Online now
Online now

Do other subs feel a pull towards doms in the workplace?

emmmllliiininenine​(sub female)
1 year ago • Jul 21, 2022

Do other subs feel a pull towards doms in the workplace?

I am wondering if how I am feeling is normal and if other subs relate… I naturally as a submissive women feel EXTRA submissive around men in the workplace (and especially management or higher positions). Not even men that I know very well. If a man carries himself in a dominant way, I naturally feel extra submissive around him. It can sometimes even be distracting, but I cant help it. I have always liked men who had a power dynamic over me (stronger, position higher, deeper voice) but sometimes there is a man with a naturally dominant vibe. I have a husband but for some reason I have a natural tendency to still feel submissive if a man gives off dom vibes. Do the other subs on here feel that way at their jobs or in life, like you can just sense a dominant man, but it pulls at you?
cynthiajoy
cynthiajoy • Jul 21, 2022
i can relate, but feel that attraction to dominant women, those is charge, and those with high confidence.
i picture myself being called to their office and my place is under the desk. i can dream.
moll​(other female){owned slav}
Being able to talk a certain way, to sound confident doesn't do it for me, but I do agree about the dominance vibe. A man with self confidence and not an inflated ego is very attractive. But there has to be a lot more than that to keep me interested....to want to follow. Like intelligence, compassion, sincerity, etc.

Do I act a certain way around men that I find has the "dominance vibe?" When it came to intelligent men....professors....yes!
Steellover​(sub male)
1 year ago • Jul 22, 2022
Steellover​(sub male) • Jul 22, 2022
As a submissive, to some extent yes, but to some extent; it is a different dynamic in the work place where your income and livelihood depend on having a solid working relationship with your boss. If there is a constant fear of reprimend and ultimately, job loss from your boss, it is a bit of a buzz kill; quite a different dynamic than a fear of a whipping/spanking or caning. So yes, I have been submissive to strong female bosses, but for the same reason as I have been to strong male bosses; its more of a "Fear of screwing up and losing your job" thing than a "wow, that's HOT!" thing.
Lazuli

Re: Do other subs feel a pull towards doms in the workplace?

Lazuli • Jul 22, 2022
emmmllliiininenine wrote:
I am wondering if how I am feeling is normal and if other subs relate… I naturally as a submissive women feel EXTRA submissive around men in the workplace (and especially management or higher positions). Not even men that I know very well. If a man carries himself in a dominant way, I naturally feel extra submissive around him. It can sometimes even be distracting, but I cant help it. I have always liked men who had a power dynamic over me (stronger, position higher, deeper voice) but sometimes there is a man with a naturally dominant vibe. I have a husband but for some reason I have a natural tendency to still feel submissive if a man gives off dom vibes. Do the other subs on here feel that way at their jobs or in life, like you can just sense a dominant man, but it pulls at you?

I don't even think of people in those terms at work.
    The most loved post in topic
tafkaz​(sub female)
tafkaz​(sub female) • Jul 22, 2022
I don’t know about others, but I *definitely* do. I think, unconsciously, I call my bosses “Sir” more often when I get nervous or overwhelmed, but the simple act of acknowledging this other person has power over me but uses it to help instead of hurt seems to keep me from spiraling when things get hard at work. My bosses are extremely knowledgeable in their field & they can be extremely hard to please, so every time I can anticipate what they’ll need for a certain situation and they’re able to just seamlessly finish what they need to do with my help, I’m just over the moon. It makes me feel important, & it’s just a huge confidence boost to know that I’m making the life of someone I respect just a little easier. And when I get a “thank you”? That makes my day.
Zelia
Zelia • Jul 22, 2022
In my career I managed people, as opposed to being managed by people, as such I was in a more powerful position than most in my work environment.
Transferring your question to my CrossFit environment, I am coached by and surrounded by powerful men who are pushing me, encouraging and instructing me.
I never think of them with anything other than healthy respect, we laugh together, banter and I’ve met some of their families. They absolutely hold a position of power and believe me when I say they are fit, strong and athletically some of the most impressive people I’ve met. They look amazing.
I would feel like I was violating them to think of them in a ‘Dominant’ way, or to feel submissive around them.
I tend not to have any feelings of that nature with anyone outside of my relationship with my Master.
Not sure if I explained that very well but the simple answer is, no.
RoseUndressed​(sub female)
RoseUndressed​(sub female) • Jul 22, 2022
Gosh this a tricky one.
I am upper level management, the only woman in my position and a good 20 years younger than my peers and my bosses. I almost feel like I have to assume this faux masculinity around my peers and those above me in order to be taken seriously. The softer, submissive, perhaps more feminine side of myself can't come into the work place - else I'll be asked to make tea again (I kid you not, that happened in the first management meeting I walked into, I was referred to as the tea girl when I went to take my place at the table).

For me, my issues come with mentor roles. Teacher - student kind. If I see a man as someone I can learn from, someone who will help identify my needs and grow them, then yes - I sometimes think of them in that Dom role. But that is rare for me - it takes an exceptionally articulate, intelligent and creative man to put me in that mindset. And quiet. They need to be unassuming in their dominace.