Online now
Online now

Question For The Alphas Out There

MadPoet
1 month ago • Mar 17, 2024
MadPoet • Mar 17, 2024
KissMeAndOwnMe wrote:
I think this thread really does need to be locked... this is just.... I have no words. This is painful to read and not the good kind of pain.

Agree is so ridiculous reading grown ass people unable to have a decent dialogue, it’s a shame and a total failure in the supposed purpose of the site.
I'mME
I'mME • Mar 17, 2024
KissMeAndOwnMe wrote:
I think this thread really does need to be locked... this is just.... I have no words. This is painful to read and not the good kind of pain.

Why ? Because it makes you uncomfortable. This person IS THE PROBLEM. So why not address specifics, instead of speaking in generalities.
People such as MadPoet, are just what I wrote, no ifs, ands, or buts.

Life is uncomfortable sometimes unless one is leading a charmed life.

And there are people such as myself that stand up and speak out. It's part of who I am. This world needs people like us walking about.

To suggest that a thread needs to be shut down is to try and SILENCE individuals.

That is never okay. EVER.
MadPoet
MadPoet • Mar 17, 2024
I'mME wrote:
KissMeAndOwnMe wrote:

Why ? Because it makes you uncomfortable. This person IS THE PROBLEM. So why not address specifics, instead of speaking in generalities.

And there are people such as myself that stand up and speak out. It's part of who I am. This world needs people like us walking about.

To suggest that a thread needs to be shut down is to try and SILENCE individuals.

Yet you still can’t admit being wrong about what I said, funny how you’re not even honest but want to call me a problem. This hilarious
LilSugarFairy​(sub female)
LilSugarFairy​(sub female) • Mar 17, 2024
I'mME wrote:
KissMeAndOwnMe wrote:

The lack of self awareness is unreal. You just like to argue to argue? Wanna pull me into this now too? Okay, let's go. First off, you aren't on topic and instead you want to argue to be right instead of being courteous. I don't give a flying ace spade what someone said to you and if it got your panties in a twist. You want to continue this monstrosity because why? It makes you feel better to argue with someone? This thread is TOXIC, that's why it should be closed and YOU are part of the problem that toxicity and I don't even care who is right and who is wrong. Go bicker with MadPoet in a private message instead of forcing everyone to read your rantings.

Now, that's all I'm going to say on the subject. You want to reply, I won't. Because unlike you, I would have liked this thread to actually be of help to someone that maybe would want to read it down the road instead of the absolute shit show it has turned into. So yes, it bloody deserves to be locked if people can't act like considerate individuals and have an adult conversation that isn't oozing with self entitlement or toxic behavior.
MadPoet
MadPoet • Mar 17, 2024
Sir Don wrote:
@ MadPoet
This not about me at all ,
What is the original question that this feed is about?
Reread the question until you understand it .
Now I am not going to entertain anything else here .because it takes away from the what it was originally asked about.
If you wish you can inbox ?? Message me if you didn't understand

I understands the question and I answered accordingly, some others are the one having serious issues with the response given and that’s clearly not my fault but just another proof of the antagonism towards anyone with a diverse opinion on the matter.

I responded to your comment because you implied something there but never answered my response with clarity, now instead of having a dialogue as an adult (assuming you’re one) you just said that I’m barking, how is that an invitation to dialogue in any way?
lambsone
lambsone • Mar 17, 2024
Well one thing I can say for this thread, it sure is getting a lot of engagement. Is that the luck of the Irish or what?
MadPoet
MadPoet • Mar 17, 2024
Sir Don wrote:
@ MadPoet
This not about me at all ,
What is the original question that this feed is about?
Reread the question until you understand it .
Now I am not going to entertain anything else here .because it takes away from the what it was originally asked about.
If you wish you can inbox ?? Message me if you didn't understand

You blocked me from contacting you, without even admitting being offensive and totally wrong about what I said, but as I'm witnessing here is a common behaviour thinking about themselves to be exempt of being at least decent when having an adult conversation in a so called, "welcoming and open minded space", what a joke.
TwinkleEyes
TwinkleEyes • Mar 17, 2024
lambsone wrote:
Well one thing I can say for this thread, it sure is getting a lot of engagement. Is that the luck of the Irish or what?

🍻 to that.
Bunnie
Bunnie • Mar 17, 2024
Have you ever had a boss that just thrived, as a person, in their position?

Quite a few years ago I had to step into a managerial role (I know right?! Yes, it was as disastrous as you imagine lol). I knew the job well, and I knew the role well, and I managed… well. And it near killed me. I was so stressed I was dreaming about the job at night!
I’d turn up at work, brave face on, and get the job done. But it was me being someone I’m not. And I *felt* it to my bones. Unfortunately, companies don’t care about whether someone is thriving in a position… they just want results. I got results, so they were happy. But I severely wasn’t. When my boss returned to work, I quit. I was so burned out and so furious at being thrown into that.

However, it made me start to observe differently. How many people were “playing at being leaders” and how many actually naturally thrived on it? I realised that most people seem to “play at” it. And they manage. Well enough to pass. But they don’t thrive on a deep personal level. I have had maybe two bosses in my life that absolutely thrived in their role. The rest seemed… like they were kids playing dress ups. I think the functioning of a work place speaks for itself… some places just bounce with energy, and some tick along meeting what is required. That to me shows a difference between leadership that is working well, or not.

This is kind of how I see Alphas. For some people it is a natural way in which they function. And they naturally bring that energy to a space. But I do believe it’s rare.
As has been widely discussed, because it is seen as a social standing, I think there are many who use it to “dress up” or perhaps have been forced unnaturally (for them) into that role, through necessity.
Self-proclamation is usually a big “tell” for me, like that quote (by someone, somewhere)… if someone has to tell you they are, who are they trying to convince?

Sorry to jump in your thread, even though I don’t identify as an Alpha, @Lambsone. It’s something I have thought about over the years as these types of discussion have arisen, and I’ve observed my thoughts around it shift, so just wanted to share. For me it’s not gender specific, nor BDSM specific. To me it’s much along the same lines as extrovert vs introvert… for the longest time I believed I was extroverted. But I actually came to learn that I had “masked” as one because we live in a society that is geared for extroversion, so it was safer to pretend. The key “tell” for me these days, is whether I feel energised or exhausted. If I’m energised, it’s because I’m being true to myself. If I’m exhausted, it’s because I’m trying to do what I believe is expected, to fit-in.
I think with many of these things, it’s a battle of finding the balance of being true to ourselves vs “fitting-in.”
I'mME
1 month ago • Mar 18, 2024

Re: You are barking up the wrong tree

I'mME • Mar 18, 2024
Sir Don wrote:
MadPoet wrote:
Sir Don wrote:
@MadPoet
With what I seeing from your words, you are telling everyone that you are right and everyone else is wrong. Telling people that you used a word in this thread first " beta" . Perhaps you should reread this instead suggesting that someone else should. The first poster to this besides the op used it .
Just because you have your own self imposed title doesn't mean you can come on here and act like an asshat. Just because you disagree doesn't make you right.

Now @ lamdsone my apologies for this here
You have a legitimate topic for discussion.
Discussion about this are opinions. Not trying to prove a point.
Have a great evening

You should re read what I said, because you got it all wrong and that’s a common thing I see.

I don’t impose myself any titles, I leave for others who feel the need to put themselves labels and then feel offended when those labels are deconstructed by others.

If you have read the entire thread, which I doubt, you’ll find that the word beta was used first not by me as I specified, other user made the claim that only me have used that word and that’s a blatant lie and of course I don’t as going to address that statement.

Just because a you can’t read properly or understand what other people say doesn’t give you the right to call me names, so use my name or don’t talk to me at all, it’s that clear?

Actually you started the name calling, liar, and you also said beta was written all through the comment section. I was going to leave that alone but then I caught your directional order at the end of this comment so I opened the can back up.

You do not get to tell me or demand that I don't do something. You shouldn't start BS with ppl you don't know.
You should stay on the porch.