Online now
Online now

Self-care rituals

Bunnie
4 years ago • Jan 8, 2020

Self-care rituals

Bunnie • Jan 8, 2020
If you’re allowed to share, what type of self-care do you as a submissive do for your Dominant (whichever way your / is gendered)?

Specific lotions?
Hair?
No hair?
Specific scents?
Nail colours?
Hair length/colour?
Weight management? (Please don’t attack people if this is part of their dynamic... we all have our preferences).

I once read of a ritual where it was necessary for the slaves to bathe and shave themselves, then lather their skin in scented oils that had been specifically chosen by their Master. A lot of this was seen as an old tradition, passed on from historical times.

Do you follow anything like this? Or Dominants, do you have your submissive/slave follow any type of ritualistic self-care for your satisfaction?
alawey​(sub female){(OWNED BY }
Hey SHS .
As far as for things that are self care things . i have a few, remember my telling u about a daily mirror thing every morning? Thats one because it helps me there fore my actions due to it please him.

My hair and hair color is another . no cutti ng it or coloring it with out his ok on both.

There are a few more but those are the ones i can discuss openly.
Hugs
SweetSirRendering​(sub female)
I LOVE THIS QUESTION!

i start with a fresh mani and pedi i do myself. sometimes He has specific requests for a color, otherwise i surprise Him. i put extra care into my polish and the extra flourishes and accents i add.
i have an especially lovely time doing this with nail art tools He gifts me.

i then prep to ensure all options are available for fun sanitary play

shower time! in a steaming hot shower most cannot stand, i add droplets of L'Occitane almond into my argon oil shampoo and then liberally apply conditioner which i leave on as i exfoliate scrub every inch and then shave, arms, legs, and the rest. i follow this with my Lush brand Scrubee body butter (honey, cocoa and shea butter) all over. this makes my skin feel like satin.

i wash my face and use a sugar scrub on my lips

i rinse my hair and smooth a small amount of my body butter through my hair and a dab on my lips.

i rinse for 2 minutes in icy cold water from head to toe.

then i dry off and apply my makeup and prepare my hair. my hair does not get too much attention as i will set it how He wishes when i arrive. i walk into mists of perfume (current favorites are nest- black tulip and flower bomb - nectar).

i dress carefully and pack my additional wardrobe options from which i think He will like to choose.

when i get to His room i immediately go into His bathroom to do my hair as He requests that evening. i use whatever hair baubles He wants or i choose what i think He will like, often checking with Him after i make each choice. i dress in whichever pretty thing He selects from those i present Him with.

at that time i emerge and He inspects His toy icon_smile.gif and greets me ☺️; unless we are going out first, in which case, i alter my hair and clothing when we return. while getting ready, i am not to speak and definitely not to sing any country music (He hates it) until i complete my preparations and present myself at which time i am still not to sing any country. now don’t think country is something i find myself singing often, but He is from scotland and i am from the south (USA). He doesn’t have an appreciation for that country twangin sound... so i would never ever ever sing it loudly in his presence hehehehehe (okay maybe sometimes) 🙃 unless i wanted trouble icon_wink.gif.

as far as hair length, we both prefer my hair short but have enjoyed me growing it to below my bra strap for now as my hair has been short for the decade we have been together. we will have it cut again soon as i have worn it short for most of my life. the color is always His choice; the favorite being red. we are playing with blonde “my sheep’s clothing” right now.

as far as my weight, we both have a preference and i have an exercise routine.

i love putting the effort into all these little details as an expression of love and appreciation for all the time and thought He puts into my care.
    The most loved post in topic
p.s. my country comments are just for levity icon_wink.gif

thanks for asking this question bunnie! i appreciate the rituals and “old fashioned” ways with many aspects of my dreamy relationship with my D. it would be wonderful to see more of this
Bunnie
Bunnie • Jan 8, 2020
“ i love putting the effort into all these little details as an expression of love and appreciation for all the time and thought He puts into my care.”

@ SweetSirRendering,

I agree!
Thank you for sharing. I love how obvious it is that you enjoy doing this, and your routine sounds delicious!
It sounds like you’ve developed a perfect balance of knowing what is expected, taking initiative when needed, and asking for everything else. I’m in awe icon_smile.gif
Bunnie, you just made me blush and flush happy and shy all the way up my neck making my hair tingle! thank you!

it is simply that... he fills me; my heart, my lungs, and all the other stuff! rituals do help connect us. they aren’t required, but they are acts of love for us. i know His word as my own and as my compass when i am most focussed on my service to Him; rituals definitely help one focus properly. i can feel Him. His wants and my own are one. His desire is my only. i have found so much peace in using these acts to bring me to a place of complete mindfulness when it is us! it is important we present ourselves as Their chosen medium for Them to create Their masterpiece, at least in a dynamic like ours.
Erick​(sub male)
Erick​(sub male) • Jan 8, 2020
I used to go to a pro dom who helped me a lot with my weight. Woe to me if I had indulged in too many martinis or chocolate bars during the previous weeks. The scales don't lie. It's right there in black and white on the dial. An undeniable FACT.

And she also insisted on my being hairless. Just because for a guy, that's humiliating, and thus a constant reminder that my Mistress was always watching me. Like Big Brother. Or Santa Claus.
AKittenforSir​(sub female){JohnBond}
Bathing: If we’re together I do not bathe myself. He prefers to wash me and then I wash him. Apart, I shower daily.

Hair: Sir has a preference towards brunettes, so while I get highlights in my hair, I keep the base color my natural brown. He also enjoys long hair, so he’s given me a “no shorter than” line on my back so I know how much I can get cut and still be pleasing to him.

Body hair: I try to always keep leg and armpit hair shaved, though I’m Italian and keeping fairly smooth skin means shaving every single day. As it relates to my lady bits; I ask permission/direction in regards to shaving. Sometimes he wants a smooth canvas and sometimes he wants “kitten fuzz”. So I only shave there when directed.

Nails: I get a manicure every two weeks like clock work. Sir chooses the color and the length remains the same (about a quarter inch past my fingertips).

Scents: We have never discussed this but I believe it’s because he finds my natural scent to be pleasing.

Weight: Sir enjoys my curves. He would certainly speak up if he felt I was gaining too much weight or becoming too thin. But I maintain a happy median and he compliments my figure regularly. He does ask periodically about my personal health goals and if I have any he would be persistent in helping me meet them.

Sleep: This is something I struggle with and have my entire pre-teen and adult life. I have prescription medication but I do not enjoy taking it and therefore I just won’t unless made to. Sir understands why I don’t like taking it but also knows that I can’t properly function on no sleep. So he asks me daily if and how well I slept the night before and if I didn’t for a few nights in a row he will instruct me to take a sleeping pill that night. I put this in “self care” because it’s up to me to be honest about my sleep habits and up to me to take the pill when directed and up to me to go to bed at a reasonable time each night to try and sleep rather than surf the web or whatnot.
LordofPain56
4 years ago • Jan 10, 2020
LordofPain56 • Jan 10, 2020
Once upon a time I had a list of "household rules" which included certain health regulations:
She was to do her morning exercises (while watching some exercise program on morning television). I would participate in same room, but doing different exercises instead of her yoga and other girly stuff they do on TV. But we would both exercise together at the same time and same room. I also would take her to the park and we would walk the 1/4 mile stretch and back to the car periodically.
There was also a healthy diet mandate which prohibited unclean meats (like pork, scavenger fish and birds of prey). But she had no responsibility with that part, since I always picked out the groceries and did the cooking. All she had to do was eat it. Sugary drinks and sugar based candies were very limited. But there were substitutes for cleansing of the palette such as grape jelly biscuits or slices of apple. I would keep a chocolate bar that is divided into several squares that you can break up and eat. One would last a week between both of us.
She never had any complaints.
Personally, I never cared about the length of her nails or how she did her hair. I let her decide those things for herself. I will confess that I did used to pick out the perfume I wanted her to wear. Shame on me, but she didn't seem to have a preference.
Meg​(dom female){NotLooking}
4 years ago • Jan 10, 2020
As a domme, I don't ask for much in a ritual sort of sense.

I ask that my sub endeavour to maintain a HEALTHY weight, purely because I love him and want him healthy. I don't want an emaciated stick boy, nor do I want someone who is super jacked. I just want healthy.

I have no diet guidelines, because he is an outstanding cook and I'm not messing with that. Also, I hate cooking and know better than to look a gift horse in the mouth. The only banned foods are my migraine triggers. Oh, and I banned him from trying horse meat; they're friends, not food.

I have no scent requirements beyond the barring of things that trigger my migraines.

On hot sweaty days I require he shower when getting home from work, because sweaty smelly subs are smelly, and I'm not one of those women who is all, "OMG I love sweaty man stank."

And as long as it's not causing him excessive discomfort, I ask that he wear his collar at home.

I also ask that he cut his hair once every blue moon, because I personally dislike long hair on guys, and he would be a shaggy beast if I didn't keep on top of it.

I don't request specific outfits, verbal patterns, or behaviours. There are far fewer detailed things you can ask from a guy I guess (if you're not into feminization).