Online now
Online now

Collaring Practices and Ceremonies

DoseofCam​(sub female){Collared}
1 month ago • Aug 21, 2024

Collaring Practices and Ceremonies

Collaring is a deeply personal and varied practice within the BDSM community, and I’m curious to hear about your experiences and perspectives. While some people have formal collaring ceremonies, others may approach it differently or even opt for a more understated or personal experience.

What does the process of collaring mean to you, and how does it differ from person to person?
Have you participated in or witnessed a collaring ceremony? If so, what was that experience like? Do you think ceremonies are a common or essential aspect of collaring?
For those who have been collared, how did your collaring experience differ from a ceremonial or traditional approach?
What are your favorite types of collars or styles, and what do they symbolize for you?

Feel free to share your thoughts, stories, and preferences!
I can start!

When I was first collared, it wasn’t a formal or ceremonial event, but it was still incredibly special to me. It felt deeply meaningful in its own way. Later, when I received my eternal collar, it was like a dream come true—I felt like the happiest babygirl in the world! 😊

One thing I’ve found challenging is that I often have to base my whole style around the collar. But honestly, it’s not all bad because it means more SHOPPING !🛍️

One day I would love to see a collaring ceremony.
TopekaDom​(dom male)
TopekaDom​(dom male) • Aug 21, 2024
Full blown ceremonies for collarings were a big thing back in the day. I was present at a few and purposely excluded from one.

The reason I was walled out from that one was because I was the real time Mentor to the submissive and the Dom was not happy about it. It wasn't like I told her not to due it, but he decided to do an end run around me and said he was going to collar her. He set up the affair with the people who ran the group we were all a part of, and then had them assign me the host of the hospitality room during the ceremony. Course everyone was at the party in the big room, so there wasn't really anyone to host.

At a totally different occasion, I was able to attend a collaring for a friend of mine. Not being part of the "wedding" party, I did score a front seat to watch the whole show. Kneeling, Dom making vows of protection, ownership, and all the things Dom like. Then came the actual locking of the collar and then bending the submissive friend of mine over a footstool.

The Dom lifted her skirt and heated a small metal rod. At the end of the rod was a small symbol of their own creation. When it was hot enough, he branded her right on the ass.

I never saw a bunch of people go green so fast.

That smell is something I will never forget.
    The most loved post in topic
loyaldabbyredsubgirl​(sub female){NotSeeking}
I find myself waiting for a proper collaring ceremony but it feels like I have to plan it myself too much I would love to do it with a group but really haven't found much, I'm a brat so there is deviance in the dynamic, to mitigate this I have been considering a "consideration collar" until a proper ceremony.
Sincorrigible​(sub female)
Sincorrigible​(sub female) • Aug 21, 2024
TopekaDom wrote:
Full blown ceremonies for collarings were a big thing back in the day. I was present at a few and purposely excluded from one.

The reason I was walled out from that one was because I was the real time Mentor to the submissive and the Dom was not happy about it. It wasn't like I told her not to due it, but he decided to do an end run around me and said he was going to collar her. He set up the affair with the people who ran the group we were all a part of, and then had them assign me the host of the hospitality room during the ceremony. Course everyone was at the party in the big room, so there wasn't really anyone to host.

At a totally different occasion, I was able to attend a collaring for a friend of mine. Not being part of the "wedding" party, I did score a front seat to watch the whole show. Kneeling, Dom making vows of protection, ownership, and all the things Dom like. Then came the actual locking of the collar and then bending the submissive friend of mine over a footstool.

The Dom lifted her skirt and heated a small metal rod. At the end of the rod was a small symbol of their own creation. When it was hot enough, he branded her right on the ass.

I never saw a bunch of people go green so fast.

That smell is something I will never forget.

Just out of interest, did those relationships endure?
TopekaDom​(dom male)
TopekaDom​(dom male) • Aug 21, 2024
Sincorrigible wrote:

The last I heard yes.

The former put me on block years ago on fet, but I see mutual friends still mention them from time to time.

The latter, I lost touch with but last I heard they are still together.
Sincorrigible​(sub female)
Sincorrigible​(sub female) • Aug 21, 2024
TopekaDom wrote:
Sincorrigible wrote:

The last I heard yes.

The former put me on block years ago on fet, but I see mutual friends still mention them from time to time.

The latter, I lost touch with but last I heard they are still together.

❤️😊
bdsamworld​(sub female){collared}
My first collar was given to me as a present and completely unexpected. There wasn't really a ceremony, but I did kneel so he could put it on me. While his wife was all giddy next to him. ( I was the third in the poly situation). Second collar of my life was unexpected timing, but more special. I love the collar and makes me feel close.

I used to always think I wanted some big "fancy" collaring ceremony, like the ones I used to attend *cough18yrsagocough* but I enjoy the intimacy more.
Sweet Minx​(sub female){NotLooking}
DoseofCam wrote:
I can start!

When I was first collared, it wasn’t a formal or ceremonial event, but it was still incredibly special to me. It felt deeply meaningful in its own way. Later, when I received my eternal collar, it was like a dream come true—I felt like the happiest babygirl in the world! 😊

One thing I’ve found challenging is that I often have to base my whole style around the collar. But honestly, it’s not all bad because it means more SHOPPING !🛍️

One day I would love to see a collaring ceremony.

May I ask why you have to base your style and how you dress around a collar? Is that just personal preference or a deeper meaning?
1 month ago • Aug 22, 2024
Sweet Minx wrote:

May I ask why you have to base your style and how you dress around a collar? Is that just personal preference or a deeper meaning?

Personal preference! (I also get an excuse to go to the mall and try on clothes🤭😅)