Online now
Online now

Why is there a segregated personals catagory just for transpeople?

kinkykelsi​(sub trans woman)
1 year ago • Sep 12, 2022

Why is there a segregated personals catagory just for transp

There's a personals category for subs seeking, doms seeking, etc. Yet they put all trans-related personals in one group as if transpeople don't fit any other category. Surprising as it may sound, transfolk aren't all the same. We have a variety of kinks too! It feels very discriminatory and obtuse.
Villanelle​(staff)
Villanelle​(staff) • Sep 12, 2022
Everyone is welcome to post up to two Personal ads in a category of their choice. Having a transgender section doesn't preclude anyone from posting in the dom/me searching for submissive categories or any other, nor is there any expectation that you will want to post in the transgender section if you are trans. Some people do which is why it is presented as an option.
Villanelle wrote:
Everyone is welcome to post up to two Personal ads in a category of their choice. Having a transgender section doesn't preclude anyone from posting in the dom/me searching for submissive categories or any other, nor is there any expectation that you will want to post in the transgender section if you are trans. Some people do which is why it is presented as an option.

I'm not sure if you're trying to justify it or not. Either way, it still shouldn't be that way and its an easy fix. Also, the way its setup implies the trans category is the only place for trans related posts. I mean why wouldn't it since they went out of their way to create a section specifically for transgender personals.
Notely
Notely • Sep 12, 2022
If you feel your Feminine Goddess self then post in what one makes you feel just be honest and open with your heart. Ether its both feminine or Masculine/Feminine that your choice the people that do understand you.
elegantlymade wrote:
If you feel your Feminine Goddess self then post in what one makes you feel just be honest and open with your heart. Ether its both feminine or Masculine/Feminine that your choice the people that do understand you.

That is great advice and something I follow. I love who I am and don't worry if people like who or what I am. My concern is transfolk shouldn't be segregated into our own category, it just doesn't make sense to do it and can alienate those who are still trying to sort out who they are.
heero2334​(dom male)
1 year ago • Sep 13, 2022
heero2334​(dom male) • Sep 13, 2022
kinkykelsi wrote:
elegantlymade wrote:

That is great advice and something I follow. I love who I am and don't worry if people like who or what I am. My concern is transfolk shouldn't be segregated into our own category, it just doesn't make sense to do it and can alienate those who are still trying to sort out who they are.

I agree with both thoughts. When the site was created, there was a lot of transfolk that had abused by this. At the same time, there are those trans that show why people feel that there needs to be segregations. I was a victim of the latter in my last relationship, so I am sorry if this feelings like a personal attack. Just be true to yourself and post where your heart leads you. Just be open and honest with whoever answers your post.
Miki
Miki • Sep 13, 2022
There was a thread that appeared some time ago, I forget exactly when but that doesn't matter. Trans members felt "lost in the crowd" in here, so the Admins developed a dedicated trans personals section as an option for members of our community who wish to, can post personals ads where they may be more comfortable doing so.

I am reasonably sure that somewhere along the line, more than one trangender person has come across the situation where they meet and like someone only to have them head for the hills when that fact comes up. A dedicated section for trans people can reduce such unfortunate events.

It is not "segregation". It's an option that was requested by transgender members themselves. "Segregation" would be in the form of a requirement that transgender people may only post ads in that section. There is absolutely NO such requirement.

As Villanelle stated above, everyone can post personals ads anywhere they want.
    The most loved post in topic
Master W​(dom male){Busy}
Master W​(dom male){Busy} • Sep 13, 2022
It was created because there people who wanted their own space instead of being "lost in the pool" like others have said. It was a feature added specifically to accommodate people who asked for it. Now considering you don't have to nor are you locked into a specific place and can post anywhere, for those who feel more comfortable they can and for those who don't want to they don't have too. It's really a win-win for every comfort level and preference of meeting.
MissBonnie​(dom female){oz}
As others have said, post in the category where you see yourself. Don't let the label define you.

I do have a question for the Trans here (playing devils advocate)....How would you solve what you see is the issue....

is it just the wording? Is the wording/set up triggering? the smaller section? Where you aware you could post in other places?
if you had a magic wand how would you suggest it was set up, if anything was possible? Granted asking doesn't always get (sometimes its not possible) but it could be helpful knowing what all want.
I ask because often when coding for websites its hard to do the right thing by all or often we assume we are doing the right thing but often it can appear wrong (even when the intentions are from a good place) Having been here for years at the cage, in my opinion V and cagemonkey have always tried to find solutions or work arounds where possible....but when you don't walk in another's shoes, it can often come across differently.
Maybe you have idea they haven't thought off. If you do, why not contact them and ask for what you would like to see.