Online now
Online now

Feature suggestion....

SirsBabyDoll​(sub female){Pizza+☕}
2 years ago • Dec 15, 2021
I don't know about anyone else, but I'd be curious to be able to read the History of the Cage.

How was the idea of the Cage born? How did a woman from North America and a man from Israel come together to build this place? Was it over a night of fun debauchery, coffee, a want ad? When was the cage born?

There are lots of other businesses that will have a "History" page in their "About Us" section. I think it would be nice to have a page for the Cage.
I came up with another idea.

In cage mail, I know that in premium, we have a contact list but can we have a "create new message" tab for ALL membership levels that have Villanelle's, Cage Monkey's and support/info address. I find it difficult (sometimes) to look up the addresses when I'm trying to juggle taking screenshots, grabbing thread links, grabbing thread names, grabbing all the info needed, etc.

Secondly, I think there should be a "report thread" button like we do for blogs and profiles. Not to remove the thread but maybe putting it on pause until you can examine it yourself. Just a way to be able to say, "HEY! Can you take a look at this? It doesn't feel comfortable."
tallslenderguy​(other male)
i've not had great experiences with those who send a "wink." i guess if it's a response emoji it's different than just something someone can send you. i've found a lot of scammers use the push button features like "wink," that are easier than writing something. Even when it's a legit person, i feel like it's lazy.
i've taken the time to write a profile, blog, contribute on threads, if a person wants to connect with me, there's a lot out there to connect to, so it's a lot more meaningful for me when someone give a substantive response. It kills me when i get a "wink" or "cruise" (hey, i'm gay lol, gay sites have "cruise" buttons) and i go to the persons profile and there is nothing there. It's sort of like the invisible man is flirting with me.
LongerJohnny​(dom male)
LongerJohnny​(dom male) • Dec 15, 2021
A suggestion that many of us have discussed and agreed about has to do with the voice blog feature.
Only premium members can record them but it would be good for non-premium users to be able to listen to them, in their entirety or at least a short sample like 30 - 45 seconds.
It would be a good way to interest people in premium features that they would not otherwise experience, which in turn could prompt them to upgrade their subscriptions.
And since there are many new members since that feature was introduced (in May?) how about a free month for every user like was offered at that time?
Miki
2 years ago • Dec 16, 2021
Miki • Dec 16, 2021
Getting back on the wink thing... yeah sure, I guess, so long as they're not like the old Facebook "pokes"-- Those got to be such a pain in my ass that I stopped responding altogether. Fortunately an unrequited poke meant "Poker A" couldn't send any more of the damned things until the recipient responded.

If that is incorporated into any possible "wink" feature, sure.. But not really all-in with this kind of crap. If the site adds them, OK if not, no skin off my ass.

However (it isn't in keeping with the friendly atmosphere they want here but I totally have to throw it into the mix. ) A middle finger icon to ... subtly??... tell a pest to go pound sand. Hit the bricks.. That sort of thing.

Especially handy for those who can't take "No, thanks" for an answer, or send flowery messages to someone without reading their profile and noticing that they're either taken or simply not looking.
lourp​(sub female)
2 years ago • Dec 17, 2021
lourp​(sub female) • Dec 17, 2021
ButterfliesAndCuffs wrote:
I’d like it if when you blocked someone they couldn’t see your blog or page instead of just not being able to contact you.

Yes, and maybe choose to hide your profile from them, so they can't see your online status, blogs etc
lourp​(sub female)
lourp​(sub female) • Dec 17, 2021
Can we maybe have a search facility in Bond and/or Mail?
lourp wrote:

Omg! Yes! Especially mail. I have several hundred messages (I save everything) so when I want to look for a particular person or thread, it can be hard.
LongerJohnny​(dom male)
2 years ago • Dec 18, 2021
LongerJohnny​(dom male) • Dec 18, 2021
SirsBabyDoll wrote:
lourp wrote:

Omg! Yes! Especially mail. I have several hundred messages (I save everything) so when I want to look for a particular person or thread, it can be hard.

Or an archiving system that will make it possible to put all messages from individuals into separate personalized folders.