Online now
Online now

Pets—do they matter?

alphawolfishere​(dom male)
3 years ago • Nov 6, 2020

Pets—do they matter?

It’s a beautiful, sunny day here in California. The water is clear, calm and ready for performing magic. I hope everyone is doing OK. The weekend is here and all the Presidential votes are nearly counted icon_smile.gif

As I await my Cuban steak sub to be delivered, I figured I’d ask a very interesting question.

I have a cat. He’s pretty darn cute too. He’s an Alpha type cat. He thinks he runs everything. But I’ve warned my cat... if I meet a sub who has a dog or cat, he’ll need to find a place to stay. icon_smile.gif

So here’s my question...

When you’re considering a BDSM relationship, do you factor in pets? I’m not talking about freaky stuff... though I suppose some people may wanna know whose pet has been ‘owned’ by who... if you know what I mean. Again, I’m not talking about that.

Interestingly, last night, I enjoyed a conversation with someone, and we talked about our pets. I got to thinking, a lot of times people want to talk about sex and BDSM details. Which are all very important topics. But if you’re desiring a live-in partnership, I’m assuming the P word (Pets not Pussy) has to come up.

That means discussing dogs, cats, snakes, hamsters, bees, lobsters, ant farms and everything else that comes along with your BSDM boo. And what if their pets don’t get along with your pets? Who comes and who goes? Better yet, what if you break out the ball and chains, and the pets don’t wanna get out the bed?!

I’d love to hear your thoughts on pet boundaries.

Thanks!
LaVieEnRose​(sub female){Learning }
3 years ago • Nov 6, 2020
My doggo is my world so animals are definitely something I think about. He’s not totally opposed to other animals so that makes life easier lol but I’m of the view point if you have a pet you made a commitment to them and unless there is a very damn good reason you find a way to make it work to have them come with you or stay.

Anyone who says oh well moving with them is hard, I flew him back from a different country so not an excuse lol
SubtleHush​(sub female)
3 years ago • Nov 7, 2020
SubtleHush​(sub female) • Nov 7, 2020
My relationships happen to include power exchange with my partner where He is dominant. There is no line between kink and vanilla. We are a couple and we travel both realms. So I am not sure how BDSM factors into it.

AS for me. Pets matter. Honestly any guy who said he could keep his pet but mine had to go? That probably would be the shortest conversation in the history of hello's. That would strike me as very selfish and one sided and I see a lot of that in this realm. People who think if they are Dom they can dane to be selfish and deny their partner anything as they wish. It doesn't really work that way. And maybe you didn't mean it that way but a fair number of the tourist trade do.

I love animals and wouldn't be with someone who didn't. Honestly I find it suspect. But they can do them and I'll do me. I find people who love animals have a whole different level of compassion and youthfulness. They appreciate animals and nature in their simplicity and uniqueness.

You can tell a lot about a person in how they treat animals, or people, for that matter who have fewer options.
    The most loved post in topic
shortylotus​(dom female){ValueDom}
I have a German Shepherd and a Belgium Malinois, both protection trained. To most people they can be very intimidating. I just keep my dogs very controlled at all times. As far as choosing between man vs beast? All I can say is the dogs make damn good bed warmers and cause a lot less headaches.
OraclePollon​(sub female){NotYours}
If you can't keep your pet and commit to them, then I do not trust your judgement or if you are capable of committing to me. You take responsibility for your actions. I would have more respect for you if you considered your pet a part of your life and not willing to have the discussion of them not being part of the equation. Hands down.
Miki
3 years ago • Nov 11, 2020
Miki • Nov 11, 2020
Except maybe slimy snakes or creepy lizards, when one takes in a pet, it really should be its "forever home". So my suggestion is, when first meeting someone for this kind of ruff stuff (well not ruff as in a dog) this ought to be among the first topics when the situation looks like it might sizzle. Get it out in the open early enough to be able to walk away with only your dick (or the real P word, though for me it's the S word as in "snatch") is disappointed.

I have no pets because I'm seldom home (long and weird work nights) and when I am home after work it's shit, shower, and sleep. Hell Hath No Fury as a Bored Bowser (ask any number of once-nice shoes in the dumpster having been chewed to death) However, I am acutely aware of the too-many dogs and cats in the shelters because they were adopted or otherwise acquired by owners who failed to think the ramifications of said critters in the household long term through, and those people dump Danny Doberman off at the shelter because he doesn't fit into the grand plan.. Dogs especially have feelings and this is a heartbreak. So few find new and forever homes. Most of them languish until the time the shelter decides they need to meet their maker to make room for the next misfit mutt. Of course there are no-kill shelters but if they're filled up with Fidos, they won't take in any more.

Worse, every year I read in the papers and online, warnings to people who think buying that cute white bunny for the kids for Easter is such a swell idea only to find out that the thing grows into a rabbit, needs care, and of course once the novelty wears off, the kids lose interest in it and Mister Cottontail gets neglected, mom and dad get stuck cleaning its cage, buying food and whatnot and soon enough they drop it off at one of the few shelters that accept rabbits, or worse, bring it to "live on the farm" which is parent-speak for having ol' Bugs Bunny zapped and chucked into the compost pile.

My! I'm verbose tonight, must be past my bed time. To make a boring story short, talk it up and early and if there is a conflict, remember, acquiring a pet should be a commitment.

Too many butt-cracks out there fail to see that, and adorable, loyal pets pay the price.