Online now
Online now

The term Mommy

BronzedOrchid​(switch female){NotaUnicor}
2 years ago • Jan 21, 2022
I definitely enjoy it!

Iā€™d wanted a little for a long time. šŸ˜Œ
I knew that being a caregiver would be really fulfilling and after researching little space and roles and needs, I knew that I would excel at it.

Being called Mommy reaffirms that feeling and decision for me, every single time.
    The most loved post in topic
Byrdie​(switch female){rl only}
1 year ago • Mar 30, 2022
Nope. My ex-husband unconsensually, without a hint of negotiation, tried to make our relationship into a Mommy/AB, ANR relationship and it went ... badly. I'd be on high alert if someone called me "Mommy," immediately expecting manipulation. The very idea of it gives me the willies, despite the existence of Peach's song "Mommy Complex".
MissBonnie​(dom female){oz}
Mummy! Nope, no way, no how. Hell no!
Being called so would snap me out of my happy place and snap my switch into a different mode. I operate in two modes, Mother and Domme. Those TWO modes do not collide in my world DURING play (or my day to day life) while yeah I'm 24/7, those lines can blur between family and BDSM but my role with my children doesn't.
While I understand the BDSM aspects of Age play and do enjoy watching that dynamic with others it is not for me. I'm not squiked out by it, it just doesn't ring my bells. I'm 100% good with it ringing other peoples bells! There is a saying in kink "your kink is not my kink" or "your mileage may vary"...we are NOT all the same and that's ok with me.
I have biological (adult ..ish) children and foster children I do not need more children. I've done my time!
I enjoy my BDSM (in my case Femdom) for various reasons, one of those reason is the freedom to be ME external to being a "parent"
My dynamic within BDSM is my submissives makes my life easier. "kids make my life easier" said NO parent EVER! LOL (granted they do enrich life)
My submissives operates in my best interests in a manner that benefits us both.
I'm not there to micro manage my submissives day, I do that for my boi children and they are pretty much adult like.
I expect my subs to operate as an adult and be the very best adult they can do. I will correct a submissives course "IF" it is heading in the wrong direction and doesn't serve ME or them in OUR dynamic.
If a submissive can't "adult" they are not the submissive for me.
to me my submissives have their own Mother, they don't need me.
Miki
Miki • Mar 30, 2022
Not a dominant.. Far from it, as is obvious because I'm a Maso-Girl, and no disrespect for "Littles"-- but if I found myself in a situation where someone called me that, I'd politely register revulsion.

Same goes for those who would call a dom "daddy" in public settings. (though rare, some actually do, as I have seen / heard)

It is likely based on how I was raised, but using those terms on an unrelated adult with whom one might have a sexual component to their dynamic makes me think of incest / wannabe incest.

I'm definitely not vanilla or conservative, but some things just don't work in my POV.

For those who do so, no personal judgment here, I'm just responding to the original post as speaking for only myself.
I'mME
1 year ago • Mar 31, 2022
I'mME • Mar 31, 2022
I have experienced being called that upon receiving a message from individuals in here as well as other platforms.

Madame, Ma'am, Mommy,

There was a time when I explained. (although my profile said nothing about looking for a sub, but that goes back to people not reading profiles or thinking they are THE one)

Now for the most part I just do not respond, or I say something like, did you read my profile?
SassyGoddess​(dom female)
1 year ago • Jul 13, 2022
SassyGoddess​(dom female) • Jul 13, 2022
Being a mother it is not a term I enjoy to hear from anyone other than my 7 year old daughter.
I have politely told many to not use it when they first approach, but I am also not interested in a dynamic with an AB.
Overall I don't have any issues, just not my flavor of ice cream.
Steellover​(sub male)
Steellover​(sub male) • Jul 13, 2022
There are important differences between a dominant female/submissive male relationship, and mother/son (or daughter) relationship.

I personally couldn't imagine calling my domme "Mom" but that's just me. It would feel too much like incest (which isn't really my kink.)
corruptedgirl​(sub female)
corruptedgirl​(sub female) • Jul 13, 2022
I'm not a huge fan of the Mommy/Daddy thing and even when I was a child I never used those terms in a platonic familial way. The terms just kinda have always felt wrong for me.

But I've also noticed that both the terms Mommy and Daddy are being used A LOT by non-kink people, especially younger people (30 and below).
It seems like it's becoming a more 'mainstream' term to refer to your boyfriend or girlfriend or just someone you find attractive, especially in the younger gay communities.

I guess it's similar to how Top/bottom is becoming a mainstream term too. BDSM seems to be bleeding into the mainstream 'vanilla' world a bit more and I feel like it kinda has good and bad implications.