Online now
Online now

Online safety

RaraAvis​(sub female)
3 years ago • Jul 21, 2020

Online safety

RaraAvis​(sub female) • Jul 21, 2020
In the state I live in our govener released ( in a lottery) 180 high profile criminals. This is to include violent sex offenders. The world it self was almost at danger because one of the criminals he almost released was Gary Ridgeway aka Green River Killer, his number was one of the ones pulled and the only reason he was caught was another inmate called him out. I have always required pictures one is for the fact that I want to see who I am speaking to. ( yes I realize that fake profile pics exist). Another reason. I am primal and yeah to some physical attraction isn't a must, but the way a person carries themselves, the look in their eyes, all the way down to the smell and energy is important to me. ( again I know I can't smell someone online). This does not make me shallow, but we are all attracted to others on a primitive and genetic level. I understand that people have identities to protect because of work and ethics. But I wish that people would be prepared to provide a picture of the message someone. On other sites I just simply refuse to talk to people who have no pics. On here I would speak to nobody, because everyone is hiding. Men need to understand that it is a safety measure and woman need to see your face.
    The most loved post in topic
Literate Lycan​(dom male)
Literate Lycan​(dom male) • Jul 21, 2020
I concur with you - people should be willing to share when the time is right. And you are not shallow nor is anyone else for having their preferences - whether its brains or looks or a combination. Ultimately we are all attracted for numerous reasons, many of which include physical. As much as I may find someone’s mind and imagination to be riveting, I need to also connect physically for a lasting epic dynamic. I would say most here keep their anonymity for personal and professional reasons, but easily share their photos once they form a connection. Those that don’t share probably have a great deal to hide and I’d use that as a filter for discontinuing conversation. I personally joined the Cage as a mentally stimulating outlet for both reading and writing. I didn’t post pictures of myself in my profile simply because I am not looking - but I have shared my photos once I become friends with individuals. A good number of of us enjoyed a challenge a few months ago called the Shape of Me, wherein we posted photos of ourselves in blogs. Not everyone is hiding - just some are waiting to see how interactions go before they start sharing, if that makes sense.

All the best.

LL
RaraAvis​(sub female)
RaraAvis​(sub female) • Jul 21, 2020
It makes sense. I just really have strong boundaries right now. Typically I am not ran by fear, infact fear is not in my vocabulary, but after reviewing the list of offenders and their offense's and knowing at least 17 of the high profile serial rapist were released I'm a bit edgy and over protective of myself. . And a picture does ease the fear to an extent.

I have to have intelligence and wit in my connection. Mind body soul! 100%

Thank you
Ria
acquiesced​(sub male)
acquiesced​(sub male) • Jul 21, 2020
As far as fake profiles, a simple trick someone once taught me is to have them take a picture with an object in their hand, like a pencil or a fruit. They don't have to show their face. If they're not who they say they are, they won't contact you again. Simple.

Also, in Google Chrome, you can right click (on a computer) on a picture, and 'Search google for this image.' You will be surprised at what you will find.
ComeOverHere​(dom male)
3 years ago • Jul 22, 2020
ComeOverHere​(dom male) • Jul 22, 2020
I have had a few fake profiles message me on here. I knew instantly, mainly because the English was absolutely atrocious and they were asking for an email address within first contact.

There are fake profiles, scammers and horrible people all over the internet. We've all come across them one way or another. Cyber crime has even recently taken over the drug trade in terms of revenue, which is mad when you think about it. I suggest exercising caution when communicating with someone. It's nice to see pictures of each other, but it should be when the time feels right. Some people are private and would prefer not to share so quick, especially with the number of creeps out there. I have only been here a while and have shared my pics once, I felt it was safe to do so.

What Acquiesced suggested is a smart way to weed out those who are looking to scam. I normally like to confront them for a laugh, it's funny when they act all innocent and offended lol

Stay safe and don't let someone pressure you into sharing pics if you're not comfortable. If they don't want to share after a while, is it worth continuing?
Aquarius Dom​(dom male)
3 years ago • Jul 23, 2020
Aquarius Dom​(dom male) • Jul 23, 2020
Ever since the early days of the interweb there have been fakes scammers and frauds !
Some of which can be very evil in their intentions, I for one have have had experience of them on a regular basis , but you learn to deal with them and indeed from time to time bait them before letting on that you know they aren’t what they say !
The funniest ones are guys pretending to be girls ! The language is normally all wrong ! So Alice 35 slim blonde from Luton turns out to be Albert a 28 stone trucker from Widnes !!!
If I am ever planning to chat to someone more intimately that I’m not sure about I will ask for a POL (proof of life) pic ! Basically it’s a snap of me in a certain position that they replicate and send back , it doesn’t compromise their privacy but does give me a degree of security ! And if they make excuses then it’s a Red flag and the chat remains shallow or is ended !
Trust your gut instinct not your heart or genitals lol
ArtfulDodger​(sub female){collared}
Sadly, even a photo doesn't guarantee that the person is on the up-and-up. Some of the worst jerks I have met online have included photos, and I found myself very attracted to them until I got to know them better. It just underscores the importance of thoroughly vetting a potential Dom. Trust your gut! If something just doesn't feel right, it probably isn't.
RaraAvis​(sub female)
RaraAvis​(sub female) • Jul 23, 2020
I rather have a face to go with the douche than a no face douche. Some of us are very visual In life and I am one of them
Thank you! 😊
RedKat{Not now }
RedKat{Not now } • Jul 23, 2020
Sounds like your governor is just as fucking bright as ours and others. I read that a lot of the offenders that were released had already committed a crime and arrested again. So much for the lack of rehabilitation in our prison system. I thought they would have at least learned how to be a better criminal! I am pretty close to just pulling out my hair over all the nonsense...