Online now
Online now

Would you ever tell them?

MrFulmen
3 years ago • Aug 25, 2020
MrFulmen • Aug 25, 2020
I think it's useful to distinguish how much your power exchange lifestyle is about your *erotic* life vs. how much it's about your *life* life. If the ways in which your dynamic manifests are mostly around the sexy aspects of your life, then telling your family all about it does seem a bit gratuitous. But the more that D/s becomes entangled with your overall life the more reasons for transparency tend to crop up.

The first time I talked to my parents about it was when I had a long term, serious partner who was a pro domme. I couldn't answer the question "What does your girlfriend do for a living?" without either lying or bringing it up. And if I just said she was a pro domme without talking about my own lifelong history with D/s then it'd sound like she was a freaky pervert corrupting their innocent little boy--and I wasn't going to throw her under that bus. So I told them enough to be able to talk honestly and openly about my partner, without making it salacious, and I said if they wanted to know more they could ask.

The conversation went just fine. I think, in part, because they could see why I was telling them what I was telling them; so it didn't come across as oversharing.
Tthomas
3 years ago • Aug 25, 2020
Tthomas • Aug 25, 2020
In my life I have a lot of friends. I very few close friends. I have an equal amount of female friends as I do male friends. They have seen me out with subs and have asked questions. It’s not like I carry a crop to dinner with me. They say I have a type. That’s all they know.

My brother and sister could care less. My children are different. My son is a live and let live type of guy. He is married. He would never ask. My daughter Is married also , she happened to see my laptop open to a conversation I was having. She started out slow and I could see a million questions forming. All I said is that I had a private life that I prefers to keep private. When there was someone important enough for you to meet I will tell you everything. That seemed to satisfy her.
Taramafor​(sub male)
3 years ago • Aug 27, 2020
Taramafor​(sub male) • Aug 27, 2020
If you're not open about who you are and what you do, are you accepted for who you really are?

I know people that have been "cast out" for a verity of reasons. But those same people are happier for being able to express themselves. Because in the end it's about what makes you happy.

It's that simple. The only reason to hide if a fear of judgement. You won't find those that don't judge by hiding.
Exquisite​(sub female)
Exquisite​(sub female) • Aug 27, 2020
Our parents are aware and a few of our traveling friends. My Master and I both have to much at stake to lose due to our profession so we keep it close to home.
hank submissive male​(sub male)
I think there are some things that are private usually I am an open book but I cannot tell certain family members my mom would not understand and I do not ask about her inntimate side of her life and I do not tell her about mine
MPH Poetry​(sub female){Owned}
I've told my best two 'vanilla' friends. They both love me and want me happy. They ask questions and I tell them.
They are always respectful and do not judge.
My male best vanilla friend now refers to me as 'Hot Momma' now that he knows I'm kinky... LOL.
Too funny icon_smile.gif
emeX​(sub male)
emeX​(sub male) • Aug 27, 2020
i don't really see any benefit in telling my Mother i'm a slave. Can't think of anything more awkward or cringe worthy. If anything, She'd probably be hurt by it. And, i rather not hurt someone i love just so i can be feel better about myself. my Sister on the other hand, W/we have a more open relationship. Having said all that...i'm just a private person anyway. So, shouting from the rooftops is not really my thing. Fuck i care what anyone thinks of me unless it's my Owner.