Online now
Online now

Anyone else scared of horror movies?

Miki
3 years ago • Sep 7, 2020
Miki • Sep 7, 2020
When I first saw the 1980 version of The Shining.. I got piss-in-pants scared when it panned to those creepy dead girls.. Since then I only watch scary movies around Halloween
tallslenderguy​(other male)
Psychological thrillers, yeah some, if they are really good, "Get Out" is one of the more brilliantly written and performed that i have seen? i also liked "Shutter Island." "The Talented Mr RIpley" did a great job of creeping me out.

"Horror movies" just don't appeal or affect me. i came out of a wierd, culty religious culture that believed in demons. i was scared when i believed all that stuff. But having been to (and participated in) several exorcisms, i have come to see that stuff as unreal, so it's hard to scare me?
Miki
Miki • Sep 7, 2020
Another one I saw, a rerun, was based on a book by the same name "Ghost Story".. The Chowder society and all that shit
. The movie was mediocre but the book scared the shit out of me... Just like when I read the book called "The Shining"

Nothing scares me more than ghost stories because, well, I have seen some fucked-up shit that cannot be explained.
Miki
Miki • Sep 7, 2020
tallslenderguy wrote:
Psychological thrillers, yeah some, if they are really good, "Get Out" is one of the more brilliantly written and performed that i have seen? i also liked "Shutter Island." "The Talented Mr RIpley" did a great job of creeping me out.

"Horror movies" just don't appeal or affect me. i came out of a wierd, culty religious culture that believed in demons. i was scared when i believed all that stuff. But having been to (and participated in) several exorcisms, i have come to see that stuff as unreal, so it's hard to scare me?

SIDE NOTE:

Why the fuck do you remind me of Scott Bakula? You're killing me, dude!
J Low​(sub female)
3 years ago • Sep 12, 2020
J Low​(sub female) • Sep 12, 2020
They don't scare me. It's all in how the movie is scored/music... I'm more into house of a 1000 corpses.. type movies. Hostel 2 was great though.
rosethorn​(sub female)
rosethorn​(sub female) • Sep 12, 2020
Yes the first one i saw was a Japanese horror the grudge age 14 at a sleep over. I haven't been able to see anything horror wise since then. Thriller yes horror no
shahh

Re: Anyone else scared of horror movies?

shahh • Sep 12, 2020
Rinweramu wrote:

Does anyone else love horror movies but cant watch it because of how scared they get afterwards?

Yes! Dear jeebus yes 🤦🙈🙈🙈🙈🙈 Ever since I was little. Cannot handle it.
sub bun​(sub trans man)
sub bun​(sub trans man) • Sep 12, 2020
I can watch some horror movies if I'm with friends or a partner, but afterwards I then have to be sleeping with someone or know someone is close by. My mind will play tricks on me and just make me real paranoid for the next week or so. Even watching videos talking about horror movies gives me this effect.
Max Heathen​(other male)
Max Heathen​(other male) • Sep 12, 2020
I use to like the older horror films: The Howling, Nightmare on Elm st, even Jaws was more horrifying than I care to admit because though I love the ocean, I won't go more than ankle deep seeing as sharks can cruse in three feet of water lol. The more modern Gore style are just an insult to my senses and I've dealt with enough of that crap in RL to want it in my viewing pleasure. I think if I watch Horror now, I tend to ruin it for everybody around me who are screaming while I'm laughing at the obviously outcome. The old movies used music to build it up but didn't always do anything more than mess with your emotional build up that makes you hold your breath then... nothing. 😑 BAM! OMFG!! Plus you never really saw the kill in the old movies, it was left to your imagination. Last Horror I saw was "IT" the new releases... My donor forbid me to go watch any more horror with her out in public, as I ruined it every time she'd jump and I'd be laughing out loud, almost cheering for the outlandish digital artistry that I found to be very alluring in a dark beauty. On a standard, I prefer to not watch Horror movies. The effect is no longer there for me, and again, the gore factor is over the top.
Zerospace​(dom male){Amalthea}
3 years ago • Sep 28, 2020
How the hell did I miss an entire chat about horror movies? Ugh, I suck at this!

Sorry to be so late to the party.

The first time I saw "The Exorcist" was in the theater during the director's cut run of the film. The movie unnerved me so badly that I broke out in a cold sweat and almost had to leave. Ever since then, I still get a small sense of that feeling whenever I watch it (and I watch it very often).

And books? Have you seen my avatar?

And if you want a truly scary video game, play "Alien: Isolation" because being stalked by a Xenomorph for 12+ game-play hours will leave you completely petrified.