Online now
Online now

Initialism

Literate Lycan​(dom male)
3 months ago • Feb 9, 2024
Literate Lycan​(dom male) • Feb 9, 2024
First, lambsone - I concur with you. I didn't respond to your question because I felt it appropriate to allow those who identify to respond. Sometimes people in our community forget asking here is much better than googling. They forget civility. Or maybe they are drunk.

We've had terms to cover most of the lifestyle options forever; however, there seems to be a trend to create new and innovative terms for each and every particular individual who views their choice as unique and different. I can respect choices, but seriously keeping up with new terms that occur almost weekly (or faster) is stupid.

Second, and just a personal rant, try to deal internationally with a language barrier and introduce an individual as "They" or "Them" and I guarantee it causes a problem when the foreign partners are wondering where the rest of the "They or them" are. Thankfully, I won't do that.

I will now go burn in hell! Or pour myself a beverage of the alcoholic type.
lambsone
lambsone • Feb 9, 2024
You're too funny LL.
I'mME
I'mME • Feb 9, 2024
Scarlett Sophie wrote:
What an interesting topic, thanks for getting the conversation rolling House Talion!

I agree with ImME - labeling is a tool that I feel society relies too heavily on in order to feel comfortable. A great example of this is seen in the LGBTQ+ acronym. What started as a simple term for not-straight, not-cis folks (LGBT) slowly morphed as more people yearned for inclusion. Q was added for the Queers and Questioning. I for Intersex people, 2 soon after to represent indigenous two-spirit folks. If you look up the whole acronym now, it goes on for a while. And even so, not everyone is represented because the way a human being can identify, feel desire, etc, is unending and ever-changing.

I fully understand the urge to label - when there’s something you don’t understand, it’s our instinct to try and make sense of it. Put it in a category, find the right sized box. But in so many ways, you end up just limiting what is truly there.

As for a categorized-labeling-acronym system for who a person is and what they are searching for, you might as well start a new language. In no way am I saying that it’s wrong to want clarity, but maybe we all just need to communicate our wants more clearly. For example, I’m a non-binary sub queer looking for other queers, irregardless of genitalia so hit me up if that’s you icon_wink.gif

Looking forward to seeing how this conversation progresses!!

Scarlett Sophie,

Lol, I understood your explanation and what you desire.

WONDERFUL.
THANKS for helping further my sometimes too wordy label thoughts.

😉
sexycurves​(switch female)
3 months ago • Feb 10, 2024
sexycurves​(switch female) • Feb 10, 2024
In response to the OP, I think it's going to be very difficult to come up with acronyms for all the different genders, sexualities and so on.

There's a risk, I think, of there being too many and people who are discovering themselves might feel the pressure to figure out which one they are. This leading to confusion and anxiety of not fitting in etc.

In response to other comments, I agree that it would be great to have a conversation with people and understand them. Unfortunately, for a lot of people, these conversations turned out badly in one way or another, so making them more reluctant to engage.

Of course, there's always Google. Perhaps, use Google for the definitions and then phrasing your question clearly is one way to get a wholesome conversation.

There will be people who, despite knowing the definitions and having had the conversation, will struggle to accept the diversity of people.

It's so easy to misinterpret the intention of text in comments and things like that, obviously because there's no tone apart from the use of the language.