Online now
Online now

The BDSM Test: Is it Useful To You?

HuntertheYeenQueen​(dom femme){Allie Kat}
5 years ago • Jan 18, 2019
For the "popular" BDSM test, which I have the results on my profile, i take it with a grain of salt. I feel it fits more with the bedroom - bottoming and topping- than it does the lifestyle- Domming and Submitting. It claims me to be a rather high Switch, which i fully agree to be true in the bedroom, i cant deny that i enjoy some submission things in that regard. But my relationship? Not so much.

I feel it describes my sex life, not my relationship style. And even then, I've taken it several times, in several different moods, and gotten different results. Not super far off from each other, but things move around.

I feel like the tests are more for fun and /maybe/ to get a baseline, not to be serious.
Orgazmo​(dom male){serenity m}
I have all potential new subs take it as a way to see what they are looking for.

It's not the be all end all and it is not perfect.

What it does that I like is it that it puts what the taker thinks they want into a common BDSM terms that they may not even know yet.
MasterBrads painpet​(sub female){OWNED}
These test like this are fun. I don't think we should hold it to be true. Yes I took it but the numbers are crazy. Shoot I must be a bad student I did get a 100% on anything...lol

But I know what I am and will be able to tell my Dom. That's what matters.
Pushupstairs​(dom male)
5 years ago • Jan 22, 2019
Pushupstairs​(dom male) • Jan 22, 2019
As accurate and useful as which Hogwarts you belong to. Your answers are based on the result(s) that you want.
HuntertheYeenQueen​(dom femme){Allie Kat}
If you play it that way, some of us actually try to be honest with everything even if we don't like the answer 😉

But, I totally get your point and I agree. It's so easy to lie on these things. Which is yet another reason I take them with a grain of salt. But when you do them right it can sometimes be fun haha. But I feel like that's all they should be - just some fun. Maybe a jumping in point as others have said, but not to be taken seriously.

Until a test comes out that's not easy to fool or actually gets super in-depth. Then maybe they can be more useful. But, I'm not holding my breath for that haha.
Misanthrope
Misanthrope • Jan 22, 2019
Hmmm.... I haven't seen this question before. To be honest, the BDSM test, to me, is a bunch of fluff. I would much rather a person take the Myer Briggs test and post that. That would be extremely helpful when considering them.
AYASHE​(sub female)
AYASHE​(sub female) • Jan 22, 2019
Personally I don't need a test to tell me I'm submissive yes I've done it and do find it funny depending on mood depends on the out come but my top 3 have always been the same the masochist side normally moves up and down depending on my mood. I wouldn't take the test as gospel but I guess it does give some an indication to newbies.
Just take it as a bit of fun
sweatsoxjock​(switch male)
5 years ago • Mar 22, 2019
sweatsoxjock​(switch male) • Mar 22, 2019
I think these tests are totally useless. Whenever I see that someone has posted their results on their profile, It's a huge red flag for me -- either they are young, inexperienced or naive. I see it as a lazy, insipid way of talking about your interests without actually putting any thought into you're desires or motivations. I think of those who rely on a rudimentary tool like the BDSM Test as dilettantes, not as someone serious about BDSM. You might as well copy and paste your horoscope for all of the valuable insight it will shine on you as an individual.
Miki
5 years ago • Mar 23, 2019
Miki • Mar 23, 2019
I look at these with the same attitude as the other "tests" one sees online. The results can be interesting but I don't put heavy stock in them because we're all a bit different. No two alike and all that shit... And I have a strong aversion to restrictive labels like "not a bona fide participant in 'the lifestyle'."

I don't feel as though I have to conform to anyone or any book's definition of what a sub or masochist 'should" be.

As I write, scattered about these forum threads, I'm a masochist but only in the sexual sense. Out of "le boudoir" I'm an ordinary looking, ordinary acting professional woman.. meaning if some jackass gives me shit, (s)he gets a handful right back. As I'm wired right now I couldn't do the whole "lifestyle submissive" thing, NOT that I see anything wrong with it. Nothing at all. It just doesn't boil my eggs.