Online now
Online now

Jeeze

Kelpi
22 hours ago • Oct 15, 2024
Kelpi • Oct 15, 2024
Baby Love your right there seems to be more fakes out there than real ones now. At one time that was not true but since we have changed what a woman is and what a man is the real Doms seem to have .... uh .... like passport bros gone their way. They get tired of trying to find someone in the US who is real and looking for long term not just a sugar daddy.

I do not have any idea how many times I have talked with subs who in the first ten minutes of chat have asked what did I do for work and how much I made. Well I will tell you but when I get to know you and if I find we are going to be long term. Personally I long for someone to share my life with sub or not. I am not going to just collar someone who say "I'm a sub take me". I want long term not right now. So why is it harder now to find it than it was 20 years ago?
Rianai​(dom agender)
18 hours ago • Oct 15, 2024
Rianai​(dom agender) • Oct 15, 2024
TopekaDom wrote:
Do you know the amount of time and effort it takes to come across as a fake dom?

My god it is exausting

So exhausting you missed the "h'. Rookie mistakes give you away I'm afraid.

I think the greater danger is the ones who appear genuine. One of the most damaging predators I've ever encountered could fool most people until you looked into their claims. They could regurgitate quotes and statistics ftom all the well known names but couldn't display any actual understanding or application. Online though she could appear as competent as any true Dominant.

We focus so much on the jumped up twerp instadoms we forget the chameleons are just as bad...if not worse because they foster connections to abuse others.
Miki​(masochist female)
18 hours ago • Oct 15, 2024
Miki​(masochist female) • Oct 15, 2024
Rianai wrote:
TopekaDom wrote:
Do you know the amount of time and effort it takes to come across as a fake dom?

My god it is exausting

So exhausting you missed the "h'. Rookie mistakes give you away I'm afraid.

I think the greater danger is the ones who appear genuine. One of the most damaging predators I've ever encountered could fool most people until you looked into their claims. They could regurgitate quotes and statistics ftom all the well known names but couldn't display any actual understanding or application. Online though she could appear as competent as any true Dominant.

We focus so much on the jumped up twerp instadoms we forget the chameleons are just as bad...if not worse because they foster connections to abuse others.

Ouch! Topeka's missing "h" was quite likely a typo. Not being a hard ass but those don't give anything away except maybe one who isn't entirely faithful to the chore of proofreading, kind of like in your post:

"...They could regurgitate quotes and statistics ftom all the well known names..

" No T in "from" Maybe a rookie mistake but I don't see it as giving anything away

icon_biggrin.gif
--------------------------------------------------------------
But as to the topic: My deal-breaker about online connections with the endgame involving ""Come meet my meat"-- The vast majority of those are "as-advertised" --BUT one never knows what exactly lies on the other end of the "line".

All the photos, selfies, and references in the world don't mean the fella on the other side of the connection could be a latter day Ted Bundy.

I'm sorry, so not worth the risk in that of all the dudes I could come across anywhere on any site it takes only one to totally ruin my day-- to put it mildly.
TopekaDom​(dom male)
12 hours ago • Oct 15, 2024
TopekaDom​(dom male) • Oct 15, 2024
Rianai wrote:
So exhausting you missed the "h'.

AHA!

You fell into my TRAP!

<twirls moustache in so menacingly way>
MisterAshmodai​(dom male)
50 minutes ago • Oct 15, 2024
MisterAshmodai​(dom male) • Oct 15, 2024
I have noticed an abundance of intentionally fake participants across all spectrums and motivations (whether that be taking money from the desperate or ignorant, trying to get out of having to deal with the convoluted life things the rest of us struggle with, or simply getting their rocks off), and they are an obvious stain on the community and lifestyle as a whole.

However, another rising element I have come across, potentially even more than those who try to game the system intentionally, are those who come in with primarily good intentions, but just don't know how to start or what is reasonable to look for. It is no secret that the most accessible portrayals of kink range from not-great to outright destructive in their messages, and this is the likeliest reason many legitimately interested parties enter the field with an imminent black mark just waiting to be recognized.
It is also worth noting that, partially due to its fairly word-of-mouth dissemination and philosophical qualification, the kink community's recognized authorities, varied as they are, may not always provide the healthiest interpretations of our communal best practices. Pairing this with how often their community-within-a-community may be touted as the go-to for higher learning, it is no wonder that neophytes may get off to a rocky (and potentially precipitous) start.

My point is that, while it may seem like the community is overrun by those with nefarious intent, keep in mind that some may simply be victims of an imperfect system. The kink community, like any other social creation, has always had hiccups, and as it grows in visibility and ensuing popularity, these hiccups will become more pronounced. It is important for all of us involved to do what we can to not only spread awareness, but to check and balance the validity of how and what sort of awareness we are spreading.