Online now
Online now

Why do we have profiles?

Bunnie
4 years ago • Oct 16, 2019
Bunnie • Oct 16, 2019
I’m with @ MasterBear on this one. I read profiles, but also only take what is said with a grain of salt.

Consistency is the thing I trust. If someone is consistent in their behaviour matching what they’ve written about themselves... that’s when I feel that I’ve found someone I’d like to connect with.

Having said that... as a word nerd... I do like a well written profile icon_biggrin.gif
Cimky​(dom female)
Cimky​(dom female) • Oct 16, 2019
My point exactly why waste your time and mine by not reading my profile before you sent a message and before I answer I check yours to get a small glimpse of who you are. But and this is but one fool there is tons of them even after being ignored continues to offer what my profile clearly states I don't want and when I did ask if he read my profile his answer was yes that's why he offers now how does that logic works
Al Le Gory​(sadist female)
Al Le Gory​(sadist female) • Oct 16, 2019
The profile text is your chance to express yourself.
Sadly, many lack the written skills and/or inclination to do so. For all that people may say on their profile blurb, there is a lot they miss out.

As many people cannot be bothered to read profiles, is it really worth bothering with? No, not really. I stripped mine down to a minimum a while ago. Some guys seem to think that they are above it all...lazy, arrogant and rude.

My block list is getting longer.
LordofPain56
4 years ago • Oct 17, 2019
LordofPain56 • Oct 17, 2019
A lot of the profiles I read here might as well be blank. They don't tell you anything about themselves. I figure, if they are not going to put forth any effort in the profile, they are probably not too serious about this and just playing around on the internet.
As for myself, I also have a somewhat abbreviated profile (snipped out of a larger more detailed one), just to join the site and maybe participate in the forums, but I don't have any great expectations in finding a mate here. I think that ship sailed about 20 years ago, haha.
Aria Smith​(dom female)
Aria Smith​(dom female) • Oct 17, 2019
Yes there are lots of people that just look at if you are a dom/sub and just send out a mess. These people can be weeded out because they didn't spend at least a minute glancing through a profile or at least include a comment from something on your profile. If you don't fill out a profile then you are missing out on people that take that minute to look at something you wrote to know a little more about you. So I would advocate filling out your profile just so there is something more to you for people to reach out and talk to you about.
alawey​(sub female){(OWNED BY }
Ok not a true reply to the oringal posting . but wanted to share a funny story . if you read my blog you will see that on tues was 2 yrs for WOLF and i . i just got two messages in my inbox . one of congrats. And the another from same user. I opened it to see that they are asking if im owned and saying that they are looking . now this was sent about 20 minutes after the first one.

Goes to prove some dont read profile just see " sub" and are like oooooo let me write them . and really only tw o sent ences. "Owned???i m looking.."
Does that count. A s. Two sentences???
Cimky​(dom female)
Cimky​(dom female) • Oct 17, 2019
That was the exact reason for the post! No it don't count and for god sake do they really think someone is just gone say "no take me"
SirsSunrise​(sub female)
4 years ago • Oct 18, 2019
SirsSunrise​(sub female) • Oct 18, 2019
I don’t find the profiles are 100% indicative of a person is. That being said, if you don’t have the time to fill out a little bit of information about yourself, I clearly know that you are not serious. It’s a 50-50 split
LongerJohnny​(dom male)
4 years ago • Oct 18, 2019
LongerJohnny​(dom male) • Oct 18, 2019
I fancy myself a writer, sometimes a pretty good one! I approached my profile as if it were a blank page on which I could tell an interesting short story, using myself as source material.
I am also terribly pretentious so I'm probably less interesting than I make myself out to be.
You be the judge.