Online now
Online now

Puppy!!

Squeedoodle​(sub trans woman){Taken}
1 week ago • Apr 19, 2024

Puppy!!

[Quick summary of the thread below: submissive folks, do you enjoy playing with human puppies, and do you consider it taking on a Topping role, or are you just enjoying playing with a cute puppy?]

I'm about 95% submissive, masochistic bottom, with a sadistic if not exactly dominant toppy side that comes out to play every once in a blue moon.

Regardless of that, when I see a puppy player, no matter where on the spectrum of kink I'm feeling that day, I wanna treat them like a real puppy. I wanna throw their ball, praise them for bringing it back, rub their tummy, maybe give em a biscuit, and then ignore them when the people are talking. I can enjoy doing that in almost any headspace, even if in that moment I'm deep in my submissive little headspace. To me it feels less like I'm topping a bottom, and more like I'm just playing with a dog. Admittedly a dog that might be kinda sexy.

I'm curious if a lot of other mostly-bottoms feel this way too, or if that just feels like topping in a scene to you and you aren't interested. Does it make a difference if it's one-on-one play, as opposed to like, going to a kinky party and someone has brought their puppy along so you play with it?

(Edit: I'm not disinterested in answers from Tops as well, I just figure there's less of a perceived "contradiction" in role there. Still, if as a Top, you feel like playing with a puppy is less Topping and more just "aw what a cute puppy," I'm interested to hear about that too!)
tallslenderguy​(other male)
1 week ago • Apr 19, 2024
i do not have experience with "pups' or pup play. i'm familiar in passing, but i am a total bottom gay guy with some sub thrown in, there is that. Here's my random thoughts/feelings about the question.

For me, "puppy" falls into the category of "role play." i want to connect with people from an open place and, to me, role play is an impediment to that, a mask, a covering. i do not feel engaged with the person if they are playing a role. i speculate that there are 'real' needs/desires behind the persons choice to play a puppy role and that playing a role is an attempt to meet those needs without actually being exposed? To me, role play is frustrating connection with that person. It feels like restricted access.

i can imagine a puppy being in either a Top or bottom sexual mode. i think of a hormonal puppy humping a leg or mounting anyone they can in unbridled hormonal lust. That's top, just immature top? But on the spectrum, i've encountered sub tops, which doesn't work with me. For me a top sub is a contradiction because i associate Top with Dom and bottom with sub, but not all people are wired like me.
    The most loved post in topic
1 week ago • Apr 20, 2024
tallslenderguy wrote:
To me, role play is frustrating connection with that person. It feels like restricted access.

I think I can see what you mean, though it's not my personal experience of roleplay. As you say, I think certain needs can be expressed (and fulfilled) through roleplay, particularly when all people involved in the scene are on the same page about why they're doing what they're doing. That's part of why prenegotiation is so important to me. It sounds silly, but I take it seriously, almost like a theater class. "What's my motivation" is not just a joke question! 😄

And sometimes, the need being pursued is simply the need to be puppy. It doesn't have to be obfuscation. Sometimes it can be very revealing of the person inside/underneath.
FlitterFly​(sub female)
1 week ago • Apr 23, 2024
FlitterFly​(sub female) • Apr 23, 2024
Hell my favorite squeedoodle...
I know absolutely nothing about puppy play.
And basically know nothing about pet play at all.
I do know that at one point, there was a chat room for pets and handlers.
I was never able to go in.
I was to have a handler from what i was told.
So I'm not certain if it's still there or not, truthfully.
But if it helps any, I have a little who has a kitty.
Her kitty when it comes out has only ever wanted what normal caties want.
To be loved, cuddled, and the occasional fiesty things caties do.
Hope you find your answers.
I myself would love to learn more on pet play.
But have not evolved in that direction thus far.
Thank You...
FlitterFly wrote:
I have a little who has a kitty.
Her kitty when it comes out has only ever wanted what normal caties want.
To be loved, cuddled, and the occasional fiesty things caties do.

Cute! ^_^

I like to say I'm a cat who was raised by dogs. Dunno if you've ever seen that video that made the rounds a few years ago, of a kitten that was raised by a family with huskies, so the cat learned to model its behavior off dogs, and basically thought it was a dog. It's the cutest thing ever. 🥰

Anyway yeah, I'm soft and quiet like a cat, but also bouncy and excitable like a doggy when given the right incentive.

That was all kinda off topic but whatever! Point is pet play is fun and has a wide variety of styles and kinds of expression, whether one is the pet or the handler! ^_^
simplylaura​(sub female){djinni}
I'm a dog person. Like, a big one (currently sharing a bed with the Boss, 5 dogs, and a cat who thinks she's a dog). In addition to fur puppies I love skin puppies too. I hang out with a bunch of queer leatherpeople and there are many pups among the group. I don't consider myself a handler, but I definitely love petting them and giving them attention. I totally relate with what you said, Squeedoodle, about being able to engage with them in any headspace. It's amazing how a human can absolutely embody the spirit of a puppy.
simplylaura wrote:
It's amazing how a human can absolutely embody the spirit of a puppy.

Eeeeeee yes! I feel that. Also yeah, I've met a lot of leather pups in various queer friend groups. Seems to be a bit of correlation there! 😄

Thanks for your response!