Online now
Online now

What's in a name

Sunnie​(sub female)
4 years ago • Jul 27, 2019

What's in a name

Sunnie​(sub female) • Jul 27, 2019
I am extremely curious and hope some can share their thoughts? I'm not sure why I never looked in depth before. Don't get me wrong I love them, I just like to know and understand people's thought process. (Sorry, it's one of my traits, I have to understand things)

What are your naming conventions? How do you decide what your sub's name should be? Do you keep it only behind closed doors, or is it shared publicly?

Does it match your sub's personality and the person they are? Is it unique and special to you and does your sub get a saying if they don't like it?

Ok, sorry for the million questions lol. Please share your thoughts, stories and opinions. I would love to hear them. Thank you.
No Body​(dom male)
4 years ago • Jul 28, 2019
No Body​(dom male) • Jul 28, 2019
I have always said the dumbest question ever heard was the one unsaid. I will answer any question put to me even when it is a no comment. My love has given me the nickname By (short for Byron} I call her Buns ( she has some big buns and they bounce when she walks). It is something I call her at home but away it is love or babe.We have yet to find a sub so that is as far as I can go with this.
Azzabackam​(switch male){PawPawGirl}
I've always just let pet names and the like develop naturally as I get to know a partner. I had a sub call me her Dragon because of something highly specific to us that happened. Since consent and communication are so important to me in a relationship, then my partners definitely get a say in whether or not a name is used.
Low{BLK OWND}
Low{BLK OWND} • Jul 28, 2019
Yes ours developed naturally
Sir I call BD which came from his email addy that has the phrase Big Dawg in it
Me he calls sexy
I call my self Low on line it just kinda fit me and in most of our sessions I am below him or under him.
But a think because they came naturally they work very well
djinni​(dom female){smplylaura}
(i copied this from a precious forum post i made, lots of replies about names if you want to read them....
https://thecage.co/phpBB/viewtopic.php?p=6509&highlight=#6509 )

“A djinn is a desert spirit, the kind that comes out of oil lamps and grants you wishes. Djinni is actually the plural, but nobody knows that, and it makes a better name than djinn.”

And of course he then added:
“I named you that because you grant wishes when I rub you.” ... He's a mess.

Since it's pronounced "jeannie" he uses it all the time... He rarely uses my given name, though as he introduces me to people, he will have to. We are very big on pet names too... so there is a whole lot of honey, sweetie, my love going on in our life. I do often call him by his given name, but i'm southern so calling someone Sir is as natural as breathing for me... so "Yes Sir" in a sweet southern accent doesn't usually raise any eyebrows.
    The most loved post in topic
Sunnie​(sub female)
4 years ago • Jul 30, 2019
Sunnie​(sub female) • Jul 30, 2019
Thank you all for sharing your thoughts and stories. I appreciate it.😊