Online now
Online now

Feminism: Has it gone too far?

Dom Pinnacle​(dom male)
10 months ago • May 15, 2023
Dom Pinnacle​(dom male) • May 15, 2023
Just a few quotes I've picked up from reading your responses.

"Brow beating feminist" SUBMISSIVE here. Yeah, we exist."

"So it sounds like a cis-het man problem and you should look to your own community to figure out why women don't want to submit to you."

"For instance, men appear to have very big emotions, much larger than women generally." WTF! LoL

I set the trap to bring forth the real toxicity. And you couldn't even hide it. That's why it's funny. You don't see the disdain you have. The negative feelings towards men. In general. It's sad. I posed a few questions and got exactly what I knew to reside here at the good ol cage. Y'all have a nice day.
Dom Pinnacle​(dom male)
Oh how did I miss this one.

"He clearly lacks the maturity and mental acuity for such a layered discussion. You made salient points and he had no response, people like that like to throw rocks and hide their hands."

Classic. Absolutely classic.
Vint​(masochist female)
Vint​(masochist female) • May 15, 2023
Maybe add “I like to poke hornets nests” to your profile.

As for the topic, I don’t really care. I do what I do and who I do it with because I like it and that’s enough for me.
Dom Pinnacle​(dom male)
Vint wrote:
Maybe add “I like to poke hornets nests” to your profile.

As for the topic, I don’t really care. I do what I do and who I do it with because I like it and that’s enough for me.

I prefer taking a mirror and pointing it back at the very toxic faces so they can see themselves. But I like your perspective on how you do what you do.
Vint​(masochist female)
Vint​(masochist female) • May 15, 2023
You like pointing the mirror at faces you perceive to be toxic. Everyone is toxic in some way, and you’re certainly not the exception. Pointing out flaws in another while not owning up to your own, that’s just bad manners. I have lots of bad manners but I do try to curtail those. I won’t laude either side nor will I neg either side for their perspective.
Dom Pinnacle​(dom male)
Difference is I didn't start off calling anyone in particular toxic. But they showed themselves. How bout that?
dollMaker​(dom male)
dollMaker​(dom male) • May 15, 2023
Opening Post full of toxic thoughts, views. Always useful when people out their red flags.

'Has feminism changed the submissive nature of women? Has it possibly made women much more in tune with their masculine energy than they should be?'

Since when have women had a submissive nature as a group, and not being submissive has nothing to do with masculine energy. Who gets to say what way women are, should be, not you or any other person, except women. Women have a right, to be who ever they want to be.

'Has feminism chipped away at mens masculinity to the point of making them feel obligated champion feminism? Feeling guilty about being a man?'

Misogyny much in this, as well as toxic masculinity. I support the views and aspirations (excluding that of TERFS) of women because its the right thing to do. For too long, way too long men have had too much control in womens lives. This needs to be removed fully, at all levels of society, government and in kink too. Sadly there are many currently trying to push women rights back into the 1950s, ultra religious conservatives types, dressed up under traditional values BS. These types want women back in the kitchen and in the bed room, slaves to their male oppressors. This is fact, and supporting womens rights has nothing to do with being less male, but all about being supportive and acknowledging the fight is not over, and women (i include trans women in this too) have a right to full equality, in every area of their lives.

'I believe in fairness among the sexes. But are we now experiencing toxic femininity on a high level? Just some thoughts I've had recently. Look forward to hearing your perspectives on this.'

There is no such thing, as toxic femininity, though toxic masculinity is a thing, been aware of it, had it impact on me, my whole life. Fighting for equality, is not toxic, and that fight is never going to be over while toxic ideas, rooted in historical oppression, male superiority, religious dogma, and ultra conservative ideology, misogyny is around.
djinni​(dom female){smplylaura}
“Rage farming or rage-baiting is internet slang that refers to a manipulative tactic to elicit outrage with the goal of increasing internet traffic, online engagement, revenue and support”

He’s a troll, folks… not worth your time or effort.
redpoll​(dom male)
redpoll​(dom male) • May 15, 2023
One can not properly practice a power-exchange or BDSM without practicing feminism, as what we are practicing is not a matter of force or hierarchy, but of communication and consent, made by two equal parties. Submission is self-expression. Unless the submissive partner (whether male or female) can freely give their submission in an empowered state, that submission is not fully given and therefore not true. It's not an expectation, it's not a fulfillment of purpose, it's not a role one must put on due to their gender, it's a choice, made because it is right for the person making it.

I like a 1950s dynamic as much as anyone, but you know why I can live with it and enjoy it with a partner? Because it's not being enforced by an oppressive society, it's not being enforced by me, it's a choice made by her. BDSM is not a thing of restriction, but of free expression.

If you can't recognize your partner as a person of equal standing, who is just as capable, just as intelligent, just as worthy as you, you have no right taking care of her as a submissive and you certainly would be doing a grave disservice to her if you did. Society, through all its forms of quiet violence, has limited the agency, opportunities and dignity of women for years, I'd prefer that this lifestyle I love not be used as a continuation of that patriarchal dystopia. It's a gross misunderstanding and misuse, and frankly put, you would miss all the beauty, intimacy and connection found within it due to your own toxicity and insecurity.

And - when talking of submissive nature - have you seen all the male submissives on this site? Clearly being dominant and submissive nature is a dichotomy inside us all. The secret of all oppressive systems is it harms the oppressor as well as the oppressed. Men, too, are worthy of submissive expression, it does not detract from their masculinity, it does not detract from their strength (anyone who has any experience with submission knows it is an act of incredible strength). There's a world of riches kneeling at someone's feet. We are worthy of that free expression as well.

Anyway, point is, as long as topics like this still exist on every corner of the internet - clearly, feminism hasn't gone far enough.
DeepEmbrace​(dom female)
DeepEmbrace​(dom female) • May 15, 2023
Remember you can always choose how and when to expend your energy. You don't have to always reply to everything or everyone. Doing so will wear you down and drain your energy and raise your blood pressure. But big kudos and thanks out to those who did try to engage with OP and his clickbait post.

OP is a known troll. He wanted attention and he got it. He was not seeking to have a genuine conversation or engage or learn. He was here to stir up shit. He is a prime example of why people take extended breaks from the Cage.

Only benefit to this is that 1) now newer people can clearly see him for who and what he is and what he believes, 2) maybe someone reading responses from those who took the time to try to educate this troll got some seeds planted in their own mind to examine themselves, 3) some of us got some classic "bring your popcorn" time in the forum, and 4) threads like this are great for finding new people you might want to block because you find them incompatible.

And don't come at me because, in case anybody doesn't know, I am NOT the one to bring the bullshit to... I am NOT replying to anything else on this thread or having my time wasted going back and forth with trolls and minions.

Mmmmmm.... I love notifications off almost as much as I love the block button.