Online now
Online now

Safe words during punishment

TheEdge​(other male)
6 years ago • Nov 11, 2017

Safe words during punishment

TheEdge​(other male) • Nov 11, 2017
First off all when I say Punishments I mean PUNISHMENTS not funishments. with that in mind it is costumed that there are no safe words during punishment I mean after all it wouldn't be punishment if you could just get out of it. but what if something actually goes wrong. what if the person receiving the punishment is having a heart attack? that is obviously very extreme and exasperated but you get the idea.
DrWakko
DrWakko • Nov 11, 2017
Safe words are always in play. If you couldn't use a safe word that punishment now runs the line of abuse.

Also I'm not a fan of inflicting pain as a punishment. Whats the difference between swats on the ass when you are good versus swats on the ass when you are bad.

No one should hit another person when they are angry or out of anger.

I find banishment or time out method very effective. If they can see you but can't communicate with you then the punishment really hits home. Then when they are unbanished you two can sit and talk and hug and all will be better.
    The most loved post in topic
evergrey​(sub female){Ashigeru}
I wouldn't play with someone who disallowed safewords, even during a punishment. Punishment isn't for me anyway, but even if it was, hell no. Trauma is harmful. Do you really want to cause your partner serious harm, emotionally or physically?

I have CPTSD, if a safeword is ignored, it can lead to major, MAJOR problems.

I dunno, to each their own, but I firmly believe safewords should always be in play- there are a lot of ways in which things can go wrong, and cause permanent harm.
Tiabelle​(sub female)
6 years ago • Nov 13, 2017
Tiabelle​(sub female) • Nov 13, 2017
I have safeword always in play but have never ever used it during a punishment . Really didn't think to . I trusted and invested that he would know when it was enough and would stop. He always has full control of the situation and himself. Never in anger and believe me there is a clear difference in play vs punish.

During harder scenes i also have a caution word in play to signal something is wrong and he needs to pause so we can make the adjustment.

Trust is key both in and out of play. Just my 2 cents

Tia
MsNevermore​(other female)
6 years ago • Nov 22, 2017
MsNevermore​(other female) • Nov 22, 2017
As stated previously. Safewords are always to be respected. Now does that mean the punishment doesn't continue? No, it does mean that it will pause, be assessed and modified if causing harm or crossing limits whether those limits were known beforehand or just discovered. If hanging upside down wasn't a limit before but suddenly they are passing out for example.

Just as punishments are not meant to be fun, ignoring a safeword takes it from punishment to abuse. Imho of course.
Now fair warning for those who think safewording for sole purpose of only to get out of a punishment. That's its own type of abuse....but I digress.