Online now
Online now

Question for subs about experienced Doms

Tthomas
3 years ago • Aug 24, 2020

Question for subs about experienced Doms

Tthomas • Aug 24, 2020
Hello everyone. I am fairly new to this website but not the the D/s lifestyle. I have read many profiles from younger submissive females. Most are looking for younger experienced Doms under 30. I guess experience is relative. Knowing what I know at my age you can only have so much experience. Unless someone is a true student in his 20’s he can only have so much knowledge. Please do not hold this against someone, reading about a subject will only get you so far. I would just like other views on this.
Draiocht​(dom male)
Draiocht​(dom male) • Aug 24, 2020
100% Agree. There is no substitute for real life experience, in all aspects. The subs who have enjoyed the benefits of an experienced Dom know what I am talking about icon_smile.gif
MissBonnie​(dom female){oz}
Devils advocate here and just throwing out some more food for thought...

So does one (as in the Dom/me) need to know it all? or just the skills s/he needs to make their world complete?
Devotedsub​(sub female){His}
I believe it depends on at what age you started in the lifestyle, how long you've been in it... Do you live it day to day..? A lot of things come to mind when I hear the word "experience." I do agree with Bunnie's comment /question. If you have the skills necessary to make the subs world complete, isn't that all that really matters?... It actually made me think! Often I say... I want an experienced Dom/Domme. When it comes to men, I personally prefer older than I am USUALLY because they tend to be in a different place in life than the younger ones. I am also often physically attracted to older men as well. It's just a preference, however I won't not give someone a chance who is younger and mature. It isn't really as much about the experience in bdsm for me as it is the maturity and being able to hold an intellectual conversation and general experience in life itself. Bdsm skills can always be learned... The person themselves is what I am focused on.
kajirasubm{On Hiatus }
kajirasubm{On Hiatus } • Aug 24, 2020
For both Submissives and for Dominants, BDSM is in our DNA.
It's the core of whom we are.
Submission and Dominance are inherent - but will develop differently for each one of us, at different stages of our lives.
We come to understand ourselves more fully through the years.
It takes a lifetime of learning, exploring and understanding.
It becomes richer as you age.

I guess it also comes down to preference and which age group one is reaching for.
DrWakko
DrWakko • Aug 24, 2020
Experience is subjective. With the internet munches and classes are very easy for someone to find events like these if they want to. Some from 18 to death can attend these things. On top of that there are a lot more books as well as research out there. Just because you are older does not mean you have more experience.

As a red flag those who brag about their experience usually don't.

DW
Tthomas
Tthomas • Aug 24, 2020
MissBonnie wrote:
Devils advocate here and just throwing out some more food for thought...

So does one (as in the Dom/me) need to know it all? or just the skills s/he needs to make their world complete?

I do not think anyone knows it all. Having said that I think when you are younger (I know in my case it was true) very seldom you are mature enough to realize what you don’t know.
Miki

Re: Question for subs about experienced Doms

Miki • Aug 24, 2020
Tthomas wrote:
Hello everyone. I am fairly new to this website but not the the D/s lifestyle. I have read many profiles from younger submissive females. Most are looking for younger experienced Doms under 30. I guess experience is relative. Knowing what I know at my age you can only have so much experience. Unless someone is a true student in his 20’s he can only have so much knowledge. Please do not hold this against someone, reading about a subject will only get you so far. I would just like other views on this.

I read and re-read your original post:

Sorry, what was the question, Boss?

FYI I'm a 35-year old sexual (only) masochist, so perhaps you don't wanna hear from me.. That's Jake with me!
Miki

Re: Question for subs about experienced Doms

Miki • Aug 24, 2020
Tthomas wrote:

Let It Be Known To All Those Present:

I don't give a rat's ass about a guy's age... As long as he can perform, either vanilla sex or whipping the shit out of me... That's what counts!!
Tthomas
Tthomas • Aug 24, 2020
Miki, All questions are welcome and all points are considered.

When a young submissive is looking for a young Dominate sometimes they ask for them to be experienced.

The question is what kind or how much experience do you expect/want a young Dominate to have? Is that expectation realistic?