Online now
Online now

Read profiles Anyone?

Zaramia​(dom female)
5 years ago • Jan 11, 2019
Zaramia​(dom female) • Jan 11, 2019
There is the option to just block a user. I'm using it more and more.
you send me a random message - maybe you are crude or offensive, maybe you obviously did not read my profile, or your entire vocabulary is limited to hey or yo, followed by some abbreviations - wyd?
yeah. Block this user, please.
If you start out reasonable, and slide down that slippery slope, you're also at risk.
It's the internet, and even if you were face to face with these people, you really don't owe anyone the courtesy of a response - especially if they left their courtesy hat at the last bar.
zara
MasterBear​(other butch)
MasterBear​(other butch) • Jan 11, 2019
Online is not my life.

My life is irt.

What happens irt matters.

Ppl being stupid online doesn't.
Block, move on.

Its much easier to control your space online because you choose where, when, and who to engage.

Repeat after me:

Pause- block- move on
Tanaquil
Tanaquil • Jan 11, 2019
That crap is endemic on every site. Nothing you can do but block them and move on.

Amazingly, I've seen people claim that it works. I guess the empty and vapid of the world need to find each other somehow.

It's too bad that newbies are welcomed to the community that way, though.
HuntertheYeenQueen​(dom femme){Allie Kat}
Loneliness is not an excuse for disrespect.

It takes two seconds to go to someone's profile and look.

I clearly state I am only here for advice and, should it happen NATURALLY (I dont believe that friendships are asked for they're built just like any other relationship), friendship. I have no desire to Domme someone else, randomly hook up, none of that.

Two seconds to read, and I could be spared the constant harassment of 10+ messages a day asking me to fuck them, Domme them, pee on them (Also listed on my profile as a limit so, again, disrespectful), or my FAVORITE, to Switch, because "Women can't actually be Dominant, anyway".

There is no excuse in my mind for not reading a profile before messaging, especially if you're trying to proposition someone or hook up. Obviously when it's the spam bot things you just report and block. But if they're not obviously just a bot/someone spamming to troll, there is no excuse.

Often times I do just ignore or block. Sometimes though, especially if it's been a higher volume day for these messages, I get a little bitchy and have fun with them. Maybe that in and of itself isnt okay but you messaged first with a stupid question that could easily have been answered without wasting my time... I feel like a sarcastic response back to show you the ignorance of what happened is justified.

And, as a rule of thumb, if you ARE just trying to make conversation... Dont message me with details about yourself like looks or how big your penis is. I dont care and you will never get to know me if that is your introduction.

Thos topic of messaging without reading is a huge pet peeve of mine and I wish it would stop. But, it's the internet and prolly never will so... Just accept and move on.
LordofPain56
5 years ago • Jan 16, 2019
LordofPain56 • Jan 16, 2019
All I can tell ya, is that I am very disappointed with the quality of the profiles I do read. Some are just one-liners; (can't be too serious, right?). Most are not more than three lines of text. What does that tell you?
I used to have a profile that was a city block long. Didn't leave too much for the imagination. Never got much attention either! Possibly information overload?
I can only assume that the brief profiles are just people who don't know anything about BDSM, but they just want to come in and read other people profiles, or the forums out of curiosity. Others maybe want to trade e-mails back and forth with some poor slob to get him going just for kicks, then they suddenly drop out of the site.
LittleLolitaMae​(sub female){Collared}
5 years ago • Feb 13, 2019
In my opinion, if you have time to type out and send a message to someone on a kink or otherwise social forum, you have time to read their profile. If you don't have time to do the second thing, don't do the first thing. It just shows a lack of respect/boundaries and I'll have no part of it.