Online now

Punishment vs Discipline?

Bunnie
4 years ago • Jan 8, 2020

Punishment vs Discipline?

Bunnie • Jan 8, 2020
Recently came across this...

“Punishment is fuelled by fear but Discipline is fuelled by love.”

“When learning life lessons, punishment as a consequence only increases disrespect and makes us feel unsafe, whereas ... discipline increases emotional security and respect.”

Thoughts?
    The most loved post in topic
Daddy Time​(dom male)
Daddy Time​(dom male) • Jan 8, 2020
Agreed, also self discipline when you do your exercises the way you feel afterwards ,or have enough strength to pass the tunnel of candy bars at the super market checkout and you don’t grab one and gobble it up on the way home in your car lol the feeling you get after of accomplishment.
Azzabackam​(switch male){PawPawGirl}
I've always classified the two as: punishment tears you down, discipline builds you up. Something can be done out of sincere love that tears the target down, while something done with the intent of instilling fear can be used by the target to make themselves better.
MasterBear​(other butch)
MasterBear​(other butch) • Jan 8, 2020
I disagree.

In my opinion this is semantics.

If somebody uses corporal means and the s type thinks that they don't deserve it then resentment happens no matter what you call it.

For me it's all about the emotional outcome. Of both parties.

Having come from an abusive household myself, I really don't care what you call it. And furthermore, saying that discipline is done of love creates the option for the D type to utilize it in a more abusive matter.
Erick​(sub male)
Erick​(sub male) • Jan 8, 2020
It can be a useful distinction in language. (And it's why sometimes a profession or field of study is called a "discipline.")

But personally, I just want my cruel Daddy to HURT me whenever I make a mistake. And whatever he chooses to call that pain is fine with me.
LordofPain56
4 years ago • Jan 10, 2020
LordofPain56 • Jan 10, 2020
I never used discipline.
She knew the "house rules" and the "relationship rules" and the consequences for breaking any rule. Beyond that, Master constantly teaches and informs his girl to avoid anything that could be dangerous to her or to us (either physically, financially or spiritually).
Spare the rod, spoil the child.
Punishment helps people to remember not to break the rules.