Online now
Online now

Watsapp or google hang out.

Justme26
4 years ago • Oct 15, 2019

Watsapp or google hang out.

Justme26 • Oct 15, 2019
I suppose I am going to look silly and nieve for asking but: I am talking online to a girl, she wants me to go onto Watsapp or Google hang out (Whatsapp seems to be free to download from the App store) but should I take this as a good sign or might she be trying to lead me into some kind of pay to play thing.

Any and all advice gratefully received, please excuse spelling.
Cimky​(dom female)
Cimky​(dom female) • Oct 15, 2019
both just make communication easier WhatsApp is one of the biggest instant msg apps available that allows for video chat as well as all other media forms its free and always will be the only downside is your nr is then visible but if you already shared that info then its not an issue, google hangouts is on your google account if you open your google mail in a google browser, not in an email app you will see it on the side of the screen but there is also an app to make the process more accessible again also a free app. The question should rather be why you have not negotiated the terms of your relationship with this person yet? why do you ask strangers answers to questions that you should ask her?

something some guys really need to learn is to use their common sense. don't think with your dick and you should be fine
Sadistdaddy89​(dom male)
Sadistdaddy89​(dom male) • Oct 15, 2019
I find hangouts easier to use on my new phone but my old phone was easier on watsap so that's the only reason I have a preference here
SchrodingersDinosaur​(switch female)
I think I caught a bit of an underlying question there that some of the other responders did not quite cover....

Yes, as stated both WhatsApp and Hangouts are just other communication platforms, like Skype, kik (for now, kik may possibly be shutting down), Discord, Viber, and lord knows how many others. Each has it's own applicabilities so it's a matter of figuring out which serves your needs best. Many people have one or two that are the preferred format that they are comfortable and familiar with.

There's no need to be rude to someone asking a legitimate question about an area they aren't familiar with. That is what our Forum is for, no? I know personally that I don't know everything, haven't yet run across anyone here who holds all the knowledge of the Universe either. Doesn't sound like what he's asking is really in negotiable space to me, it's background knowledge.

The bit I think that hasn't been touched yet was the 'is this a scam' angle. There's been quite a bit of discussion recently around pay for play, scammers, and red flags. We frequently advise newbie subs to be cautious with the folks that push to take communication off platform. It can be, but certainly isn't always, an attempt to separate prey from the protection of the pack.

I can't answer that for you in this case, Justme. It is true that the scammer types do usually attempt to get additional info quickly from the rook, but there are also people that just prefer other platforms to chatting on Cage. I don't think her request was creepy or anything and sort of a good sign in that it means she'd like to talk more with you. Up to you to decide what you are comfortable with.

Not saying my way is any better than anyone else's, but the way I handle off platform contact is that except in very rare cases I have to get to know someone a bit chatting here in Cage, either emails or Bond, before I'll entertain another platform. Truthfully I don't see the need if we are only having friendly text based chat. Cage is totally adequate for that. If something progresses beyond text and I'm thinking voice or possibly even vid is a reasonable next step then I discuss going to one of the other fairly anonymous setups (I personally prefer kik, Hangouts, and occasionally Skype). In the event it progresses smoothly I might entertain phone numbers or email exchange, but for me that is really really few and far between.

I know I'm a bit privacy-centric. Lots of other folks are more comfortable with deets exchange but it's a matter of deciding what's comfortable for you, you know?

Good luck in the search, Justme!
-Henna
    The most loved post in topic
Justme26
Justme26 • Oct 15, 2019
@cimky: Did not really think there was any need for all that, but thanks anyway.

Every one ells, thanks for your advice.
ThirtyFourPointFive
4 years ago • Oct 16, 2019
ThirtyFourPointFive • Oct 16, 2019
I have friends in China, Indonesia and Taiwan and WeChat and WhatsApp are the preferred chatting platform. You will always have scammers. I also Skype and even though I have highlighted the " Only receive calls from people in my Contacts", I get about 3 unsolicited calls a day. You will learn to recognize the ones who are not real. If her profile picture belongs with Hugh at the Playboy Mansion instead of on a messaging app calling random males, just delete her. But the best rule of thumb is to never give money to anyone of which you do not have Carnal Knowledge. You do that and the odds of being scammed are very low.