Online now
Online now

Would you ever teach your sub how to defend herself in public?

JohnBond​(dom male){Kitten}
4 years ago • Sep 30, 2019
Of course, I would absolutely teach or back self defense instruction. I want her to be able to defend herself if I'm not around. Luckily she already knows how to shoot and is a bit of a mean fighter.

I don't see any reason not to teach someone to defend themselves in some capacity, submissive or dominant. If someone's mental state is a part of that deciding factor I think that's a different question than 'would you teach a submissive to defend themselves.' not knocking the question at all, just separating the two.
CinntaxError
4 years ago • Oct 8, 2019
CinntaxError • Oct 8, 2019
Already have done with my former pet.
The Captain​(dom male)
4 years ago • Oct 8, 2019
The Captain​(dom male) • Oct 8, 2019
Zedland wrote:
@Bear,

If I may offer some advice the absolute foundation of self-defense is awareness. If you are constantly aware of your surroundings you can exercise the best form of self-defense. That of never being in danger of the first place.

Of course, this is not absolute. There are times when danger is unavoidable. But it is a good place to start.

Totally agree with this. My ladies tend to be quite small and petite so I have mostly taught them a few basic Krav Maga moves to get hands off of them quickly. They also find it amusing when I tell them to swap sides suddenly if we are walking, as when we are laughing and joking they just don't see things going on around them. Okay, that's my fault!

For when I am not there I always advise if you have to run, this is not a movie...DON'T FALL!

Nice to know you guys are looking out for your ladies/wives too. Nice one. icon_smile.gif
No Body​(dom male)
4 years ago • Oct 9, 2019
No Body​(dom male) • Oct 9, 2019
Yes and in any way I could teach her. Knife guns hands everything she wanted I would teach her. It is getting to dangerous and people are getting to stupid to not know how to take care of yourself.
Bigandtall​(other male)
4 years ago • Oct 11, 2019
Bigandtall​(other male) • Oct 11, 2019
Now, defending in public can take many forms! If my sub wanted me to teach her how to use a gun I would be more than happy to teach. But, keep in mind that many states and local principalities have conceal carry and open carry laws some being rediculously strict!
Personally, I would strongly encourage my sub to learn hand to hand combat!
You Can Call Me Al​(dom male)
4 years ago • Nov 7, 2019
After reading the majority of the comments, along with the original post, "..defend herself in public," is actually, " ... let her carry a firearm in public." First, in my second life, I am an NRA instructor and Chief Range Safety Officer. My ex-sub was my Range Safety Officer and business manager. She had my back in the classroom and on the range. So, yes, I have no problem with a sub carrying a firearm in public; no different that a dom carrying, or someone not affiliate with the lifestyle. Role or status is not a qualifier for firearms. Mental stability is, however.

Back to the original question then. Would I teach my sub how to defend herself in public. Unequivocally, yes. As her dominant, her protector, it is my duty to ensure she is safe, even when I am not with her. Does she know how to use pepper spray? Definitely. Has she taken self-defense classes for women? Absolutely. Her safety is paramount, regardless of me being there or not.
Angel Wings​(sub female)
4 years ago • Nov 7, 2019
Angel Wings​(sub female) • Nov 7, 2019
I was strongly encouraged to take a self defense class from a past Dom. Yes it took me way out of my comfort zone. A lot of anxiety and fears emerged,but after a year I can honestly say it the best gift I did for myself. I also took gun safety classes and can carry a gun. We're living in different times and everyone should know how to protect themselves.
Miss Tia​(sub female)
4 years ago • Nov 14, 2019
Miss Tia​(sub female) • Nov 14, 2019
I don't have a Dom, but due an unfortunate event I was trained in self defense. I already knew how to handle guns, actually competed....I even know how to shoot bows 😊.

My self defense class was basic.... to get away from who was hurting you. I am lucky to know an ex Marine who taught me a lot more😁
CrimsonRose
4 years ago • Nov 22, 2019
CrimsonRose • Nov 22, 2019
To answer the question, Yes. It is our duty and responsibility to protect ourselves as well as those we care about and call family. To that end respect for the tools, and training with the appropriate tools starts early, and is maintained on at least a weekly basis.

I concur with Literate Lycon in that there are many ways to protect yourself that do not include using a gun, as a trash bag in the right hands can be lethal, one need only be situationally aware.

However, I am from a place where one is allowed to carry a gun, and have trained to earn CCW in most states in the continental US. It is my habit to always be armed, and aware of my surroundings as well as the folks who inhabit my space. My preferred method is to use a gun, but it is not the only weapon in my arsenal.

Ladies we come equipped with lots of weapons if you put your mind to it... Stiletto's and Hair accessories are just a few of the many weapons we can carry that even TSA won't bat an eyelash at.

I would also advise that all the things I just pointed out as weapons, can be used against you so if you are not aware you are at risk. I highly recommend taking a program that is suited to where you live, if you do not have someone close to you that is knowledgeable in that area.