.

And yet still, they seek them out. For some reason, it just squicks me.
TwinkleEyes
TwinkleEyes • Nov 4, 2023
To me it’s a red flag is someone doesn’t want to respect your boundaries from the get go. Respecting your own boundaries must come first. Trusting yourself must come first. It’s okay to say no. Fyglia is correct anyone who doesn’t respect your boundaries isn’t worth your time.

I would count yourself lucky that they aren’t in your age specification 😊
EgyMaster​(dom male)
EgyMaster​(dom male) • Nov 4, 2023
ofc not, having your own thing is only your thing, not others to decide.
you're free to set an age gap
let anyone who doesn't respect this keep yelling and don't give them the attention they seek because they're not wanted
Bunnie
5 months ago • Nov 5, 2023
Bunnie • Nov 5, 2023
“Am I wrong for setting an age limit?”

No.

And if someone is trying to persuade you otherwise, it kind of begs the question… what other boundaries are they not going to respect?
    The most loved post in topic