Online now
Online now

Addressing Other Master/Dommes

Literate Lycan​(dom male)
2 months ago • Feb 1, 2024
Literate Lycan​(dom male) • Feb 1, 2024
I'mME wrote:
[

This isn't the military, secondly, commissioned regarding the military meant/means they paid for for their rank. Usually associated with wealthy families.

Good morning. I'll confess I think I'm a tad confused with your comment regarding commissioning in the military. Perhaps a few hundred years ago during the infancy of the military, it was common to procure your advancements through family wealth, but not since the conscription of a professional military have we allowed rank to be purchased. It is quite literally earned. And with the development of the War Colleges, advancements have been highly scrutinized for proficiency.

Many born into poverty or tight financial status have entered the military to advance their position in life, often gaining education and then submitting paperwork to advance from enlisted to officer status. Or gaining acceptance into a military academy and then commissioning, paying back their education. At my commissioning, I owed 8 years of my life in return, double the years I went to school. I stayed in as a professional until I retired. But I earned my rank each and every time I promoted. My family was not involved.

Wealthy families do no pay for their children to become officers. If anything, wealthy families pay politicians to keep their children from service (occasionally). I myself earned my rank and my promotions through years of toil, service and occasionally blood.

That being said, having rank anywhere else doesn't transfer to situations outside that order. So if you're not military, you don't have to call anyone by their rank or title, unless you respect them and feel inclined. But calling them by their Rank or Title does not necessitate a D/s relationship or submission. It's simply respect for something they may have earned. I ofter refer to retired members as Admiral or General - but can also easily call them by their first name. That also includes members of a leather community or whatnot. If I'm not a member of that community, I don't know who is who in the zoo - so I'll be polite, but it isn't my place to call someone the Grand High Master of all things. I'll just call them Bob.

Sorry for the ramble. Have a brilliant day!
LL
dollMaker​(dom male)
dollMaker​(dom male) • Feb 1, 2024
Literate Lycan wrote:
I'mME wrote:
[

This isn't the military, secondly, commissioned regarding the military meant/means they paid for for their rank. Usually associated with wealthy families.

Good morning. I'll confess I think I'm a tad confused with your comment regarding commissioning in the military. Perhaps a few hundred years ago during the infancy of the military, it was common to procure your advancements through family wealth, but not since the conscription of a professional military have we allowed rank to be purchased. It is quite literally earned. And with the development of the War Colleges, advancements have been highly scrutinized for proficiency.

Many born into poverty or tight financial status have entered the military to advance their position in life, often gaining education and then submitting paperwork to advance from enlisted to officer status. Or gaining acceptance into a military academy and then commissioning, paying back their education. At my commissioning, I owed 8 years of my life in return, double the years I went to school. I stayed in as a professional until I retired. But I earned my rank each and every time I promoted. My family was not involved.

Wealthy families do no pay for their children to become officers. If anything, wealthy families pay politicians to keep their children from service (occasionally). I myself earned my rank and my promotions through years of toil, service and occasionally blood.

That being said, having rank anywhere else doesn't transfer to situations outside that order. So if you're not military, you don't have to call anyone by their rank or title, unless you respect them and feel inclined. But calling them by their Rank or Title does not necessitate a D/s relationship or submission. It's simply respect for something they may have earned. I ofter refer to retired members as Admiral or General - but can also easily call them by their first name. That also includes members of a leather community or whatnot. If I'm not a member of that community, I don't know who is who in the zoo - so I'll be polite, but it isn't my place to call someone the Grand High Master of all things. I'll just call them Bob.

LL

Fantastically well said.
TopekaDom​(dom male)
TopekaDom​(dom male) • Feb 1, 2024
And since this thread has picked up some steam, I thought I I would add this tid bit:

I don't require anyone to call me Sir.

However,

If they don't, then I am not doing something right. I have not inspired confidence in them and it is my fault
SnowMinx​(sub female){Owned}
TopekaDom wrote:
And since this thread has picked up some steam, I thought I I would add this tid bit:

I don't require anyone to call me Sir.

However,

If they don't, then I am not doing something right. I have not inspired confidence in them and it is my fault

@ TopekaDom
You mean someone with whom you are ina dynamic with? Or strangers? 😵💫
Sir Don​(dom male)
2 months ago • Feb 2, 2024
Sir Don​(dom male) • Feb 2, 2024
Hello and as others before have stated a simple Hello should do the trick.
As L L state. As is the case with my nickname, since I am not your Dom or Sir I would accept Don (not an invitation) . I believe the Sir, Master should be held off until said warrants the proper title ,whether one earned it or self appointed.
Thank you asking a very relevant question.
TopekaDom​(dom male)
TopekaDom​(dom male) • Feb 2, 2024
SnowMinx wrote:
@ TopekaDom
You mean someone with whom you are ina dynamic with? Or strangers? 😵💫

Yes.
I'mME
I'mME • Feb 2, 2024
Literate Lycan wrote:
I'mME wrote:
[

LL

I was not referring to American military.
I am not going to belabor moot point .
I'mME
I'mME • Feb 2, 2024
ribbonbaby wrote:
I believe, I'mME,
That what she was saying is that her entire life IS military service. Meaning the habit of calling people by Sir and Ma'am has been so ingrained in her that it is second nature. And, there are plenty of people I know who use Sir and Ma'am as a sign of respect in everyday life.

ribbonbaby,

This is a BDSM platform and my question and comment were coming from the OP's question through the thread of comments. The phrase 'active service' is one that submissives use all the time. At no point did she write that she was in the military. It was 'active service' and the ingrained use of Sir, then a paragraph, likening the Cage dominants to commissioned officers.
To address the second part of your comment, the topic and forum question was concerning the use of Sir, Ma'am, in the BDSM world.
That is how directed my comment. I NEVER said I don't use Ma'am or Sir in my life. I was born and raised in the South, the use of these words along with please, thank you, you are welcome, etc were ingrained in me from the time I could talk.
In the BDSM world, the term Sir, or anything else along those lines is EARNED.

Therefore, I am not sure why you felt compelled to tell me that you know plenty of people who use Sir and Ma'am.