Online now
Online now

Improving all aspects of Submission

tictackid​(sub female)
2 weeks ago • Jun 6, 2024

Improving all aspects of Submission

tictackid​(sub female) • Jun 6, 2024
New submissive and always willing to listen and learn, and hear experiences from others. Open to discussing how and what to improve on as well as being able to improve my communication as well. Emotions, boundaries, sexual acts, tips, let’s talk and discuss how to just overall improve as people in this community.
MisterAshmodai​(dom male)
MisterAshmodai​(dom male) • Jun 6, 2024
Work on your ability to communicate, set and hold to boundaries, and introspecting who you are and what you want out of a dynamic.

Everything else is dessert. Dessert is great, but subjective. Find someone with appealing desserts who likes the desserts you have, then start eating each other.
    The most loved post in topic
tallslenderguy​(other male)
As i see it, Dom is on the other side of the sub coin. Not a perfect analogy, but i'm not confident there is such a thing as perfection?

i appreciate what MisterAshmodai writes. i believe one of the first priorities of relationship is 'know thy self,' so i heartily agree with a living practice of
introspection. i believe introspection alone cannot give us an accurate picture of our self, that that too can be subjective. i believe a pursuit and practice of listening and looking to/at those we are in relationship with can give us more self knowledge, because we also see our self reflected in relationship with others. But i think there is no such thing as perfect, so our self reflection and the reflection of others will never give us a perfect reflection... holistically speaking. So adding and exercising stuff like grace and forgiveness helps address our imperfections and deal with the imperfections of those we are in relationship with.

i don't think this is solely for subs though, i think part of sustainable relationship means all sides of the coin understands and practices and ever pursues self knowledge, openness/transparencty/communication, grace, forgiveness (to me those are elements of 'love').

i think another important factor for either side is compatibility. i don't believe submission or Dominance is generic, so all the above mentioned aides us in identifying our compatibility with another (or lack of the same), and whether or not we have enough connecting or bonding places to sustain relationship. For me, relationship is about symbiosis, not quid pro quo.