Online now
Online now

informal Poll

Sasa​(dom female)
3 years ago • Jun 9, 2020
Sasa​(dom female) • Jun 9, 2020
Depends on the person and the kind of email. Is he or she knowns here, can I read something about the person or by her or him in this community. It’s easy to be friendly and cost nothing, just a bit time. If I don’t want to talk today, I could tomorrow. But yes, sometimes I don’t reply, mostly I simply forget to answer. If something looks like a chain mail... well, that’s something else.
theirlovedsub​(sub female)
When I write someone and receive nothing back, I assume that is it's own message of not interested. Either way I am moving on.

I don't always write back if I'm not interested. I'm too used to further messages with a bunch of why & rebuttals (refusing to accept my answer) or I get very mean things given back. So, I only write back if the message seemed very personal or if the other person gives the impression they 100% won't be mean.
JD Dom​(dom male)

Response

JD Dom​(dom male) • Jun 9, 2020
cherrsaw wrote:
Hmmm interesting topic.
I may have to consult my Daddy on this. We have a rule no talking to ANY dom in a private message. So I couldn't respond back to the message unless I informed him first. We talk about everything so that's not an issue he knows about all my adventures on here public and private.
But maybe it is worth considering asking if a standard reply is ok in these instances. Such as
"Sorry as listed in my profile I'm taken already" or something to that effect.
Usually I just delete them seeing how it specifically says in my profile not interested.

This is good, I'm glad you brought it up. Personally, I wouldn't dream of approaching another man's property. If she has written clearly on her profile that she is taken, I won't offer an introduction. I do read profiles, but I suppose it's possible I could accidentally miss a declaration of being owned, especially if not prominently displayed in the profile.
I think you have a very good system with your Daddy. A standard reply approved by your Master/Daddy about being owned is a good idea. You could have a polite one directed at the suitors who approach respectfully by accident, and turn the others over for your Daddy to address. Yes, this is a good system. Thanks for the thought.
JD Dom​(dom male)

Response

cherrsaw wrote:
Hmmm interesting topic.
I may have to consult my Daddy on this. We have a rule no talking to ANY dom in a private message. So I couldn't respond back to the message unless I informed him first. We talk about everything so that's not an issue he knows about all my adventures on here public and private.
But maybe it is worth considering asking if a standard reply is ok in these instances. Such as
Usually I just delete them seeing how it specifically says in my profile not interested.

This is good, I'm glad you brought it up. Personally, I wouldn't dream of approaching another man's property. If she has written clearly on her profile that she is taken, I won't offer an introduction. I do read profiles, but I suppose it's possible I could accidentally miss a declaration of being owned, especially if not prominently displayed in the profile.
I think you have a very good system with your Daddy. A standard reply approved by your Master/Daddy about being owned is a good idea. You could have a polite one directed at the suitors who approach respectfully by accident, and turn the others over for your Daddy to address. Yes, this is a good system. Thanks for the thought.
JD Dom​(dom male)
cherrsaw wrote:
Hmmm interesting topic.

cherrsaw wrote:
Hmmm interesting topic.

JD Dom​(dom male)
Good points made all around. I suppose some clarification is in order.

The "greeting" message I'm referring to is not "Hi." or "What's up". Those get under my skin, as well. No, I'm talking about a brief introduction followed by an expression of interest, maybe a comment about something they said in their profile, one of their interests, etc. Finally a request for her to see my own profile to determine if there is anything appealing to her. So no, I'm not talking about hollow greeting from someone with a blank profile or a canned intro mail.
There is only one comment I don't agree with. I don't think I should feel grateful when a sub deigns to read and respond to my polite message. It's courtesy (based on the respectful approach of my own greeting) to respond with even a short reply indicating they aren't interested. Like I said, short and creepy, I get it.
I'm also not in the shoes of a sub with a good profile. I don't experience a mass volume of replies or mails of interest. I don't think I would feel differently than I do if I got a lot of mail. If I were in her shoes, I would respond "in kind" as has been pointed out. A thoughtful inquiry obviously tailored to myself would get a better response than a short blurb or a word or two.
I'm not running this poll to change anyone's behavior towards me personally. LOL It's just food for thought. If I search out 10 subs, say... subs who have posted a personal ad, and I craft responses individual to those 10 ads, if no-one replies so much as a peep, I wonder what's wrong with myself as a candidate. It's also frustrating in the sense that I DIDN'T send a mindless blurb, but a response based on their individual ads.
Anyway, I promise I'm not soliciting pity. I'm just curious to find out the mentality behind why people do or do not reply to messages.
JD Dom​(dom male)
Good points made all around. I suppose some clarification is in order.

The "greeting" message I'm referring to is not "Hi." or "What's up". Those get under my skin, as well. No, I'm talking about a brief introduction followed by an expression of interest, maybe a comment about something they said in their profile, one of their interests, etc. Finally a request for her to see my own profile to determine if there is anything appealing to her. So no, I'm not talking about hollow greeting from someone with a blank profile or a canned intro mail.
There is only one comment I don't agree with. I don't think I should feel grateful when a sub deigns to read and respond to my polite message. It's courtesy (based on the respectful approach of my own greeting) to respond with even a short reply indicating they aren't interested. Like I said, short and creepy, I get it.
I'm also not in the shoes of a sub with a good profile. I don't experience a mass volume of replies or mails of interest. I don't think I would feel differently than I do if I got a lot of mail. If I were in her shoes, I would respond "in kind" as has been pointed out. A thoughtful inquiry obviously tailored to myself would get a better response than a short blurb or a word or two.
I'm not running this poll to change anyone's behavior towards me personally. LOL It's just food for thought. If I search out 10 subs, say... subs who have posted a personal ad, and I craft responses individual to those 10 ads, if no-one replies so much as a peep, I wonder what's wrong with myself as a candidate. It's also frustrating in the sense that I DIDN'T send a mindless blurb, but a response based on their individual ads.
Anyway, I promise I'm not soliciting pity. I'm just curious to find out the mentality behind why people do or do not reply to messages.
Kara​(sub female){Dark Roast}
Master JD wrote:
Finally a request for her to see my own profile to determine if there is anything appealing to her.

You probably get what you want: someone checking out your profile to see if there’s anything in common/or if there’s compatibility. In this case, no answer is your answer. Most women are not going to directly turn someone down because we’re worried from experience about guys who can’t handle even the politest of rejections.

Between that and the dozens of daily solicitations that female submissives on sites such as this get, you’re probably not going to get any messages of disinterest. Take silence as a no and move on.
heartbrokengirl​(sub female)
3 years ago • Jun 12, 2020

Re: Response

Master JD wrote:
cherrsaw wrote:
Hmmm interesting topic.

so just an update after Consulting with my Daddy.
He says that no response is necessary because I've clearly stated in my profile that I'm taken and if they haven't bothered to read my profile then the message is already irrelevant and they're up to no good.