Online now
Online now

Is it unacceptable to ask a dom for a nude ?

Miki
2 years ago • Aug 25, 2021
Miki • Aug 25, 2021
Not moot at all, Moonshiner. I don't either, not to creatures in here or on other sites I wander in and out of... Or if I meet someone casually IRL, no "special pics" on the phone to carry around. Nope.
tsi​(sub female)
tsi​(sub female) • Aug 25, 2021
I agree with everyone, it varies with every dom and it also depends on how comfortable he is .
I actually have no interest in seeing my doms naked body . It’s really about the concept behind it . If they expect to see my body they should be comfortable sending too .
VelvetGlove​(dom male)
VelvetGlove​(dom male) • Aug 25, 2021
I think reciprocation is important in all relationships, especially at the beginning. You end up setting the tone for what's expected down the road and, like a wrong turn at a fork in the road, what seems like a little thing can grow and grow. I don't think you're really concerned about nudes specifically, but about reciprocal giving. IMHO, this is a big red flag and the sooner you address it the better.

This isn't about keeping score, IMHO. It's about putting yourself out there and communicating through actions. I think most people are afraid to give at times because it makes them feel vulnerable. Gifts often reveal what the giver truly wants. I say you haven't lived until you've revealed your most vulnerable self to your partner(s).
redpoll​(dom male)
redpoll​(dom male) • Aug 25, 2021
No. It is very acceptable even.

A D/s relationship is reciprocal. Everything you give is to be returned. Now, it may not be returned in the same way, and quite plainly, the dynamic is created by creating inequalities in certain areas (one of those areas certainly might very well be physical intimacy), but that inequality is to be brought back to balance by the Dominant offering more in another area. Whatever the makeup might be, you should never feel as if something you offer isn't being returned.

That's the first point. The second is that your Dom's primary responsibility is your well-being and your enjoyment and your pleasure - just as your primary focus is on his. That can come in many different ways, but if one of those ways that is needed is for you to see something physically intimate of him every once in a while, that should be communicated and he should strive to meet that need. It would likely be improper for you to demand it, it's going to be on his terms, as you have accepted and as you want it to be, but that need should be fulfilled.

Naturally, as has been well-stated above, there are important issues of safety and privacy, and how comfortable or safe someone is going to feel sharing intimate photos online is going to vary and if there is a lack of safety and comfort, that should be addressed and negotiated around however is appropriate for you and your partner. But, you can certainly request it regardless. You can certainly advocate that it is a conversation you need. To be forbidden to express something is in hindrance to open, free communication, and if your dynamic doesn't have open, free communication, there is something fundamentally awry.
Balthezor
Balthezor • Aug 25, 2021
I don’t think there’s a problem with it, my friend & I have done that & we have couples pictures of us together too. It’s just how you approach it, but if no one ask then it’s kinda uncalled for, if you’ve got a stable thing going & you’ve been hinting around just ask. That open communication is key.
Bunnie
Bunnie • Aug 25, 2021
I think if it’s reached a point of where you’re curious and want to know more about this person you’ve connected with, it never hurts to ask.

What is important… is respecting the answer.

If they say no, respect that.
fleetzap​(dom male)
fleetzap​(dom male) • Aug 25, 2021
Open communication should be the foundation that any relationship, BDSM or otherwise, is built on. Outside of whatever rules you might have established you should certainly be offered opportunities to foster trust with one another, and asking for something from your dominant (nudes or otherwise) should be perfectly within reason pending what their comfort level is for that sort of thing.
I would say, just be wary of anyone who offers nothing reciprocal and tries to blow smoke up your hind quarters too often.
Sasa​(dom female)
2 years ago • Aug 26, 2021
Sasa​(dom female) • Aug 26, 2021
The question is fine and yes, subs asked for it. Fullbody with clothes, yes, but naked, I doubt I do that before there is a true bond and trust. In person, of course but online only after a long time and is has to be a established relationship. I simply don't do that for everyone and usually I play dressed. It is how I like it and on top, being naked means more than to show yourself.
Stevevo​(dom male)
2 years ago • Aug 26, 2021
Stevevo​(dom male) • Aug 26, 2021
Personally I don’t think so.

I don’t generally send nudes to anyone unless we have achieved a comfort level. Then only if she likes seeing them; some women do not.

Usually it starts off with me taking a picture of both of us when we are together and sending it to her telling her something like this was hot or she looked like she was enjoying herself.

If you haven’t met in real life then I would think he might ask if you would like one of him also.

after we have established comfort I might even shoot one over with a dirty message.

Many times I am asked for one and I have no problems sending it either; as long as we have already established comfort.