Online now
Online now

D types as mentors

TopekaDom​(dom male)
1 month ago • Apr 2, 2024
TopekaDom​(dom male) • Apr 2, 2024
I have mentored unattached s types (both male and female)

I have mentored D/s couples (both being s types and opposite sides of the collar)

I have mentored s types who are collared and or being married to people outside the lifestyle.

Now I don't go around advertising my services, I have no reason to. It's not like I am getting paid for doing it.

People have questions and want to learn. That is all.

Saying Doms should not mentor unattached s types is god damn silly.
lambsone
lambsone • Apr 2, 2024
dollMaker wrote:

"Come on, a married couple, really. There are plenty of people in non marriage relationships, even poly dynamics that could be good mentors, marriage means nothing regarding whether people would make good mentors or not."

‐-------------

Hmmmm .... so far, you are the only one in this thread that has critized a suggestion from someone.

I see this type of mentoring done all the time in different types of relationships. I have not said that it's the only way. I said it was one suggestion.

I haven't put down anyone else's suggestions or advice. I shared a legitimate option if it fits. I haven't even said that different types of lifestyles cannot mentor.

So why do you feel the need to poopoo another option for someone to consider?
TwinkleEyes
TwinkleEyes • Apr 2, 2024
I appreciate everyone who has commented. As I said it was a discussion I was having with other submissive. I could only give my view and wanted her to have others opinions. So, I posted. Neither she or I am looking for a mentor. Those self build-a-bear D types try and manipulate newbies.

All of my mentors have been females over the years. I had “Dom” telling me they were mentoring me when lines were crossed. I am very open about my opinions and set them straight.

As others have said being a mentor is a big job almost like having a D type. And I strongly believe at this point like should mentor like (as others have said). Over the years I’ve seen too many bad things out of D types mentoring submissives.

As mentioned earlier D type can develop feelings. As does a submissive. The submissive’s emotional, mental, physical, and spiritual health are my biggest concerns. As a submissive I attach to people and bond hard. I don’t believe it’s fair to a submissive to bond to a D type that is being a mentor. I also feel that a mentor and sometimes a protector interfere with a successful bonding to another D type.

I personally have a D type as a teacher. He has been teaching me now for 8 years. I am thankful he has never crossed any boundaries. Nor does he try to sway my opinion when it is different. He teaches me when I approach him on the subjects I want to learn about. Sends me to people he trusts when it isn’t something he knows.

In my home state many kinky houses take on newbies and train them submissive for a while before let loose in the physical kinky community. I feel this helpful. However I don’t feel it’s the same as actually being submissive.

Nor do I think that a couple is a good idea. I’ve seen that before and the D type had inappropriate physical actions with the submissive. Lots of drama and it almost ended a marriage.

I appreciate you cage peeps. This has been a lovely discussion.

Bella
PrimalSelf​(dom male)
3 weeks ago • Apr 10, 2024
PrimalSelf​(dom male) • Apr 10, 2024
I think it’s definitely possible, it just comes down to an open communication with one another so there is no room for frenzy or hurt or anything else my midday brain is forgetting.

It’s personal preference. Some prefer a sub mentor for a sub and a Dom mentor for a Dom. I’ve had both - and I think I’ve learned more from a sub mentor because that helps me understand a different mind than my own dominant mind.