Online now
Online now

What Is A Common Misconception About You?

SnowMinx​(sub female){Owned}
6 months ago • Nov 6, 2023
What about other things??
Many people in my life expect me to be stuck up or conceited, I guess based on physical appearance but I'm the opposite. If I dont feel an instant connection then I tend to be shy and keep my distance and see if they make any effort.
Byrdie​(switch female){rl only}
6 months ago • Nov 8, 2023
That based on my demographics of age, race and body shape I’m easy pickings.

I’ve been approached in person by two hilariously inept would-be con men, baffled a semi-successful pick up artist, sidestepped being roofied at least twice, and foiled an attempt to make me into an unwilling baby mama.

And this is on top of all the weird attempts online to try to convince me to do things I don’t want to do.
Lady Kat​(dom female)
Lady Kat​(dom female) • Nov 8, 2023
So ironically I am expected by new people to be submissive and afraid to get my hands dirty. I will admit, I’m usually aesthetically somewhere between a goth pinup model and the bisexual art teacher, the cover of this book will confuse most new people. It’s also somehow expected I’ll be agressive in all my interactions. I may be a giant, but I promise I’m the gentle sort.
UpFromTheAshes​(switch gender queer)
The most common misconception people seem to have of me is that I'm allistic. This leads to all sorts of other conclusions, ranging from largely benign or amusing to dangerous or harmful. Usually it's simply that I get followed around in stores by Asset Protection (because I'm often wearing sunglasses and a hat or hood). However an example of this misconception being harmful is my last therapist (worry not, readers, I eventually fired him) who treated me as though my autism were entirely imagined and therefore I did not need any kind of accommodations or different consideration during sessions. He gaslit the fuck out of me about it, to the extent that I was having weekly meltdowns because I couldn't communicate the ways he told me I should, nor identify emotions or sensations the ways he told me I should be able to, nor carry out the executive function tasks he told me I should, etc.

The most consistently annoying/funny misconception is that I'm MTF transgender
Miki
Miki • Nov 8, 2023
That I am of Japanese heritoge and old farts hold Pearl Harbor against me
Random Male​(dom male)
5 months ago • Nov 10, 2023
Random Male​(dom male) • Nov 10, 2023
I'm a Floridian. I'll just go ahead and let y'all fill in the blanks. Even more fun! Guessing which ones are true!
LordofPain56
5 months ago • Nov 11, 2023
LordofPain56 • Nov 11, 2023
Miki wrote:
That I am of Japanese heritoge and old farts hold Pearl Harbor against me

MIKI ! I didn't know you were the emperor of Japan in 1941! Besides that, I thought he was a dude! My my, you look so young in that photo for someone who is over 100 years old.
NaturallyCoffee​(other female){No}
5 months ago • Nov 12, 2023
Ppl think that I don't communicate when in fact I do. Now, I'm not speaking of effective communication because I know that I am bad at that however I do try to articulate things that I feel ppl should know about me at their different levels of standing in my life.

Moreover, I also listen to everything that I am told. No matter if it's verbal or body cues. If you tell me that I can talk to you about anything but mention in casual conversation that you believe that ppl who make attempts to unalive are stupid. I will never tell you of my attempts. If you complain to me about something another does that gets on your nerves, I will make it my business to never do that. Even though I am not great at remembering the topic of our conversation, cues of things that you do and don't like are tucked away in my mind.