Online now
Online now

Is punishment necessary in BDSM?

minxilicious​(sub female)
4 years ago • Oct 13, 2019

Is punishment necessary in BDSM?

minxilicious​(sub female) • Oct 13, 2019
The reason I am wondering about this is because punishment is used to correct a behavior. Right? So what if Ur submissive follows the rules at all times and there is no need for punishment? Would this make the relationship boring for Dominants?
TakenLower
TakenLower • Oct 13, 2019
It doesn’t always have to be about correcting behavior. It can just as easily be simply because your D enjoys is, or because you enjoy it. It can also be a reminder of what punishment is like...keeping you on your toes so to speak. Some D types don’t enjoy punishment and get fulfillment from your obedience. It really depends on the relationship.
wynd​(sub female){Not Lookin}
@ minx

IMHO, There is a huge difference between being punished and receiving discipline or correction or even play.

I feel the word punishment is thrown around in such a casual way to mean something completely different than what it is supposed to be.

I’ve been asked how I liked to be punished before and I can just imagine the look of horror on my face when I say I never want to be punished.

I don’t ever want to do something to break the rules or something that displeases my D type so much that it warrants me being punished.

Oh I’ve been disciplined before, I’m a smartass who sometimes speaks before she thinks.😋 and I can get up to quite a bit of mischief from time to time as well.
    The most loved post in topic
Zedland​(dom male)
Zedland​(dom male) • Oct 13, 2019
A punishment is a correction, you're not supposed to enjoy it. I'll admit to finding a certain sadistic joy in carefully formulating something that will make my sub wish they'd never been born (which surprisingly is often far more boring than it sounds) I don't want them to be unhappy. It is far more pleasing to me when I am obeyed.
minxilicious​(sub female)
4 years ago • Oct 14, 2019
minxilicious​(sub female) • Oct 14, 2019
thank you for your replies. wynd i'm the same way when it comes to being asked how i like to be punished. first of all i think the question is ridiculous because i don't like being punished. i do enjoy spankings among other things in play. but being disobedient is hard for me mostly because i don't want to disappoint my Dom. i really do want to please Him. as Zedland said "it is far more pleasing to me when i am obeyed". i am far from perfect but i do try hard.
MasterBear​(other butch)
MasterBear​(other butch) • Oct 14, 2019
No.
Punishment is mot necessary.

Remember-- the base of BDSM is negotiating.

If punishments arent your thing --- FOR WHATEVER REASON----

Then its a limit and like all limits it needs to be respected.
Azzabackam​(switch male){PawPawGirl}
This is really contextual to a relationship. Some people don't engage in D/s prctices for any reason other than it's hot. The sub breaks the "rules" on purpose to receive the "punishment" because this framing is really exciting for one or more partners involved.
ThirtyFourPointFive
4 years ago • Oct 16, 2019
ThirtyFourPointFive • Oct 16, 2019
Tala wrote:
Some D types don’t enjoy punishment and get fulfillment from your obedience.

What I want is respect and obedience.
LordofPain56
4 years ago • Oct 17, 2019
LordofPain56 • Oct 17, 2019
Here is something that I had written in an old and more detailed profile (not on this site).

"Offenses against the house rules or the relationship rules will incur a punishment. Some are rather severe. Girl should never break the rules on purpose just to receive a punishment. In all likelyhood, normal everyday adult playtime fun which includes bondage and some sort of impact play should be enough to sustain even the most insatiable masochist. Girl should try to avoid punishment, as any transgression is displeasing to Master."

Umm, the house rules and relationship rules were listed above in the old profile.

So...certainly, punishment is not necessary, but it is fun...if you are a sadist like me, hehe.