Online now
Online now

Health

HGB​(sub female){Scottish M}
4 years ago • May 13, 2019

Health

This is for both Dom's and sub's, really anyone. Would you enter a relationship with someone who had health issues? Nothing contagious. Nothing brought on from bad behavior(unless specified), just life or born that way. Some examples
Heart disease where genetic line has not lived past 50
Liver disease
Kidney failure no option of dialysis or transplant
Tumors
Compromised immune systems
Alzheimer's, history of
Epilepsy
Diabetes type I or II
Cancer from work environment or personal reasons
COPD from work environment or personal reasons

Would you bother talking to them to get to know them? Would you go to extreme and take care of them and forget about your self? Could you handle knowing they have a limited time here? Would it be different if there was 5 years, 10 years, 20 years? Would you be able to accept if they didn't want to suffer in the end and go out on there own terms? What if you fell in love with them before knowing about there health would your feelings change? Would you be mad? Would you end it? What if newly into it something came up would you stay? What if they said "were over I can't put you through this illness." Are they not forcing there will on you when you just might accept it and be ok with whatever happens. I really want to hear what people think. No answer is wrong. It's all personal. And honestly not telling the truth makes those who have a problem question what people think.

As always too if your afraid or uncomfortable responding here you can message me privately. I can post your response anonymously.

I look forward to all responses and I really don't want to see any bashing of any kind. It's all personal, you don't know what others have been through already. Some may have already filled there grief bank up and not able to deal with any more. So please be polite.
I'm asking for a friend. My health is ok. I have a few friends who have health issues.
ZaftigV​(switch female){sub matt}
I have a lovie friend who has SMA type 3. He’s been in a wheelchair since the age of 13. I love him and would do wherever he needed. Our connection is far beyond the physical and I would do whatever need be to be there for him.
Love is love... there are no physical limits for me.
alawey​(sub female){(OWNED BY }
I can only speak for myself. Buut i think if both parties are open and talk about the issue at hand . then u can make a good chioce for you. But if it is hidden and not talked about that is an issue to me. We are always talking abouy how important it is to be honest and open when talking with our partner or one that is on the way to being one.

As for me, i have stated before even without kink involved ( due to any reasn) i would be with WOLF.

And yes i have dated in the vanilla wortld and have even lived with ppl who had health or mental issues . and the relationship didnt end because of those issues.
MissBonnie​(dom female){oz}
I tend to love my partners and take a love first, kink second approach with them. Love is love! if health robs us of time or play, of course I'd be upset but to not even try, if you feel you love someone, is still going to hurt. You have to follow your heart.
I'd still be with my current partner/s regardless if kink had to stop due to health reasons.
RE: would I consider a partner with issues? of course, if there is a connection.
Bunnie
4 years ago • May 14, 2019
Bunnie • May 14, 2019
I look forward to hearing from first hand experience, as I think this is a very important and realistic aspect of this lifestyle, and can affect those involved in the dynamic greatly.
NoOneofConsequence​(dom male){Taken}
4 years ago • May 14, 2019
Well, I wrote about me in your blog post of the same subject.

What I didn't write about as yet...

I had mentioned in one of my blogs that Love was on the nymphomania side of the spectrum. Which was a good thing since I am afflicted with satyrnalia (or in the more modern phrasing, "sex addiction").

However, life, as it usually does, did get in the way.

There were issues with ovarian cysts and, the much more painful, ruptured ovarian cysts. There was a full hysterectomy. But, each of those we recovered from and went right back to mad, passionate... I almost said "rodeo sex," but it lasted way longer than eight seconds. (More like eight hours when we had the chance.)

However!

However, Love had her left knee blown out by a shotgun blast way back in 73. Rather than doing the smart thing and amputating, due to the pendulum swing from so many Vets returning with lost limbs, they "saved" the leg (for some values of the term). It was a mass of scar tissue, skin grafts, vein grafts, metal plates, and nerve damage.

It also radically affected her gait as she largely set about proving that injuries, wounds, and illness (osteomylitis) don't have to rule you more than you are willing to allow them to. And eventually that altered gait caused her vertebrae to rub a hole in her spinal cord, leaking out spinal fluid.

The last few years of her life, there were exactly three places I could touch her as everywhere else was numb or caused her pain; the crown of her head, her left cheek, and between her shoulder blades. The last time we attempted any sort of sexual intimacy ended with me holding her for a half hour as she cried because she wanted to, but physically could not anymore as I reassured her that it did not matter, that she was still the woman who had taught me how to love and be loved, the woman I named Love.

She died two months later. On her death certificate, the cause of death is listed as "unknown." She had fought a lifetime of battles. Osteomylitis. A brain mass. Heart disease. ... They don't know which was the final straw.

Any road, my long-winded and rambling point is that I've been down that road. It didn't slow me down from getting to know her, from falling in love with her, from loving her as best I could figure out how until the very end and after. The thing is... I don't know that it required any particular strength on my part. I just was. Just existed. Just let myself be caught in the current of Love.
    The most loved post in topic
4 years ago • May 15, 2019
This was s hgated with me elsewhere.

Personally, I have a health condition that I was very upfront with my Sir about because I've had exs leave me over it.
They didnt want the responsibility if things were to get bad.
Sir didnt hesitate to take on the responsibility and to start educating himself on my condition and how he could help. He's strict on me about things that impact my health. I see it as an honor that he would take that on and if for some reason the tables turn I will gladly take care of him.
4 years ago • May 15, 2019
This is from a close friend.

This one really hits home. Unfortunately I've lived through this. I believe that when you love someone you do so unconditionally. That none of us know what the future holds for us, even people in perfectly good health die everyday through no fault of their own. When my girlfriend was diagnosed she was told she had a 50% chance of living 5 years, unfortunately she only made it two months. I wish we would have had more time to complete stuff on her bucket list and I am grateful for every second I got to spend with her. I believe with love, communication, compromise, and understanding that there are ways to remain true to our lifestyle even when your partner is sick.

Would I do it again? And what if I knew that person was sick before I got involved with them would I?

Yes without a doubt. I'll leave you with this not my words with something I truly believe in.

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all. Prov. Love is such an important experience that even the pain of losing someone you love is better than not having loved that person. (A line from Alfred Lord Tennyson's poem, "In Memoriam A. H. H.")