Online now
Online now

Tips for kneeling with 40 year old knees.

Miki
3 years ago • Jan 24, 2021
Miki • Jan 24, 2021
It's just harder to kneel on a hard surface as one gets older and heavier. Just ask any plumber

(unless he, like a lot of them, is showing at least half the posterior smile as he rattles around under the kitchen sink, then leave the room.)

It's body weight. Kids can crawl on hands and knees like nobody's business, but add a few pounds as they grow and it's a whole lot less fun.

Therapy and herbal this-and-that can help with past knee injuries but other than that, the adult human body simply isn't meant to kneel for very long. Kneecaps aren't feet.
Satindragon{N/A}
Satindragon{N/A} • Jan 24, 2021
I am 67 and I have tried several different things. The one that works the best for me is kneeling on a pet bed. It is larger and firmer than most cushions. I have one of the memory foam ones. It is awesome and also large enough for me to pull between my Sir's legs and sit at his feet or even take a nap after a long day or serious play.
Fallible Malleable
Fallible Malleable • Jan 24, 2021
If kneeling is a challenge would it be possible for you and your partner to come up with positions and postures that might convey a similar feeling or style but would be more kind on the knees? I realize that they might not be what is considered high protocol or standard but if the intent is the same and both parties are in agreement perhaps it would work? Best of luck!
I'mME
3 years ago • Jan 25, 2021
I'mME • Jan 25, 2021
I was curious at the answers to the OP. But now I am a little dismayed. For the OP, have you had your knees looked at by a qualified person ? If so what did they say ? If not, please start there.
Next, ifa qualified professional says that she ought not to be kneeling, then is the suggestion still for knee pads ? The kneeling bench, is that for her to sit on, bc kneeling is kneeling. As long as she is at waist level, and below her Dom, Master, Top (always m & f when I use these terms) and in their heart and ways keeping their submissiveness, isn't that what matters?

And a Dom or a Master should not want their property to ever do something that could cause then to be permanently damaged, should they ?

To the person who suggested exercise to 'strengthen' knees, that would depend what is wrong with said knees.

I love the ideas of yoga, and Tai Chi. But depending on what is wrong with OP's knees, she can strengthen the rest of her legs, her glutes, strengthen lower back, however short of knee replacements, some conditions can not be exercised away, not the fluid displace, if they are swollen at all.

I have almost no cartilage left in my knees, I will still get on my knees for a variety of things (not all revolving around this Lifestyle) . As a matter of fact I have arthritis in every part of my body (shhh, I am aware, that is all that need be said, crappy DNA genes 😂) I keep moving, and will still try all kinds of things, more than once if I like it, vanilla and Bdsm.
I was very active except for the times those crappy DNA genes rear their ugly heads.

I'm not trying to start an argument, nor insult anyone, when it comes to medical issues, I advocate for getting a diagnosis, so then you can do your own research, get a 2nd opinion, have some information to make the best possible decision you can.

For those who like yoga or want to try yoga, i found an app called Dog Down. It has free and paid, but the free version is da bomb. Y9u can choose type of music, level of difficulty, restore, breath, stretch,
Its pretty neat.

Thanks,

N
SecretShifter​(sub female)
3 years ago • Jan 29, 2021
SecretShifter​(sub female) • Jan 29, 2021
Work some comfort (odd word I know haha) into some scenes like a plush fluffy rug,I have knee pads for a costume and I have had to wear with a few other things,in winter I kneel on the couch at times bc it's very hard n cold on wood floor,or my all time favorite go to on bad knee days (rheumatoid arthritis here so it happens from time to time) I stand on my very tippy toes if I have been rotten I face the wall. Anyway a little ice always helps too!
ErosRising​(dom male){Hekate}
IdontknowwhoiAM wrote:
I was curious at the answers to the OP. But now I am a little dismayed. For the OP, have you had your knees looked at by a qualified person ? If so what did they say ? If not, please start there.
Next, ifa qualified professional says that she ought not to be kneeling, then is the suggestion still for knee pads ? The kneeling bench, is that for her to sit on, bc kneeling is kneeling. As long as she is at waist level, and below her Dom, Master, Top (always m & f when I use these terms) and in their heart and ways keeping their submissiveness, isn't that what matters?
N

Thank you for your response. I assure you my Master only wants what is best for me. He had already suggested something soft to kneel on and had given me alternate positions to use. I want to kneel for him.

I have no knee issues other than I’m not 20 anymore and I have not had the opportunity to stay on them like I do now.

Yoga was also prescribed by my Master as I have enjoyed it in the past.

I posted it because I thought I might be encouraged by other’s suggestions and have received lots of helpful advice.

Thank you,
Psyche
Sensualgent​(dom male)
Sensualgent​(dom male) • Jan 29, 2021
IdontknowwhoiAM wrote:

And a Dom or a Master should not want their property to ever do something that could cause then to be permanently damaged, should they ?

To the person who suggested exercise to 'strengthen' knees, that would depend what is wrong with said knees.

I love the ideas of yoga, and Tai Chi. But depending on what is wrong with OP's knees, she can strengthen the rest of her legs, her glutes, strengthen lower back, however short of knee replacements, some conditions can not be exercised away, not the fluid displace, if they are swollen at all.

I have almost no cartilage left in my knees, I will still get on my knees for a variety of things (not all revolving around this Lifestyle) . As a matter of fact I have arthritis in every part of my body (shhh, I am aware, that is all that need be said, crappy DNA genes 😂) I keep moving, and will still try all kinds of things, more than once if I like it, vanilla and Bdsm.
I was very active except for the times those crappy DNA genes rear their ugly heads.

I'm not trying to start an argument, nor insult anyone, when it comes to medical issues, I advocate for getting a diagnosis, so then you can do your own research, get a 2nd opinion, have some information to make the best possible decision you can.

For those who like yoga or want to try yoga, i found an app called Dog Down. It has free and paid, but the free version is da bomb. Y9u can choose type of music, level of difficulty, restore, breath, stretch,
Its pretty neat.

Thanks,

N

This is a great post and very appreciated.
Just to clarify, my suggesting Tai Chi /Qigong practise is after proper diagnosis which is why I stipulated an accredited (perhaps a better word would have been qualified) therapist.
Before seeing this from I don't know who I am,( I don't) I was going to write again to suggest that the various impliments to help with kneeling may be useful but won't be addressing the underlying problem. In fact, I Don't, hits the nail on the head much better in his post.

And for I don't know who I am,
I hope it's not patronising to suggest, if you haven't you may like to try Qigong.
As I previously said I am not a medical practitioner but have seen some very interesting things at Qigong which many would scoff at, but nothing ventured nothing gained. Qigong is known to help with arthritis, indeed I have a friend from the same practice who's arthritis has improved over the time of her practice. Was it the Qigong or other influences? She believes it is but of course each person is different as can be the level of skill in the Qigong teacher. I'm extremely lucky in that respect.

You may well know that ptsd is believed to be a cause of arthritis so that may be another avenue to explore.
In any case I write with love and respect in the hope that I may be of help to someone in some way.
I do believe your post has been.
With love to all in pain be it physical or emotional.