Online now
Online now

Private parts in profiles

Sasa​(dom female)
3 years ago • Oct 10, 2020
Sasa​(dom female) • Oct 10, 2020
There is an interesting book by Steven Arthur Pinker, The Better Angels of Our Nature: Why Violence Has Declined. Only if someone likes to read ... unfortunately a lot of pages, so probably not everyones cup of tea.

Please, stop taking everything personally. Ah, and I like good body pics and if not I leave the profile with respect for those who enjoy it.
tallslenderguy​(other male)
exploringsubmissive wrote:
Here's my opinion. I don't like penis pictures when they are sent to me specifically without my asking for them. On a site like this I expect to see them and don't mind! (I like it most of the time to be honest!

Women have been saying that specifically for a long time. Don't SEND them if we haven't asked for them. If I sent a picture of my boobs or vagina to someone without them asking for it, then that would be wrong too. I don't see a double standard there honestly.

Now, I haven't posted any pictures specifically because I don't really have any ones of me that I like right now, and I don't have any good kinky pics! I have my boobs up on my fet life profile, but it's a 2-3 year old picture, so...I dunno.

This all makes sense to me. The OP referred to "profile pics" specifically. i think unsolicited pics is another matter.

The OP made the comment: We all know that men who post pictures of their penis in their profile are many things, none of which are good. "

i responded early in the thread, but not to this comment specifically. i think this is presumptuous, that we don't "all know that men who post pictures of their penis in their profile are many things, none of which are good. " i think that is a leap, just from a pic posted on a profile.

Re concerns about people who have been victims of assault, i think The Cage has done a great job making this a safe place. This thread went off topic from the original question of "profile pictures." Profile pics of a sexual nature are blurred on The Cage and one has to choose to see them, so nothing is being forced on anyone in the original context.
Devotedsub​(sub female){His}
Defender wrote:
Devotedsub wrote:
So thinker wants to compare rape to car accidents. How do you even do that? This is why the world is so screwed up. God help.

Devoted, I would be interested to know whether you think that a mother losing her child in a car accident, or a daughter losing her parents in a car accident, is less traumatic than rape.

As I have told someone else who asked me, my comment did NOT mean a car accident could be less traumatic than a rape. Honestly, I can't say which would be less traumatic because EVERYONE reacts to traumas of different types in different ways. No one is the same. My problem with it is they are two separate things. How the hell do you even compare a car accident with a rape? They are separate things. I am not taking anything personally. I simply feel the community is in danger right now because of just this sort of thing. Am I affected, hell yes. But so isn't everyone else. It's not just about ME.

Let me say this a second time.. So that everyone understands very clear, my comment about rapes /car accidents was NOT intended to mean that a car accident situation could be less traumatic than a rape situation. The two are completely different things. People react to things differently. People's trauma is different based off of who they are and where they are in their lives, their make up, multiple other factors.

Thank you for your question here. I'm glad I could clarify that for anyone wondering.
RavenN
RavenN • Oct 10, 2020
Different strokes for different folks...

My preference is to ask (beg) politely: โ€œSir, may I please see a picture of your hard cock?โ€

His response: โ€œSend me a voice request, my pet...โ€

๐Ÿ˜‰
The Thinker​(sadist male){NotLooking}
[quote="tallslenderguy"]
exploringsubmissive wrote:

The OP made the comment: We all know that men who post pictures of their penis in their profile are many things, none of which are good. "

i responded early in the thread, but not to this comment specifically. i think this is presumptuous, that we don't "all know that men who post pictures of their penis in their profile are many things, none of which are good. " i think that is a leap, just from a pic posted on a profile.

Since I have a very dry sense of humor, my sarcasm doesn't always come across clearly.

Yes, I have heard the above from multiple women.

Yes, I think it's nonsense.

In fact, I think that it is total nonsense coming from women who themselves post pics of private parts in their own profiles.

That was the point of my post.
Sasa wrote:
There is an interesting book by Steven Arthur Pinker, The Better Angels of Our Nature: Why Violence Has Declined. Only if someone likes to read ... unfortunately a lot of pages, so probably not everyones cup of tea.

Pinker is one of my favorite authors. The key reasons for a long term drop in violence, according to Pinker, are:

1) Rise of education
2) Rise of rational vs. emotional decision making
3) Strong nation states putting the clamp on personal violene
4) Commerce, where nations would rather trade than go to war
5) Resultant rise in standard of living across the board

Richer, more educated, rational people don't take the path of violence.

Now on sexual violence, I believe that the rtes for such would drop precipitously in the USA if prostitution was made legal. Just compare Netherlands to my home state of Massachusetts. Similar population, similar levels of education, much higher income in Massachusetts. Yet Netherlands has far lower sexual violence, and prostitution is legal there. Both are liberal places.

Like trade in anything else, if men and women are allowed to trade in sex, they perhaps won't resort to violence to get access to sex.
Bunnie
Bunnie • Oct 10, 2020
Lol, the twists and turns of this discussion. It has been interesting to follow.

@ Thinker,
Although Iโ€™m not against the concept of legalising prostitution, and do agree that that could be a contributing factor, there may be other factors to consider as well. What is the education like in the Netherlands around sex? How much is sexual identity influenced by religious beliefs? What does media portray? How does the general public feel about their bodies in a sexual sense? I think there are many contributing factors as to why statistics differ, in any case, in different places.
Sasa​(dom female)
Sasa​(dom female) • Oct 10, 2020
in Berlin, Hamburg and other cities we have red light districts - the sexworker are registered, have a so-called "Bockschein" - that means they have to see a doctor regularly, they have health insurance ( a good one) and are able to pay into pension insurance. I don't know if it's better or not - some people have a problem, for other citizens it's a normal service. Are there any illegal ones? Sure there are. Does it help against violence/ rape? Not so sure if we remember that rapist could be friends and family, the not so dear husband.

Addition: please do not compare violence against women, but violence in general between the Netherlands and your state. I think the percentages are related and are comparable. No weapons are carried here, knives are only now becoming modern (unfortunately), religion is obsolete and, and, and ...

Last edited by * on Sun Oct 11, 2020 12:13 am, edited 1 time in total
Sasa, my theory is that if the friends and family had an alternative route to satisfy their sexual needs, then sexual assault committed by them will drop. Just like bank robbery drops when people have more options for gainful employment.