Online now
Online now

Profile displaying "online" for well over 30 mins after signing off...

TexasGoodGirl​(sub female){TX Alpha's}
7 months ago • Oct 5, 2023

Profile displaying "online" for well over 30 mins

FYI....

Several times today, my profile displays as being "online" for well over 30 minutes after signing off.
(Usually, the delay time is approx. 2 - 3 minutes.)

Not sure if this is an individual profile issue or a larger issue, so I sent an e-mail to our incredible support staff.

Anyone else notice this?
Random Male​(dom male)
7 months ago • Oct 5, 2023
Random Male​(dom male) • Oct 5, 2023
I never pay enough attention. I figure if someone wants something, they can be patient. And I've usually got something way more important than just being social going on during working hours. LOL
Villanelle​(staff)
7 months ago • Oct 6, 2023
Villanelle​(staff) • Oct 6, 2023
This may happen if you have THE CAGE open on another device or page you may have overlooked. Otherwise it's a possible bug, which we can look in to.
Miki
7 months ago • Oct 6, 2023
Miki • Oct 6, 2023
I don't access this site from anything but my PC at home.

I have long noticed (and have "complained" about the 3 minute lag between signing out and showing as "offline" especially since in the past I barely move the mouse away from the "log in" button and my Inbox or Bond started blowing up.

Fortunately that's no longer the case. However, I'll check if it goes the 30 minutes mentioned above now.

Regarding "people have to be patient" if they send a message to "online" me who is anything but online but I have this thing about appearing to ignore people. I always respond to any messaging that I see or if it is sent to me even though I show as Offline -- but I don't want anyone to think I am ignoring them in these cases.. So I often write about the sign-off lag so people know that I show as Online 3 minutes after I log off.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Follow-up. Just checked. Still 3 minutes give or take a few seconds.
That still bites the proverbial pickle, but it's nothing new and as I wrote, I tell anyone who writes to me about it.