Online now
Online now

Do you block or have you been blocked?

PawPawGirl​(sub female){Azzabackam}
1 month ago • Mar 17, 2024
Once I was collared, I tried being platonic with some of the men I had met here and played with online. For those that made my Dom uncomfortable or who I felt would be too much of a temptation, I blocked. Good intentions are just that, intentions. I didn't want anything to hinder my relationship with my partner.

I would block someone who did not get the message, but have rarely had to do that.
shebakesalot​(sub female)
1 month ago • Mar 19, 2024
shebakesalot​(sub female) • Mar 19, 2024
Ignoring messages doesn't seem to work and the progression of aggressive/mean contact because I don't answer or have said no wasn't worth my sanity. So, block. No idea if I've been blocked by someone, but if I have, to each their own.
Miki
1 month ago • Mar 19, 2024
Miki • Mar 19, 2024
PawPawGirl wrote:
Once I was collared, I tried being platonic with some of the men I had met here and played with online. For those that made my Dom uncomfortable or who I felt would be too much of a temptation, I blocked. Good intentions are just that, intentions. I didn't want anything to hinder my relationship with my partner.

I would block someone who did not get the message, but have rarely had to do that.

Hmm... even "platonically"-- farting around with dudes in here or anywhere else "once collared" seldom ends well.

Out of the 6+ years I have been a member I still can count on just one hand the number of the guys who started platonic and stayed platonic. The rest of them started platonic but, by and by, there was "topic creep" and they sidled over to more saucy commentary and questions.

Fortunately almost no blocking was necessary, once they added 2 and 2, figuring out I will not budge RE "Not Available" they disappeared like farts in a storm.
That was the best overall solution. I hate having to block anyone.
A Minx
1 month ago • Mar 26, 2024
A Minx • Mar 26, 2024
I have not blocked anyone but was recently blocked by someone who was looking to cheat on his SO. He messaged me saying he was interested in my profile and asked me to please read his... well, I didn't get past the first line after seeing his Relationship Status: In a monogamous relationship.

Hmmm, well that kind of defeats the purpose here is how I see it. A monogamous relationship exists where two people date and have sex with each other exclusively, they don't share that type of connection with anyone else outside of being a couple. In a monogamous relationship there is romantic, sexual and emotional exclusivity between the two of them. So why is he here on thecage looking to hook up with another woman?

When I pointed that out to him and suggested he join a website catering to customers for paid services, he angrily answered back that I was a bitter, old and ugly woman who can't get any sex and that probably no one ever wanted me, yada yada and harrrumph! When I looked to respond I find myself blocked, LOL.

I am much better off without those kinds of people in my life, I have not blocked but jeeze Louise some on here really are as dense as a doornail. Suffice it to say, he is not brilliant, he wasn't even half interesting, he is only a lying cheat and a misery maker, so buh-bye!
Miki
Miki • Mar 26, 2024
A Minx wrote:
I have not blocked anyone but was recently blocked by someone who was looking to cheat on his SO. He messaged me saying he was interested in my profile and asked me to please read his... well, I didn't get past the first line after seeing his Relationship Status: In a monogamous relationship.

Hmmm, well that kind of defeats the purpose here is how I see it. A monogamous relationship exists where two people date and have sex with each other exclusively, they don't share that type of connection with anyone else outside of being a couple. In a monogamous relationship there is romantic, sexual and emotional exclusivity between the two of them. So why is he here on thecage looking to hook up with another woman?

When I pointed that out to him and suggested he join a website catering to customers for paid services, he angrily answered back that I was a bitter, old and ugly woman who can't get any sex and that probably no one ever wanted me, yada yada and harrrumph! When I looked to respond I find myself blocked, LOL.

I am much better off without those kinds of people in my life, I have not blocked but jeeze Louise some on here really are as dense as a doornail. Suffice it to say, he is not brilliant, he wasn't even half interesting, he is only a lying cheat and a misery maker, so buh-bye!

Good grief.

So... this joker writes and asks you to look at his profile where he indicated he is in a monogamous relationship.
Dumb and dumber...If he was angling to screw around behind his partner's back-- one would think he wouldn't indicate "monogamous"--

Well sometimes it's too much work to think. Or he got this site mixed up with Ashley Madison. (I was somewhat surprised to read that that site still exists after the brouhaha some years ago where hackers got names and emails of cheating fellas, further described as over 90% of that site's population... of course. That such sites still can operate means too many guys just don't get it... the ratio of Men Looking --married / monogamous or not) to Women looking is worse than 9:1)

But that's neither here nor there: On the upside-- you saw that and dumped his sorry ass rather than be deceived.

And I'm glad to read that his insults RE your age or appearance are all a load of frustrated crap. Nothing smells worse than frustrated Fudge.

Take care!

Last edited by * on Tue Mar 26, 2024 3:03 pm, edited 1 time in total
QuietIsNotShy​(dom male)
QuietIsNotShy​(dom male) • Mar 26, 2024
shebakesalot wrote:
Ignoring messages doesn't seem to work and the progression of aggressive/mean contact because I don't answer or have said no wasn't worth my sanity.
If you don't mind my asking, what would you say is the ratio of polite/respectful interested parties vs. the aggressive/mean parties? I've only ever pursued women, and I generally take my advice on dating women from women (as any man who says he knows how women think is either a fool or a liar). I'm curious to know how much crap women have to put up with here.

Miki wrote:
Hmm... even "platonically"-- farting around with dudes in here or anywhere else "once collared" seldom ends well.
While I'm definitely looking for the right sub for myself, I feel like part of the reason that I'm here is to meet others who are into this lifestyle and connect on something that I've known for quite a while now is important to me. I've had a few conversations with women (and men, but since I'm hetero, that's less of a hot topic) with whom I only wanted to build a friendship, or at least a sense of comraderie. I feel like it's actually gone pretty well, and I haven't seemed to creep anyone out yet. It's a shame more people can't become proficient in that kind of skill.

A Minx wrote:
Sounds like you dodged a bullet in more than one way. Sorry that he said those things, but I like that it didn't seem to affect your self-confidence. Good for you!
Master_Daddy​(dom male)
Master_Daddy​(dom male) • Mar 26, 2024
I often use the block button as a way to filter out unwanted subs. I’ve been on this site for years and when I come across a sub that does not meet my requirements or alternatively if I don’t meet hers then I will block them. This is not out of disrespect but just a way to tell me going forward that I’ve seen this profile before and I don’t need to engage with them.
UpFromTheAshes​(switch gender queer)
1 month ago • Mar 27, 2024
On this site? I have blocked nobody, and I don't know of anyone who's blocked me. Other places? I rarely block people, and I have been blocked by others occasionally. My criteria for blocking someone largely have to do with whether or not I'm able to ignore them. I have blocked one person on all social media I'm aware of his presence on, as well as his email and phone number, for obsessive behavior bordering on stalking.....but mostly it's about ignorability.

Honestly, most people that I find offensive or annoying, I really just simply ignore them
NobleRedbeard​(dom male)
NobleRedbeard​(dom male) • Mar 27, 2024
Nope. If I'm blocked, I don't know how to tell. And I'd never block someone. Even if the're beyond reasonable or downright aggressive. I like a good fight icon_smile.gif

"Don't wish it was easier. Wish you were better."

Besides, I'm of the opinion that they're just words on a screen. I know not everyone feels the same way, but it's just not something I worry about.
I'mME
I'mME • Mar 27, 2024
NobleRedbeard wrote:
Nope. If I'm blocked, I don't know how to tell. And I'd never block someone. Even if the're beyond reasonable or downright aggressive. I like a good fight icon_smile.gif

"Don't wish it was easier. Wish you were better."

Besides, I'm of the opinion that they're just words on a screen. I know not everyone feels the same way, but it's just not something I worry about.

NobleRedbeard,
True, they are words on a screen, what does that mean? Because despite what some people say, words do hurt, whether written or said in person!

It especially sucks when you talk to people online, develop some type of repoire, then the mofos use that with which to deliberately hurt a person.

The only thing that comforted me back when, was knowing they wouldn't have the balls to say these things in person.

Maybe some ppl do not have feelings, I don't know, what do you think ?