Ingredients

🍵 1 tablespoon dried white peony (Paeonia lactiflora) root
🍵 1 tablespoon dried shatavari (Asparagus racemosus) root
🍵 3-5 dried rose (Rosa spp.) buds
🍵 2 cups water
🍵 Cashew or coconut milk
🍵 Raw honey to taste

Directions

Add the water, peony root, and shatavari root to a small pot and place on the stove over high heat. Bring the mixture to a boil then cover with a lid, reduce the heat to low, and simmer for about 40 minutes.
Turn off the stove and remove the pot from the hot burner. Immediately add the rose buds to the pot of tea and cover with the lid. Allow the rose buds to infuse for about 5 minutes.
Strain all of the herbs from the tea and pour into a heat-safe container. Add a splash of cashew or coconut milk and raw honey to taste (depending on how sweet you like your tea to taste).
Relax, sip, and feel nourished.
LordofPain56
5 months ago • Nov 27, 2023
LordofPain56 • Nov 27, 2023
Well, honestly, if you were here to serve it to me, I would drink it just because you took the effort to do it for me. Otherwise, I already have the garden variety green teas in the china-cabinet that I haven't touched in years. Not that it's bad, but it's more trouble for me to go thru just for myself. I perk a pot of the cheapest decaf coffee in the morning and drink it all day long. Good enough for just me.
But get this: I just made a crazy new dish out of chicken-rice soup that I think you would love:
1/2 can of Campbells chicken rice soup, one heaping tablespoon leftover mashed potatoes, about two teaspoons full of diced carrots, two crumpled up Ritz round crackers and a sprinkle of parsely flakes. Bring to a boil in a saucepan, stir occasionally. I served it with a hot brown-n-serve roll. It was excellent. Saved the other half can in a container with lid in the fridge for use later in the week. This could be done using chicken-noodle soup too.
    The most loved post in topic
lambsone
lambsone • Nov 27, 2023
I just thought that the Goddesses of the group would like the tea recipe. It popped up on my FB feed so I thought I'd share it.

Your recipe sounds interesting. I often experiment with food too, but mostly because of what's available in the pantry.
Miki
Miki • Nov 27, 2023
lambsone wrote:
I just thought that the Goddesses of the group would like the tea recipe. It popped up on my FB feed so I thought I'd share it.

Your recipe sounds interesting. I often experiment with food too, but mostly because of what's available in the pantry.

Stuff in the pantry / cabinet is always interesting, well except the items in the far reaches of the place.

Anyone with crappy eyes should always sport the spectacles, lest they grab, open, and get creative with that can of cat food that's still around , even though the cat keeled over 3 years ago.