Online now
Online now

Leather Cuffs

Sololoquy
6 months ago • Oct 13, 2023

Leather Cuffs

Sololoquy • Oct 13, 2023
I'm considering leather cuffs for myself and I can't prefix my next question with enough emphasis on caution. I do self-bondage in a way that I can easily and quickly be released. Leg spreaders are never locked, one hand may be tied to an object or to my body, and I have scissors on hand to cut if need be.

So, again, huge amount of caution in mind here. I remember having a set of handcuffs years ago that were dead easy to get out of even with hands cuffed behind me. I'm considering leather cuffs because they're more comfortable, and I can still just use one cuff. The ones I'm looking at are fastened with buckles.

In your experience, is this design of handcuff easy to remove even when cuffed behind? Is there more than one way they can be removed?

For example, my leg spreaders can be disconnected either by taking the pins out of the bars, or by unclipping the cuff from the bar. With cuffs, I imagine you would need to have the dexterity and positioning to be able to unbuckle them, be able to separate the adjoining bar or unclip the cuff from the bar, or else close them loose enough to be able to squeeze the hand through. I can't entirely tell from the design what would be possible. (They're Dominix leather cuffs from LoveHoney.)

I will absolutely not cuff behind myself unless I am satisfied that I have got fully acquainted with the risks and can be assured of easy removal. If that isn't doable, then one cuff it is.
dollMaker​(dom male)
dollMaker​(dom male) • Oct 13, 2023
If you use quick release clips, and there is enough positioning ability, maybe clips on a short chain, that you can use either hand to reach the clips, those should make it safe enough, but I wouldn't lie on your back with your hands behind you, as that makes it much harder to get free if needed in a hury. Avoid thin leather cuffs, wide and padded is best to mitigate circulation issues and prevent nerve damage.

Goes without saying that solo bondage carries more risks than with someone present.
    The most loved post in topic
Sololoquy
Sololoquy • Oct 13, 2023
dollMaker wrote:
If you use quick release clips, and there is enough positioning ability, maybe clips on a short chain, that you can use either hand to reach the clips, those should make it safe enough, but I wouldn't lie on your back with your hands behind you, as that makes it much harder to get free if needed in a hury. Avoid thin leather cuffs, wide and padded is best to mitigate circulation issues and prevent nerve damage.

Goes without saying that solo bondage carries more risks than with someone present.

The ones I'm looking at are padded, so that looks promising, and I was intending to be upright.

What do you mean by quick release clips? How would they undo the buckles? Sorry, not great at visualising these things... That's a good idea having them on a chain 🤔
dollMaker​(dom male)
Sololoquy wrote:
dollMaker wrote:

The ones I'm looking at are padded, so that looks promising, and I was intending to be upright.

What do you mean by quick release clips? How would they undo the buckles? Sorry, not great at visualising these things... That's a good idea having them on a chain 🤔

Leather cuffs, normally have a D ring for securing them together, so use a quick release double Trigger Hook to attach them together. These can come with a chain with a trigger hook on each end or simply use a bit of suitable chain between two double trigger hooks.
K y i v
K y i v • Oct 13, 2023
Velcro closures.
Sololoquy
Sololoquy • Oct 13, 2023
dollMaker wrote:
Leather cuffs, normally have a D ring for securing them together, so use a quick release double Trigger Hook to attach them together. These can come with a chain with a trigger hook on each end or simply use a bit of suitable chain between two double trigger hooks.

I looked up what a double trigger hook is and it looks like the thing connecting the cuffs here:

https://www.lovehoney.co.uk/bondage/handcuffs-restraints/handcuffs/p/dominix-deluxe-leather-wrist-cuffs/a29687g49126.html

So, are these already quick release?
dollMaker​(dom male)
Sololoquy wrote:
dollMaker wrote:

I looked up what a double trigger hook is and it looks like the thing connecting the cuffs here:

https://www.lovehoney.co.uk/bondage/handcuffs-restraints/handcuffs/p/dominix-deluxe-leather-wrist-cuffs/a29687g49126.html

Yes, spring clip, requires little pressure to open them. As suggested Velcro is another option.
Sololoquy
Sololoquy • Oct 13, 2023
dollMaker wrote:
Sololoquy wrote:
dollMaker wrote:

Yes, spring clip, requires little pressure to open them. As suggested Velcro is another option.

Perfect - thank you! icon_smile.gif I will make sure I test they release reliably and easily first.
dollMaker​(dom male)
Sololoquy wrote:
dollMaker wrote:
Sololoquy wrote:
dollMaker wrote:

Perfect - thank you! icon_smile.gif I will make sure I test they release reliably and easily first.

Yes, also make sure you can reach them, and work them when on.
LordofPain56
LordofPain56 • Oct 13, 2023
You might consider nylon thread cuffs with velcro attachments. The inside of the cuffs are lined with thin, soft, comfortable material. They can be quicky detached if the sub experiences some problems with her limbs during bondage play. These are available at many sex-shop style websites and they are fairly in-expensive. (or at least they used to be)
I have the wrist-cuffs fastened to a ceiling-hook and the ankle cuffs attached to a home-made spreader-bar. Permits maximum vulnerability and helplessness. Yummy! But they can be easily detached from ceiling and spreader bar and ceiling hook and adapted to bed posts for horizontal spread-eagle bondage if desired.