Online now
Online now

Question For The Alphas Out There

I'mME
2 months ago • Mar 17, 2024
I'mME • Mar 17, 2024
MadPoet,

Lambsome did not ever use the word beta, nowhere in this thread was beta even mentioned until you wrote it. The idea of a false dichotomy assumes there are only two choices, hence the use of the word dichotomy.
She just wanted to know if someone used the word alpha to describe themselves, what that meant to them.

Now, the person who uses the word alpha, may or may not be thinking in terms of alpha/beta or they could be using it to describe their position in a household, or they could be using it for other reasons.

Perhaps you might start another forum post if you want to have a better understanding of WHY people use alpha as a descriptor.

A Master never stops learning, I'm not sure why you think that. You do realize someone can have mastered something and still learn about said something?
The one constant about living life is that it the world is always changing, No?

PS,
One could say that your thoughts on Masters is a false dichotomy.
šŸ˜ø
TwinkleEyes
TwinkleEyes • Mar 17, 2024
lambsone wrote:
Literate Lycan and ImME, I thank you also for your contributions to the thread.

Iā€™m confused why you arenā€™t thankful for everyoneā€™s opinions? Isnā€™t that what the forum is for. To talk about ideologies and learn from each other? To me that is what this lifestyle is about. Honoring other peoples opinions, even if they are different from our own. Once we start attacking others for having different thoughts and feelings on things, it doesnā€™t allow each of us to be individuals. If we cannot respect each other for having different opinions, and be thankful for opinions that are different than our own then itā€™s time for self reflection. Or to step away and regroup. Doubling down is only hurtful to ourselves.

I personally have recently started using the forum, because I know that my ideologies have kinks in them. I need opinions that are different than mine, so that I can learn and grow. Otherwise, Iā€™m gonna be sitting in the same pile of shit that I have been in the past. And thatā€™s no way to live.

Hugs! I feel you need some.
MadPoet
MadPoet • Mar 17, 2024
I'mME wrote:
MadPoet,

Lambsome did not ever use the word beta, nowhere in this thread was beta even mentioned until you wrote it. The idea of a false dichotomy assumes there are only two choices, hence the use of the word dichotomy.
She just wanted to know if someone used the word alpha to describe themselves, what that meant to them.

Now, the person who uses the word alpha, may or may not be thinking in terms of alpha/beta or they could be using it to describe their position in a household, or they could be using it for other reasons.

Perhaps you might start another forum post if you want to have a better understanding of WHY people use alpha as a descriptor.

A Master never stops learning, I'm not sure why you think that. You do realize someone can have mastered something and still learn about said something?

PS,
šŸ˜ø

Funny how I keep founding resistance to a simple response and even funnier that you need to lie in order to try to have an argument, second response to this post the first mention of beta and after that many times the word was mentioned by people who called themselves alpha.

I actually read all the responses so thereā€™s no need to gaslight anyone in order to make yourself appear to having an argument against mine rather to have an issue with me.

Not at all, when you master certain knowledge youā€™re done with it, human interactions are different therefore you never stop learning from others, ergo, not such things as masters unless you think about yourself to possess knowledge that no one else have.
MadPoet
MadPoet • Mar 17, 2024
TwinkleEyes wrote:
lambsone wrote:
Literate Lycan and ImME, I thank you also for your contributions to the thread.

Iā€™m confused why you arenā€™t thankful for everyoneā€™s opinions? Isnā€™t that what the forum is for. To talk about ideologies and learn from each other? To me that is what this lifestyle is about. Honoring other peoples opinions, even if they are different from our own. Once we start attacking others for having different thoughts and feelings on things, it doesnā€™t allow each of us to be individuals. If we cannot respect each other for having different opinions, and be thankful for opinions that are different than our own then itā€™s time for self reflection. Or to step away and regroup. Doubling down is only hurtful to ourselves.

I personally have recently started using the forum, because I know that my ideologies have kinks in them. I need opinions that are different than mine, so that I can learn and grow. Otherwise, Iā€™m gonna be sitting in the same pile of shit that I have been in the past. And thatā€™s no way to live.

Hugs! I feel you need some.

I have an answer for that but now itā€™s clear that some people here donā€™t want to be confronted by ideas that may or may not demote their sense of self, like the guy who was coward enough to use my words but not address me directly or this fierce opposition to my response that was honest and simple to understand, and honestly thatā€™s surprising considering people in this site are supposed to have open minds but so far I just found people with little to small minds with no willingness to listen.

They really need a hug or a slap!
MadPoet
MadPoet • Mar 17, 2024
I'mME wrote:
MadPoet,

PS,
šŸ˜ø

You should read the thread again before making the claim that not a single time the word ā€œbetaā€ was used before I used it.

I mean, weā€™re adults and we are supposed to have certain levels of understanding, then why you didnā€™t read everything before making the claim? or was just an attempt to discredit what I said because you didnā€™t like it or didnā€™t understand it?

Iā€™m really curious about this interaction because it discourages people from interacting if the responses are this kind and with that level of lack of understanding.
lambsone
lambsone • Mar 17, 2024
TwinkleEyes,

Several times I thanked people in this thread for their contributions, especially if they answered my original questions, because that was the point of the thread.

If they added anything to it that didn't answer the question, I did not thank them because I did not want the thread to head any further in a direction away from what I wanted to discover.

Ideally all of the other conversations should have gone into separate threads of their own because they had nothing to do with what I asked and it wasn't helpful for the original topic.

But folks decided that it was necessary to share opinions about Alphas instead. That told me nothing truthful about what Alphas thought about themselves.

So ... there was a reason to my madness.
TwinkleEyes
TwinkleEyes • Mar 17, 2024
lambsone wrote:
TwinkleEyes,

Several times I thanked people in this thread for their contributions, especially if they answered my original questions, because that was the point of the thread.

If they added anything to it that didn't answer the question, I did not thank them because I did not want the thread to head any further in a direction away from what I wanted to discover.

Ideally all of the other conversations should have gone into separate threads of their own because they had nothing to do with what I asked and it wasn't helpful for the original topic.

But folks decided that it was necessary to share opinions about Alphas instead. That told me nothing truthful about what Alphas thought about themselves.

So ... there was a reason to my madness.

I answered your original postā€¦ as SatinDragon posted a forum isnā€™t a blog. Forums are for discussion. Tying to micromanage them is trying to dominate the conversation to me. It is also being disrespectful to those who have different opinions than your own. This is an outright rejection of a basic principle to this lifestyle. Itā€™s downright rude to ask others to respect your opinion, but not respected theirs. SMH

I respect your opinion for being different than mine. I hope that someday you come to a place inside yourself to respect others opinions when they donā€™t agree with your own. Itā€™s a very peaceful place. And a place of a lot of growth.
Sir Don​(dom male)
Sir Don​(dom male) • Mar 17, 2024
@MadPoet
With what I seeing from your words, you are telling everyone that you are right and everyone else is wrong. Telling people that you used a word in this thread first " beta" . Perhaps you should reread this instead suggesting that someone else should. The first poster to this besides the op used it .
Just because you have your own self imposed title doesn't mean you can come on here and act like an asshat. Just because you disagree doesn't make you right.

Now @ lamdsone my apologies for this here
You have a legitimate topic for discussion.
Discussion about this are opinions. Not trying to prove a point.
Have a great evening
MadPoet
MadPoet • Mar 17, 2024
Sir Don wrote:
@MadPoet
With what I seeing from your words, you are telling everyone that you are right and everyone else is wrong. Telling people that you used a word in this thread first " beta" . Perhaps you should reread this instead suggesting that someone else should. The first poster to this besides the op used it .
Just because you have your own self imposed title doesn't mean you can come on here and act like an asshat. Just because you disagree doesn't make you right.

Now @ lamdsone my apologies for this here
You have a legitimate topic for discussion.
Discussion about this are opinions. Not trying to prove a point.
Have a great evening

You should re read what I said, because you got it all wrong and thatā€™s a common thing I see.

I donā€™t impose myself any titles, I leave for others who feel the need to put themselves labels and then feel offended when those labels are deconstructed by others.

If you have read the entire thread, which I doubt, youā€™ll find that the word beta was used first not by me as I specified, other user made the claim that only me have used that word and thatā€™s a blatant lie and of course I donā€™t as going to address that statement.

Just because a you canā€™t read properly or understand what other people say doesnā€™t give you the right to call me names, so use my name or donā€™t talk to me at all, itā€™s that clear?
TopekaDom​(dom male)
TopekaDom​(dom male) • Mar 17, 2024
This thing is now like a Night of the Living Thread. It is shuffling its way around the countryside, looking for brains to engage but not finding any.

Now hold on everyone and let me go get some popcorn for the second reel.