Online now
Online now

An interesting insight about dom/sub relationships?

Badgirlblues​(dom male)
3 years ago • Jul 11, 2020

An interesting insight about dom/sub relationships?

Badgirlblues​(dom male) • Jul 11, 2020
First, I want to say I am not making any judgments regarding this experience. I just thought it was interesting. This following happened to me. I purchased an item on eBay. I believe it was rope for my bondage photos. For some reason, the vendor and I spoke to one another about the order. As we spoke, I noticed she was assuming a particular assertive tone in her voice, which, at first, I thought was strange. Then as we talked, I got the impression she thought I was a 'sub.' (Maybe from the nature of the order). Well as the conversation progressed, she sounded more and more hostile. I kept asking myself, 'Why is she doing this?' It's not appropriate considering we are just discussing a small purchase on ebay. Then I wondered whether she thought her aggressiveness would be appealing to me since she had the mistaken notion I was a sub. I wondered if the "average' sub would find her aggression/hostility 'rewarding' or attractive in some way. Finally, she cursed at me, saying something like, 'If you're not happy with the effing order, I'm going to come over to where you live and beat the crap out of you!" I continued to be curious, thinking 'is this type of interaction a 'sub would like or is she playing the role of dom, thinking that's what I wanted.?

Finally, I simply extremely frustrated., and I said something like, 'You are welcome to come over and try to beat the crap out of me, but listen, a-hole. I work out, lift weights, and if you try to get hostile, I'll throw you out the effing window!' I really couldn't think of any other strategy to get her to change her tone. I didn't think a reasonalbe approach would work, like, 'I should inform you that I don't appreciate your hostile, threatening tone, etc....." So I am curious what an observer would make of this scenario. I simply thought of it as a learning experience. BTW, when I answered back, she changed her tone immediately, as though she were changing roles or personality, and we became friends. Any 'armchair psychologists' that could analyze the incident. Just curious.
Mr E​(dom male)
Mr E​(dom male) • Jul 11, 2020
Errrrrrrrrrrrrrr... strange situation.
LaVieEnRose​(sub female){Learning }
Even if she thought you were a sub (and male subs can correct me if Iā€™m wrong), that kind of tone and language is completely inappropriate...Iā€™d tell some one where to shove it if they presumed to speak to me like that.
Draiocht​(dom male)
3 years ago • Jul 12, 2020
Draiocht​(dom male) • Jul 12, 2020
That is 11/10 on the inappropriate psycho scale!

For a vendor to speak to a customer like that. And for any Dom to speak to a sub who they do not know like that.
    The most loved post in topic
slaveMikayla​(sub female){MstrJ }
3 years ago • Jul 12, 2020
Yeah... no.
I am with the above, I can not imagine anyone being positively affected by that. I would not want to do business with this person much less befriend them? What in the world of value do they have to contribute to said "friendship"?