Online now
Online now

Would you stay or would you go

Bunnie
5 years ago • Nov 21, 2018

Would you stay or would you go

Bunnie • Nov 21, 2018
If you were here to find someone for a relationship, and found what you were looking for... and were able to have that in-person... would you disconnect from your online communities or no? If yes, why? If no, why?
DrWakko
DrWakko • Nov 21, 2018
I would stay connected to a few close people. I would probably log in from time to time to say hi, but my life would be away from the computer.
HuntertheYeenQueen​(dom femme){Allie Kat}
Not unless, for some good reason, we decided that the online wasn't necessary or was detrimental to our relationship.

Wolfy and I met online, in a forum/chat. Stayed there for a long time after getting together. Stepped away as we got married cause I had bad experiences (People being mad and jealous that I "stole him away"), and we were just... happy to finally be living together, so we didnt have time for it. And now, still married, we're here.

I feel like, as long as you're not ignoring your partner for others, or spending all the time you could/should be spending with them, on online communities, there isnt any harm. I pretty much dont come on here while we are actually together, save for maybe checking messages. Once in a while if we're just watching TV or not doing something actually together, we'll be on. But we don't let the site get between us. And that is what is most important.
    The most loved post in topic
alawey​(sub female){(OWNED BY }
I agree with dark fox and wakko.
And you might ask how i can do both. Along with wait....alawey your always here.
Well:
1 . i am always here, i never sign out. Doesnt mean im really here now does it?
2. Most the time im really here it is ealry morning. Just waking up and its like my little thing coffee smoke check cage. Well wolf does his morning thing.
3. I may bounce into chat but unless its late into the eveing and wolfs in bed for work the next day . i havent been in chat i think for longer than 20 minutes.( if even that long at one time)
curiouskittyy​(sub female){GentlemanX}
Personally, I think of Cage as an online community, support system and learning centre. I come here mostly to read the blogs, participate in chat and forums with the friends I’ve made, and pick up advice and tips from those far more experienced than myself. I do not think of it as a place to necessarily meet someone ... if I do then that’s a bonus, but I am realistic and I know I’m fussy. I also think there are probably better ways of meeting someone (unless you are after online only).

I guess because I’m single, I am currently on more. Whereas, if I were with someone than I’d like to think I’d be more preoccupied. Perhaps the Dom I end up with may also restrict my usage (who knows). But, I’d still come on here for the same reasons I already do .. online community (friends), blogs and knowledge. I also can’t see me abandoning my friends, the same way I wouldn’t ditch my vanilla friends when I meet a guy. Yes, you tend to spend less time with them .. but you still make an effort to keep in touch and hang out when you’re free and able to do so. Everyone needs a support system.
CrimsonPaw
CrimsonPaw • Nov 21, 2018
I stay, but I engage less. I learn a lot from here so I would mainly stick to forums and blogs.
FabSeverus​(dom male)
FabSeverus​(dom male) • Nov 21, 2018
if you get married, will you disconnect with your friends?
Same here, why would you burn bridges and turn your back on, maybe, people who helped you, listen to you when needed, had some good chat.
Unless your Dom asked you to, but that would be a serious control decision? You dont have to message anybody but still could participate in forum or even blogs.?
MasterBear​(other butch)
MasterBear​(other butch) • Nov 21, 2018
No.

Online can still answer questions, provide support, ect...

I would also ask-

Stop talking to friends?
Stop going to family functions?
Stop talking with co workers?

It was addressed if this is a requirement from the D type.

If so.

Run baby run
Stilgar​(dom male)
Stilgar​(dom male) • Nov 21, 2018
I will stay for the friendships forged. For additional instruction and meeting new friends .
Onlinedomguy​(dom male)
5 years ago • Nov 22, 2018
Onlinedomguy​(dom male) • Nov 22, 2018
For me, I have met some really interesting people besides connecting with a new sub. I am enjoying the conversations and also reading various comments and blogs. Right now I would stay, but for me it's because of the people I have connected with.