Online now
Online now

Princesses

MissBonnie​(dom female){oz}
3 years ago • Jun 17, 2020
Bunnie wrote:
I don’t know anything too in-depth about the Princess dynamic, however, I’m wondering if there’s a possibility that it’s a new branch off from the SugarDaddy/Sugarbaby dynamic. It kind of sounds like it’s an attempt at bridging it into a bdsm aspect. This is just a wild guess based on what you’ve mentioned.

Whilst I absolutely agree with @ Lexxa and believe her explanation is awesome and much along the lines of “princess” as I know it... what you describe sounds different... and new. I’m wondering if perhaps it’s popularity lays mostly with a younger demographic.

Within Femdom "*princess/Queen/Goddess" normally has a tribute/gift/payment factor and they operate as Domme in a pay to play manner. I too wonder if this isn't some variation of what Bunnie said a SugarDaddy/Sugarbaby dynamic.

*edited to add...not "always", but it is often a good sign.
changeling​(sub female){taken}
3 years ago • Jun 18, 2020
ClawedWithAKiss wrote:
Yes House Talion, according to the standard BDSM definition, Princess is a dominant role. The Princess is worshipped and adored by her submissive just as medieval royalty.

Even in regards to medieval royalty, a princess was not necessarily a specifically dominant role. In most cases, princesses sat in proper silence and were seen more than heard before being married off to a Prince or Lord of another Kingdom/region.

Once married off she was generally at the physical/sexual service of her Lord and did little else with her time except, perhaps, charity and prayer. She was kept well and certainly cared for to a high standard as was expected of the Lord to do so.

So if we translate this to a D/S dynamic involving a Princess in the Submissive role, she would expect her Dom of whatever title to "keep" her. Meaning, he cares for her to the expected standard laid out in their negotiations. She would then succumb to him in whatever regard is expected of her.

Think about how a good Lord treats his bride as opposed to how a corrupt one does.

An expectation of high quality care does not to, to me, blatantly make the Princess role dominant.

The understanding I have of D/S relationships is that a Dom earns the right to control a Sub as much as a Sub earns the right to serve a Dom.

The expectations and requirements will vary from individual to individual.

I think Princess may just be a fluid role that can present as either dominant or submissive depending on the dynamic.
Road Toad
Road Toad • Jun 18, 2020
There are as many different paths to the top of the Mountain, as there are many different things to experience along the way.
Who is to say, which path is correct, or what one should or should not experience?
I can only choose for myself, with the hope of course, that I find a like-minded soul to journey with me.
Bunnie
Bunnie • Jun 18, 2020
@ changeling,

Great explanation.
Agirl
3 years ago • Jun 19, 2020
Agirl • Jun 19, 2020
I am new to this dynamic and no nothing about the roles and dynamics I am still learning as I go, however I found this post extremely interesting.
My take on it would be along the lines of @ changing said,
You would be in deceive you your dom and he would nurture and care for you.
I would think of it as a understand rather then power play but that’s just as a newbie looking at it.