Online now
Online now

Help! my dungeon is to loud I need ear coverage.

PrincessEvea​(sub female)
4 years ago • Mar 16, 2020

Help! my dungeon is to loud I need ear coverage.

PrincessEvea​(sub female) • Mar 16, 2020
I am looking for your suggestions on noise dampening. We play in a dungeon and the music is distracting. I don't want to really hear anything, and am looking for recommendations on good ear buds, plugs or other ways to lessen noise from distractions. An added benefit of they can work for sensory depravtion as well.

I have always found that ear buds hurt my ears, so I never would wear them. I would to hear recommendations from you who wear them a lot.

Thanks!
MeisterGerald​(dom male)
MeisterGerald​(dom male) • Mar 16, 2020
If sensory deprivation is the goal and you can't do earbuds, pick up a pair of Sony WH-1000XM3's. Over the ear high end Bluetooth headphones. Best noise cancelling headphones on the market, better than top Bose model. You can run active noise cancellation without anything playing. Can't hear someone talking to you three feet away. Add music to the mix and you're completely isolated.

Only issue is the earpads get hot and sweaty. Might be an issue.

Sony just released the newest model (XM4) so you can find the XM3's as low as $175. They were $400 new, so big savings.
bernalillo​(sadist male)
bernalillo​(sadist male) • Mar 16, 2020
Acoustic panels or foam rubber panels or hang curtains on walls. Drape fabric in arcs across the ceiling. Rugs or rubber mats. Upholstered furniture, beds and reed or fabric room dividers.
MasterBear​(other butch)
MasterBear​(other butch) • Mar 16, 2020
Ear plugs only cut some noise.
I have the same problem with the crapfest they call music.

Depending on how I feel- I ask them to turn it down.
    The most loved post in topic
No Body​(dom male)
4 years ago • Mar 17, 2020
No Body​(dom male) • Mar 17, 2020
Ok many years back I was at a home show and saw a new type of insulation. I walked into a small box that was foamed inside and 90% of the noise was cut off from the outside. There was no echo from the outside or inside. Add some white noise canceling head phones and you got total noise cancellation. If you want to just start with cheap head phones then put some can foam in a sandwich bag and before it sets and place it on your head getting the foam to set to your ears but not making them a part of them.
House Talion​(dom male)
3 years ago • Jul 18, 2020
House Talion​(dom male) • Jul 18, 2020
If its your place theres many ways you can make it better for everyone with basic construction methods and/or set the music to a link and allow others said link.

If it's not your place then you can still consider basic construction methods for personal use. As you say ear buds arent for you, you can stuff ear muffs with cotton balls essentially increasing the noise absorption material between your ears and the noise- that's the cheap method when compared to the expensive blue tooth noise dampening head phones which at minimal cost my wife got for $80