4 months ago • Dec 25, 2023
Heero​(dom male) • Dec 25, 2023
dollMaker wrote:
No
**mic drop**
SnowMinx​(sub female){Owned}
Heero wrote:
And yes, the irony isn't lost on me that I just wrote a bunch of paragraphs to say something I probably could have said with two high quality sentences. Luckily for me, I'm not trying to date any of you šŸ¤£.

Lol this made me laugh šŸ˜…šŸ˜…
mythical beast​(sub male)
mythical beast​(sub male) • Dec 25, 2023
I write things that I feel sincerely, in the best way I know how, and save that in a Google Docs document. They're usually short paragraphs, of my inner desires as best I can express them.

THEN, I can cut and paste parts from that document. I mean what I say. It isn't disrespectful; quite the opposite, since I've taken time to be as thorough as I know how.

And why?

Arthritis.
DoseofCam​(sub female){Owned}
Depends, if itā€™s a question that I have been asked before and perfected that response I would paste it.
Although Iā€™m pretty forgetful so I would most likely forget I copied something and put it somewhere to ā€œuse laterā€ lol

I usually like starting each convo with something I found interesting, funny, cute, etc in their profile and just go from there.
milla​(sub female)
milla​(sub female) • Dec 25, 2023
I donā€™t do it myself, as I only reach out to people if something they have written speaks to me or make me wonder in some way. And I donā€™t respond to messages thatā€™s not a start of a conversation in some way, as I donā€™t think it will become a conversation worth having. Perhaps thatā€™s my prejudice though.

That being said, I guess that if youā€™re looking to find someone online its more efficient having a pre-written and thought out way to introduce yourself and what youā€™re looking for, ready to send when you come across someone you might think is compatible.
What the communication becomes after that canā€™t be scripted, so I canā€™t really see it as insincere.
Nitrev​(dom male)
4 months ago • Dec 26, 2023
Nitrev​(dom male) • Dec 26, 2023
Eh. What constitutes copy paste? A word for word generic prompt ctrl+C/ctrl+V to every person? Some sites do offer features like that such as mass email 'icebreakers' to promote your profile. What about templating, where you use a recurring prompt but change around some words for the specific person? I think that depends on how focused it is too.

For me I think it really depends on what is there that I can make a conversation out of. I already don't message a lot of people, but for the ones I have I've felt a keen interest and put in the effort to show I read their profile and think we may match. You can't well template what about someone's profile interests you because everyone has their own niches that garner attraction/interest, and everyone has a different prose for conveying it in their profile. To respond with something generic would feel impersonal to somebody you're trying to woo, and they'd probably catch it right away. We all know when you haven't read the profile first. For people that show an interest in me, like liking my profile, it's a great way to increase their visibility as well, but if there's no content on their profile, is it copy paste/templating to ask them the same question about what interests they had in me? Personally, I don't think it is to ask the same question, and if there's no information to go off, there's nothing else to really say, and I just don't message profiles with no information unless it is a reply to their initial contact.

IronWorld wrote:

The only way any rational man could hold onto any level of self worth is to cast as wide a net as possible to as many potential candidates as possible.

This is unhinged lol reciprocity is important, and how is casting a wide net retaining self worth
SnowMinx​(sub female){Owned}
Nitrev wrote:
Eh. What constitutes copy paste? A word for word generic prompt ctrl+C/ctrl+V to every person? Some sites do offer features like that such as mass email 'icebreakers' to promote your profile. What about templating, where you use a recurring prompt but change around some words for the specific person? I think that depends on how focused it is too.

For me I think it really depends on what is there that I can make a conversation out of. I already don't message a lot of people, but for the ones I have I've felt a keen interest and put in the effort to show I read their profile and think we may match. You can't well template what about someone's profile interests you because everyone has their own niches that garner attraction/interest, and everyone has a different prose for conveying it in their profile. To respond with something generic would feel impersonal to somebody you're trying to woo, and they'd probably catch it right away. We all know when you haven't read the profile first. For people that show an interest in me, like liking my profile, it's a great way to increase their visibility as well, but if there's no content on their profile, is it copy paste/templating to ask them the same question about what interests they had in me? Personally, I don't think it is to ask the same question, and if there's no information to go off, there's nothing else to really say, and I just don't message profiles with no information unless it is a reply to their initial contact.

IronWorld wrote:

The only way any rational man could hold onto any level of self worth is to cast as wide a net as possible to as many potential candidates as possible.

This is unhinged lol reciprocity is important, and how is casting a wide net retaining self worth

Im actually so pleased that more people posted here. And that not everyone disagrees with being original and putting in effort. icon_smile.gif
Heero​(dom male)
Heero​(dom male) • Dec 26, 2023
SnowMinx wrote:
Im actually so pleased that more people posted here. And that not everyone disagrees with being original and putting in effort. icon_smile.gif
Outside of fundamental tenets, like SSC, you'll be hard pressed to find something on which everyone is exclusively for or against. There are many different flavors and approaches to the lifestyle, and many different kinds of people that participate in it. A big pull of the lifestyle is pushing back on the traditional after all. The variety and freedom of kink is why we're all here. Even views that seem similar on the surface can have significant variations when applied by each person and dynamic. And there is very rarely any one way that works for everyone.

It's nice seeing how different people approach things. I would hesitate to say one approach is better than another. It depends on the person(s) involved, their strengths/weaknesses, what they want to achieve, and how efficient they'd like to be. And sometimes, one can mix approaches, so it's nice to see all the different schools of thought out there.
Sincorrigible​(sub female)
Sincorrigible​(sub female) • Dec 26, 2023
Nitrev wrote:

IronWorld wrote:

Your question re ironworld's comment... I don't think it's unhinged. It is perfectly rational to do so. To achieve the goal of obtaining a mate. The self worth comment confuses the matter. And is, in my opinion, often where things collapse when one takes that stance. It can become about ego and entitlement. And girls certainly don't want to feel that they are being wooed 'rationally'. Again that hideous generic /specific thing.
darlingdiana​(sub female){Protected }
Nitrev wrote:

IronWorld wrote:

I think You have 3 subs (so far) total gratitude and respect. SUCH a refreshing post. LOVE LOVE it!