Online now
Online now

profile info

wolfgang mephister​(dom male)
2 years ago • Jul 11, 2021

profile info

I was just wondering about the info on different profiles, most, don't have much info at all, some very few info, but very few have got a thorough description
of the person, Whenever I see profiles with no or too little info, I always wonder why. I find it very interesting reading through profile that show personality and give an idea of the person behind, it shows an interesting person usually or someone that knows what tshe/he want, well I usually am interested in the female ones obviously .
Talking about female profiles, they mostly have little or no information, can someone give me their view on this and what do you think.
thanx and enjoy whatever it is you're doing
wolfgang
SageFlame​(sub female)

Little or no information on profile

SageFlame​(sub female) • Jul 11, 2021
I first look at the date they acquired an account. Many, (myself included) signed up and took a long look around before adding to a profile. If someone has had an account for a good amount of time perhaps they took a look around and never came back. However, there are those that you might receive a message from and there is a sparse profile. If you asked for my input I would say trust your gut on this one. If it feels like something is off most likely your instincts are correct. Then there is this. . . not everyone who has an account is kinky. Some are just curious or doing research.

All that being said - there are people who simply are unsure as to what they should or shouldn't say so they leave it blank.

Personally, I hold more weight on the conversation than anything in a profile.
Miki
Miki • Jul 11, 2021
It is all a matter of preference of the person whose profile one is reading.

For those looking to make "meaningful" connections on here, a robust profile is the wise move. Ditto for the occasional few who simply want to fascinate readers with all manner of involved details of one's life and attract a crowd. (Dare Say I-- "Get Attention"??)

On the other hand, those like me (for example) who only want to contribute to forums and have casual (Read Casual!!) contact with other members who so choose to make said contact-- a "thin" profile is the choice.

If I were to post a "robust" profile, there will be those who think I'm "looking". ,I am NOT.

I'll reply to anyone who PM's me, but once again, my choice is to simply contribute to Forum Posts whenever I believe my input would be useful, but otherwise I'm not looking to dive into a deeper relationship with anyone in here (or anywhere else online)

-- A so-called "thin" profile is the choice.

Not to down anyone, but another example;

if a stray kitten shows up at your door, if you give it milk and eats-- it'll be back.

If not, it'll come back, of course, but with decidedly decreased frequency.

To conclude, in here there doesn't appear to be any shortage of "Profile Police" who see fit to assess a person based on how much "Blah" they put into their blah.

Ignore them; I certainly do!!

MM
    The most loved post in topic
MelMell​(dom female)
2 years ago • Jul 12, 2021
MelMell​(dom female) • Jul 12, 2021
Personally I’m not likely to pay attention to profiles with no information. If they send me a a very thought out message and not a “hey” then I’ll answer back. I have found that more often than not those profiles with little to no info are normally closed down pretty fast or the people are looking for a quick fix. I’m a fan of well written profiles as they give me a better look into how the person is and if we would get along.
I have been with a few subs when I first got here that have very little to no information on their profile and frankly... a lot of them didn’t have much of a personality and I ended up leaving them fast enough. I prefer a sub with a personality that can also stimulate my brain.
But hey don’t go by what I’ve said. Try messaging those empty profiles and see what happens. You might have a better experience than I have!
House Talion​(dom male)
House Talion​(dom male) • Jul 12, 2021
There have been many ppl that don't stay long enough to care what their profiles say. Some ppl want to gain interest from others based on their mentality instead of physique.
Miki
Miki • Jul 12, 2021
Don't judge a book by its cover. Take heed of it instead.

Speaking for myself, the "thin-ness" of my profile directly corresponds to my level of interest in developing any relationship in here beyond casual.

As for how long people with thin profiles stick around...

Take Note:

I am a Charter Member.

PS House Tallion-- no offense. I get what you're saying and I still love ya. What I jst wrote was intended for the General Population of this little hole-in-the-wall of "ours". !
Sasa​(dom female)
Sasa​(dom female) • Jul 12, 2021
I like good profiles, says a lot about the person. But far more interesting are their posts on the forum. This is what I read. But if someone is reaching out and doesn't write more about himself I am not interested.
Cressida Clytie​(masochist female){Taken}
I would prefer a good profile. Not too short, not too long. Just something to see if we have something in common. It will save as all time and energy rather than chatting then finally realizing you're not interested in each other.
Grey Eyes​(sub female){Owned}
I have always had a profile of three paragraphs at a minimum. I would prefer to hear from someone with at least a few things in common because I am looking for a LTR.

I will say, it is refreshing to see someone who actually reads profiles.
RedKat{Not now }
RedKat{Not now } • Jul 12, 2021
Grey Eyes — It’s refreshing to find anyone that actually reads anything including a profile!