Online now
Online now

Thanksgiving

TopekaDom​(dom male)
6 months ago • Nov 22, 2023
TopekaDom​(dom male) • Nov 22, 2023
lambsone wrote:
TopekaDom wrote:
"Luckily for me, I don't base my holiday on some dead radio host, who the world is better off without."

As sick as I am, I have to say that this comment was TOTALLY inappropriate. Stop criticizing others comments when they don't align with your thinking.

I think we need some serious Dom training here! Now where did I put my electric paddle?

I get to express my views as much as he does.
lambsone
lambsone • Nov 22, 2023
I'll pm you.
Sweetlydepraved​(masochist female){Owned}
I’m making mashed potato casserole, deviled eggs, chicken and dressing, baked mac and cheese, a pecan pie, a coconut cake, and a ham. Enough for 12 people. I do the majority of the cooking because my family are terrible cooks πŸ˜‚ I do similar for Christmas dinner except with a standing rib roast. That’s always a hit!
meowineedhelp​(sadist trans man)
This thanksgiving feels a lot like Christmas - mainly cuz I just uncovered that I'm mentally fucked forever.

A gift from God himself.

Let see, what am I going to cook? Korean fried chicken, roasted potatoes, glazed carrots and a cucumber salad... and some alcohol drinks for my alcoholic friends.

Cheers to all! icon_biggrin.gif
Miki
Miki • Nov 22, 2023
TopekaDom wrote:
lambsone wrote:
TopekaDom wrote:
"Luckily for me, I don't base my holiday on some dead radio host, who the world is better off without."

As sick as I am, I have to say that this comment was TOTALLY inappropriate. Stop criticizing others comments when they don't align with your thinking.

I think we need some serious Dom training here! Now where did I put my electric paddle?

I get to express my views as much as he does.

Actually... controversial or not, he's right. Fortunately, I'm "blessed" in that as one who is as deaf as a board, a radio is as useful to me as tits on a bull.

(From someone who bought a late model used car that happens to have a freakin' top of the line Bose sound system installed by original owner.)

------------------------

Well when someone is riding with me it makes them happy anyway.
Miki
6 months ago • Nov 23, 2023
Miki • Nov 23, 2023
After further review...

It's likely I shouldn't have stepped into this hot mess.

This is a thread about Thanksgiving.

I merely intended to point out that although the opinion was not well-placed, , everyone has a right to voice one.

Now to "qualify"-- Media personalities on both sides of the aisle make their hay on saying or writing things to incense those who do not agree with them.

I have no opinion on the referenced radio host otherwise. In fact I am never influenced by mouths on either side. When I evaluate an individual be it a candidate or or just Joe Schmoe on the street I do not go by words so much as deeds.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Hoping this thread returns to what it was meant to be, how people do Thanksgiving (or not) and if so, the various traditions endure.
SageFlame​(sub female)
SageFlame​(sub female) • Nov 23, 2023
Like others, holidays bring memories. Growing up my mother put on a formal spread and we had family over. Every year the same routine was followed. It was tradition for my sisters and I to oh-so-carefully wash the china days beforehand. We also helped buff the hard wood flooring for the season. The story of our great grandmother was told as it was Her wedding china we used for Thanksgiving. We woke late according to some because our gathering was in the evening with candlelight. Around noon, I sat on the kitchen stool folding napkins in funny shapes while watching my mother prep for dinner. With buttered hands she would spank the turkey, firm pats I would call them. The way she produced a beautiful meal every year is much like a conductor inspiring music. As we waited for father to arrive home my grandfather would quiz us on our German and provide us with engaging brain puzzles. It was dark when father arrived with the pies from the bakery. Then we could finally eat! It was a typical Norman Rockwell presentation. After we were stuffed to the brim the dishes were washed and the table was readied for a night of card games; Tripoley usually. I recall most intently trying to figure out what a poker face was by watching their eyes. It was a mystery to me. I can still hear my Uncles voice. He provided the intellectual stimulation with a dry sense of humor. He also gave piggy back rides ( when we were young). He was a welcome boisterous presence and the opposite of my father who was mild mannered.

With a house full of daughters, there was much drama in the house most of the time. But when holidays came, somehow my mother's magic fairy dust created a space for calm engaging togetherness.

This year, with family scattered to the four corners of the globe, I am going to be out in nature, hiking. A new tradition. But that will change if I ever have any grandchildren in the future. I will channel my mother and quiz the kids on their Spanish.
SnowMinx​(sub female)
SnowMinx​(sub female) • Nov 23, 2023
No fighting in my thanksgiving thread or spankings for everyone! Lol

Everyones meal sounds amazing. Now whose house should i visit for dinner πŸ‘€ lol
DoseofCam​(sub female){Owned}
My family isn't big on traditions, so we do something different for Thanksgiving every year. It looks like this year, we will be eating out and then going to the movies! Although one thing we DO that stays the same is at the end of the night, we sit down happy with our food babies, say what we are thankful for, and pick a person we are MOST grateful for, which is pretty cute.
Miki
Miki • Nov 23, 2023
SnowMinx wrote:
No fighting in my thanksgiving thread or spankings for everyone! Lol

Everyones meal sounds amazing. Now whose house should i visit for dinner πŸ‘€ lol

Hmm... incentive to pick a fight. Thanks!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

@doseofScram- Well, whether a family or even a group eat at home or eat out, it's still a day to set aside the business of a weekday and relax.

Going out to eat a dinner works especially well for a small group or a single person, but can work for anyone. Might cost more than making the stuff at home but consider the non-kitchen time, both prepping and cooking and of course the cleanup which, considering what a mess roasting pans and racks are along with everything else--- cleaning up is a pain in the ass when all anyone wants to do is relax.

We're doing Thanx at home but there are 5 of us and I always shove the cleanup onto my older sister. I write on the board words that pile on the creamy, well-seasoned bullshit (flattery), how important cleanup is, how valuable she is to have over for holidays and it usually works.

Whatever she mutters under her breath-- well I can't hear it anyway.