Online now
Online now

When is a Dom not allowed to discipline or correct a submissive?

I'mME
1 year ago • Aug 20, 2022
I'mME • Aug 20, 2022
Dom Pinnacle wrote:
Dominus that's very key what you said as far as laying out what's not to be corrected or disciplined from the beginning. I've always believed in being transparent from the start so that there is no miscommunication about what either person expects or not. And I've seen too many relationships fail because they just rode that dopamine wave. And when that faded, so did the relationship. Thanks.

You can not forsee everything that is coming down the pike.
So something can and will come up that had not been covered at the very beginning, unless you are just playing around for a few months.

You should always be able to bring something up to your partner. Maybe at the time when checking in with each other, but if a Dom is always poised ready to discipline their subs, maybe they picked the wrong sub.
B L O N D I E​(sub female)
B L O N D I E​(sub female) • Aug 20, 2022
I agree with Morley that punishments, corrections, and discipline should always be agreed upon beforehand during the negotiation/contract phase. I would also add that the exact nature of the punishment should also be pre-determined and agreed upon beforehand.

I would take it one step further, though, and I would say that a dominant (any decent one, at least) should sit his sub down after an infraction and point out that we had this agreement beforehand, you broke it, therefore you deserve a punishment. A decent dominant will get the sub's consent before administering correction for EACH INFRACTION. Just getting the sub's consent beforehand in the contract phase isn't enough. The sub needs to consent to the correction EACH TIME without exception. The sub should fully understand the nature of their infraction and should whole-heartedly agree that they require the correction and that what is about to happen is fully in agreement with their previously determined contract as well as that it appears fair and appropriate at the time. I don't think it works to punish a sub at all unless they fully understand the nature of their infraction and the justification of the correction. I don't believe a dominant should administer any correction until the sub comes to this understanding. Just my opinion.
B L O N D I E​(sub female)
B L O N D I E​(sub female) • Aug 20, 2022
In response to I'mMe, I think that, if something comes up on the spot, then a whole new negotiation should take place. I don't believe a dominant should correct anything that has just come up for the first time. That isn't consent. They need to have an objective discussion about how this behavior will be handled, how it affects the relationship, and if it deserves any punishment. A dominant should never correct something without full consent and disclosure first.
moll​(other female){owned slav}

Re: When is a Dom not allowed to discipline or correct a sub

Dom Pinnacle wrote:
As many of you know, I've been in a back and forth with several members here about my place as a dominant. There are different types of subs and doms, obviously. I am dominant at all times. I don't switch and I don't judge those who do. I am happily single (for those of you who asked). Peace of mind will always rain supreme in my life. I don't do drama. What I've tolerated here would never be tolerated in my personal life. I would simply leave. My question is to the women that are submissive to their Dom AT ALL TIMES. Not just sexually or for purpose of role playing. When is a Dom not allowed to discipline or correct his submissive?

When the submissive has not disobeyed any rule or command. I would also add that after a submissive has asked for release, but at that point they are no longer the person's sub and no longer obligated to adhere to the dominant's rules.

If you want to get into the sub having a good reason for disobeying, that's strictly up to the dominant on whether he/she still feels that punishment is justified or not.
I'mME
I'mME • Aug 20, 2022
moll,

Great answer. When they have not done anything.
Dom Pinnacle​(dom male)
Dom Pinnacle​(dom male) • Aug 20, 2022
Moll, disciplining or correcting a sub that hasn't done anything wrong (disobeyed) is simply abuse. And if the sub asks for release they should be on their way out the door. I'll never attempt to keep a woman that doesn't want to be there.
I'mME
I'mME • Aug 20, 2022
rieunleashed wrote:
In response to I'mMe, I think that, if something comes up on the spot, then a whole new negotiation should take place. I don't believe a dominant should correct anything that has just come up for the first time. That isn't consent. They need to have an objective discussion about how this behavior will be handled, how it affects the relationship, and if it deserves any punishment. A dominant should never correct something without full consent and disclosure first.

I concur.
moll​(other female){owned slav}
Dom Pinnacle wrote:
Moll, disciplining or correcting a sub that hasn't done anything wrong (disobeyed) is simply abuse. And if the sub asks for release they should be on their way out the door. I'll never attempt to keep a woman that doesn't want to be there.

Dom Pinnacle: I just want to state that I have permission from my Master to post this reply to you: Thank you Captain Obvious. That's exactly when a Dom/Master has no right to discipline a sub/slave.

Regarding "their way out the door." Many sub/slaves that do live with their Dom/Master can't just pick up and leave. They packed up their lives to move in with their Dom/Master. Some from the same city and some from the other side of the globe. I know a slave that moved to Los Angeles from Brisbane, Australia (<----7,000 miles). She asked him for release a few years ago (after 2 years), but it was during the Covid shut down. She couldn't just pick up and move.....anywhere. Luckily for her, her former Master is a good man and allowed her to stay in his home, separate bedrooms of course, until the travel restrictions were lifted. Then it was a matter of affording a plane ticket.

And then there is those sub/slaves that are actually the owner of the home.

Even in a vanilla relationship it's not easy for one person to just move out. A lot of separated couples actually keep living in the same home because of finances...or lack there of and they cannot impose on a friend or family.

NO.....some people cannot just "be on their way out the door" so easy.
I'mME
I'mME • Aug 20, 2022
moll wrote:
Dom Pinnacle wrote:

Dom Pinnacle: I just want to state that I have permission from my Master to post this reply to you: Thank you Captain Obvious. That's exactly when a Dom/Master has no right to discipline a sub/slave.

Regarding "their way out the door." Many sub/slaves that do live with their Dom/Master can't just pick up and leave. They packed up their lives to move in with their Dom/Master. Some from the same city and some from the other side of the globe. I know a slave that moved to Los Angeles from Brisbane, Australia (<----7,000 miles). She asked him for release a few years ago (after 2 years), but it was during the Covid shut down. She couldn't just pick up and move.....anywhere. Luckily for her, her former Master is a good man and allowed her to stay in his home, separate bedrooms of course, until the travel restrictions were lifted. Then it was a matter of affording a plane ticket.

And then there is those sub/slaves that are actually the owner of the home.

Even in a vanilla relationship it's not easy for one person to just move out. A lot of separated couples actually keep living in the same home because of finances...or lack there of and they cannot impose on a friend or family.

NO.....some people cannot just "be on their way out the door" so easy.

Moll,

This is me personally, but if I were to pick up and move across the US or across the globe, I would negotiate terms in case something happened.